This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earthquake [merged]

I was in the pin shop in Frontierland when the earthquake hit. At first I thought the counter was rocking, then I looked up to see that the antler chandeliers were swaying. It lasted about 30 seconds, but it was pretty mild rolling. Street entertainment started almost immediately back up. So far, I know that Winnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion are running, and I think the train may reopen soon, as well.

Not too bad for my first earthquake!

Comment

officially upgraded to a 7.2

Comment

that means world of color will be postponed once again

Comment

now CBS 2 says it was 7.2 instead of 6.9
          My Art site
          http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I was standing with my twins next to the entrance to Frontierland, watching the ducks and fish. I could not understand why the bridge rail was moving. And the ground felt like it was moving side to side - for a long time!

Then I noticed the lamps on the bridge were swaying back and forth and the water was sloshing from side to side.

Walking through Frontierland, everyone was talking about the earthquake and BTMRR was closed. I realized then that all the rides were going to be closed for a while, so we left.

And we got to ride a tram with doors! Win!
            How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
            :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by awesomemama View Post
              Have been there in the past when an earthquake hit. It takes hours to get anything up and going, even to let people into the stores. It was explained to me that the have to wait a certain amount of time to make sure there will be no more aftershocks, then they have to test all the rides, etc. HOURS. And pity the poor CM's. Everyone complains. It is a good time to grab a seat and a turkey leg or dole whip and people watch!
              It would suck to be a CM during an earthquake and having to deal with guests complaining or demanding a refund over something that was waaaaaay beyond their control.

And what if they plan to evacuate the parks and close for the remainder of the day?

Do they ever give a compensation to the guests for when earthquakes occur? Like a discount ticket or a free day ticket or anything like that?

Comment

Yup, 7.2

Comment

ABC 7 showed a pic of Main street from someones twitter...its a bumper crop of guests O.O
                  My Art site
                  http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Just saw twitpic on the news of Main Street.

I'm very glad I'm not at Disneyland right now.

Comment

People leaving #Disneyland park after #Earthquake in MexiCali. on Twitpic
                      - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey114 View Post
                        I just heard about this quake up here in Oregon, 2 hours south of Portland at the University of Oregon.

The news said "A 6.9 earthquake hit Baja California. Disneyland has been evacuated"...

I find it funny that up here in Oregon, they make sure to tell everyone that Disneyland was evacuated. Heh.
                        I find it a bit hysterical too ... as news media love drama.

So a quake 108 miles south of Tijuana hits ... Is felt AS FAR NORTH as downtown LA.

If we are making a big enough drama out of this .... then when a bad shaker does hit the area ... will people be able to handle it (?).
                        MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's posted this or not

Disneyland feels Baja California earthquake of 7.2 (revised) | The Disney Blog
                          I need to take a vacation.
                          April 17 - The Young Veins : COMPLETED
                          June 24 - The Young Veins (again)
                          July 31- August 7- 16th Birthday @ Disneyland
                          August 15 - VersaEmerge
                          August 19 - The Monster Ball: Starring Lady Gaga

twitter.com/itsnicoletaylor
                          itsnicoletaylor.tumblr.com
                          facebook.com/fueledbynicoletaylor

Comment

Part of me wishes that I were there to experience that. XD

Any news on when things will be back up and running?
                            You never know who you will run into next . . .

http://whatadilemma.deviantart.com/

Comment

The image shown on the news from Twitter was this one
                              Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Someonw have post that some of the ride are back-up and running
                                his I-phone battey have die.
                                AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                                Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                Older photo
                                New Photo

Member of
                                MiceChat WDW Trip
                                Next trip
                                2014 Dec, 31

Comment

how has Seattle NOT had a huge earthquake recently? I get scared when we do get one..it will be HUGE.
                                  :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                    I find it a bit hysterical too ... as news media love drama.

So a quake 108 miles south of Tijuana hits ... Is felt AS FAR NORTH as downtown LA.

If we are making a big enough drama out of this .... then when a bad shaker does hit the area ... will people be able to handle it (?).
                                    I dont blame people for making drama out of earthquakes. You never know where or when one will happen and there's usually a large number of deaths that result. I have a feeling that an earthquake in Mexico is gonna constitute a high death toll.

People will just handle earthquakes the way they do. Of course I am in Indiana and I didnt take the little Illinois earthquake we got two years ago all that seriously. I actually slept through the whole thing. If the magnitude had been bigger I probably would've been dead.

Originally posted by MewTails View Post
                                    Part of me wishes that I were there to experience that. XD
                                    Is it bad of me to agree? The only earthquake I ever experience was a tiny one that occured while I was sleeping. I felt the bed shake but it wasnt any different from when I'm moving around on the bed. I live in a very squeaky house.

Comment

Found these pictures from @LAWeekly Twitter page of pictures within Mexicali Mexico

Another pic of the Earthquake!!!! | TweetPhoto

#terremotoMexicali Edificio Excomex. on Twitpic

Una de las calles de mexicali despues del temblor | TweetPhoto
                                      Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

I wish I was there. I would've been like "Your leaving already? Oh well, more rides for me!"

LOL. I would be surprised if DL's a ghost town tonight. I would imagine people going back to their hotels and coming back later tonight when things are back to normal.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                        The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                        Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                        World of Color Count: 74

Comment

^none of those pictures surprise me in the least bit. What surprising is none of my Disney merch fell down.

Comment

Working...
                                          X