This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] More Tron Ride/Tomorrowland Rumors

Screamscape has just posted this article which further tells that Disney is trying to a light cycle ride in the Innoventions building, as well as adds details to the rumored tomorrowland redo. It also states that we could be getting a Tron Ride as early as 2012-2013.

2012/2013 - Tron / New Tomorrowland

I am for one excited to hear that Disney is trying for a new ride system that has yet to be seen in a Disney park.

Re: More Tron Ride/Tomorrowland Rumors

Perhaps it'll be released sequentially with Tron 2.0...

Comment

Originally posted by ReXgor View Post
      Perhaps it'll be released sequentially with Tron 2.0...
      Tron 2.0 already exists, it was a poorly made video game that was released in 2000 (I beleive). If you mean Tron Legacy, no way that would happen, they would only have 8ish months to complete it.

Comment

Here's hoping. I'd really love to see a Tron attraction in Tomorrowland. Not on the PM tracks, but taking over the Innoventions building's not a shabby idea..

Comment

If they could link innoventions to the people mover tack to make an indoor/outdoor ride that could be awesome. You could even have the line form on the bottom floor of innoventions and load/unload on the second floor
          FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

*fingers crossed*

Comment

That sound awesome, and I really hope it happens.
              How about replace Autopia with drivable light cycles

The problem with just "updating" Tomorrowland to apply to today's vision of tomorrow... is that it will need to be updated again in 5-10 years.
              It needs to be redone with not what tomorrow will physically look like, but the general feeling and aspirations tomorrow holds. Yes, obviously there will need to be "futuristic" rides... but it can't be just that.
              Am I making any sense?

Comment

A Tron ride in Innovention's space? Sounds like a nice idea.
                Just as long as I don't hear the words - Tron Light Cycles for Peoplemover track ... I won't freak out.
                MY SIGNATURE:
                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

That's funny
                  months before now I was thinking about a tron themed attraction in the Innoventions building, but it would just be the line (similar to ROcket Rods), but it would still have great theming. It would originally go on the peoplemover track, but now I think it sounds silly watching a tron light cycle in broad daylight in our dimension. Therefore, the tron lightcycle ride should be moved in the dark carousel building. For special effects, I think there should be neon grids everywhere, and laser effects to enhance the experience. Well, that's all I have for that for now.

For Magic Eye, I hope they aren't imagineering a 3d movie on pixar or a show dedicated to the young
                  If Captain EO stays popular, we all know it will stay.
                  This topic always hurts my head, because replacing something that people worked hard on to bring back, which is rare. This is just my honest opinion, but Captain EO should stay for the sake of the Michael Jackson fans and pre-98 Tomorrowland fan
                  Of course, many on Mice Chat want Alien Encounter, Astro Orbiter on top of PeopleMover station(repaint to bronze), a new version of the People Mover, and an electric Autopia that doesn't travel through tons of brush and jungle. The other two things that people on Mice Chat want gone from Tomorrowland is Nemo and Buzz, which also gicves me a headache, because they were just recently added, and Disney will use that as their excuse to keep it.

Comment

This would be neat if it happens....

Comment

I was at Imagineering the other day in Glendale, saw some really cool artwork for a Tron Lightcycle ride that would take over the old Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track. On one of the schematic drawings of the ride vehicle, the company name "Vacoma" was at the bottom next to WDI. Could this be the rumored Kuka Arm Tron Ride we all want? Well its good to know they have been thinking about it and hopefully we will see it in the parks in the coming years. Juts thought i'd share with you..

Comment

And then there was the Black Hole ride to fix Tomorrowland, which was abandoned when the film bombed at the box office.

And then there was the Atlantis ride to fix Tomorrowland, which was abandoned when the film bombed at the box office.

And then there was...

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed.
                          Tomorrowland is in definite need of some enhancements.
                          It's not so much the 'World of Tomorrow' anymore, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky28 View Post
                            I was at Imagineering the other day in Glendale, saw some really cool artwork for a Tron Lightcycle ride that would take over the old Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track. On one of the schematic drawings of the ride vehicle, the company name "Vacoma" was at the bottom next to WDI. Could this be the rumored Kuka Arm Tron Ride we all want? Well its good to know they have been thinking about it and hopefully we will see it in the parks in the coming years. Juts thought i'd share with you..
                            Your referring to "Vekoma" the manufacturers of the Motorbikes style coaster train that is rumored to get a Tron theme applied.

As far as a Kuka arm attraction that will never ever happen. Kuka originally had a small deal with Disney, but left Disney in the midst of constructing the Finding Nemo Subs attraction and switched over and signed a huge deal with Universal (hence the reason there's over 60+ kuka arms (large and small) on the new Potter Themed ride.

Originally posted by englishboy View Post
                            And then there was...
                            Here's to hoping Tron doesn't fail. But knowing Disney these days, even if it does fail it will still get an attraction.

Comment

Sorry for the spelling error, but I'm just telling you what i saw.
                              And why couldn't they make another deal with Vekoma to make a bigger and better attraction than the Wizarding World? I dont see how they cant make another deal..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X