This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Ropes!?!?!

There are currently workers setting up ropes (queue and walkway type ropes) in the WOC seating area. There is also a "suit" out here cleaning out planters, and maintenance people scrubbing down the nearby construction walls. There appears to be a camera set up that looks temporary. Sorry, I don't have a way to post a pic.

It might be nothing, but it sure feels interesting. It definitely feels like they are getting ready for something.

Re: Ropes!?!?!

You're correct. It looks like they might be doing something tonight.

Or they could be just setting up the barriers since the walls are down.

Anyones guess is as good as mine.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

They are rolling in Paradise Pier trashcans and the "suits" are multiplying.

Comment

Is it just me or does the viewing area look smaller than the F! viewing area?

Comment

Originally posted by Raindown View Post
          Good question. The new viewing area does hold roughly the same amount of people that the viewing area for F! can hold (9,000). So I would say it's around the same size.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
          The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
          Indy Ride Count: 2211
          World of Color Count: 74

Comment

The CM's are giving stock answers to people asking questions, but they are saying the debut will be in "spring sometime".

Comment

Originally posted by Raindown View Post
              It is. This one for WOC holds 9,000 people and I believe Fantasmic! holds 10,000. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

In theory.

Comment

The difference between the two audience areas is that WOC is standing room only.

Comment

Maybe it's a crowd control rehearsal? Do they do that sort of thing?

Comment

Originally posted by David1984 View Post
                      The difference between the two audience areas is that WOC is standing room only.
                      For the time being. This summer is going to be crazy full in for this show, so every foot, inch, and centimeter counts to get as many people as possible into that viewing area. Hopefully as time goes on they'll switch it up like they do for Fan!

Comment

Forget about the ropes, send pix! of the viewing area itself.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                          Maybe it's a crowd control rehearsal? Do they do that sort of thing?
                          It's a new area. They need to cut the ropes.

Comment

the ocregister article said they'd have barricades in place until next week to prevent guess access to the park.
                            - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

There are definitely barricades, but this is something else.

Who knows, it could be nothing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X