Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Earthquake [merged]

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earthquake [merged]

I was at Disneyland for the 5.7 in July of 2008 and can confirm it takes HOURS to re-open rides (In my case, it took 3). This is not an exaggeration.

Comment

It was a long weak shaker here and it was kinda fun :lol: I was just standing there as it was shaking and I'm watching the trees and windows and other stuff shake. But in all seriousness, hope everyone near the epicenter is alright and there's no serious injuries or damage
      Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

At first I thought it was me! I thought maybe I was swaying cause I might have been sick, but then I looked outside and everything was shaking! It wasn't that bad. They were long rolls instead of jolts. Haven't felt one in a while. Hope everyone is ok!

Comment

Felt it here in Brea, CA. Very long rolling sensation. It is in fact 6.9. ABC7 Also reported that all attractions at Disneyland are shut down, but will reopen soon after all inspections. They also reported that guests are stuck in the Disneyland Hotel elevator.

Comment

A Quake a quake, the house begins to shake you're bouncing round the room and watching all your dishes break (Animaniacs... no?)
            Felt it in Phoenix thought I was losing my mind until I realized stuff in my room was moving (just a gentle shaking). So weird (I've never felt a quake before and I've been in 3 now
            Hope everyone is okay that's close by and that Disneyland opens back up soon for those there.

Comment

Wow, second quake occurred about 20 minutes ago just south of Brawley, 5.1!

Here in Mission Viejo it was a long one, the house shook for at least a minute with a sharpish jolt toward the end.
              "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
              made of hopes and childhood fantasies
              A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
              A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
              Young at Heart"

Comment

Very small aftershocks....

Comment

I just heard about this quake up here in Oregon, 2 hours south of Portland at the University of Oregon.

The news said "A 6.9 earthquake hit Baja California. Disneyland has been evacuated"...

I find it funny that up here in Oregon, they make sure to tell everyone that Disneyland was evacuated. Heh.

Comment

I was almost in Disneyland for that. :o. Instead I was visiting a college during it. Phew :x.
                    So it's planned to still be open, right? Lol
                    What an interesting vacation!
                    You never know who you will run into next . . .

http://whatadilemma.deviantart.com/

Comment

Ok, new update again. A CM I talked to said she thought there were 2 small quakes first, then a big one. My iPhone battery is about to die, stupid AT&T, so I probably can't update again till I charge it.

Comment

I was in the pin shop in Frontierland when the earthquake hit. At first I thought the counter was rocking, then I looked up to see that the antler chandeliers were swaying. It lasted about 30 seconds, but it was pretty mild rolling. Street entertainment started almost immediately back up. So far, I know that Winnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion are running, and I think the train may reopen soon, as well.

Not too bad for my first earthquake!

Comment

officially upgraded to a 7.2

Comment

that means world of color will be postponed once again

Comment

now CBS 2 says it was 7.2 instead of 6.9
                              My Art site
                              http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I was standing with my twins next to the entrance to Frontierland, watching the ducks and fish. I could not understand why the bridge rail was moving. And the ground felt like it was moving side to side - for a long time!

Then I noticed the lamps on the bridge were swaying back and forth and the water was sloshing from side to side.

Walking through Frontierland, everyone was talking about the earthquake and BTMRR was closed. I realized then that all the rides were going to be closed for a while, so we left.

And we got to ride a tram with doors! Win!
                                How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                                :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X