This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disneyland Rides you wouldn't mind seeing movie versions of

Well we know the rotten eggs that are Haunted Mansion and The Country Bears, but we also have the golden nugget POTC movie. With the upcoming rumored Tomorrowland movie, which other original DLR attractions would you not mind being made?

For me -
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - I always thought it'd be interesting character and setting wise and I'd like to see how the goat would get the dynamite in it's mouth.
    Space Mountain - I think it'd be cool to see a space epic with the Space Mountain structure floating in space!
    Matterhorn - Perhaps a PG-13, yeti creature feature movie about a team that goes looking for the lost Wells expedition crew and in the end, the survivors slide down the mountain on bobsleds? I'm sold.

Re: Disneyland Rides you wouldn't mind seeing movie versions of

i would like to see an art house film based on conversations on the PeopleMover. Kinda like Coffee and Cigarettes, except on the PM. Of course the PM would have to be reinstalled for the filming.
    my Disneyland and stuff photo album

my Disneyland and stuff photo album: 2

my Disneyland and stuff photo album: 3

Comment

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
      Well we know the rotten eggs that are Haunted Mansion and The Country Bears, but we also have the golden nugget POTC movie. With the upcoming rumored Tomorrowland movie, which other original DLR attractions would you not mind being made?

For me -
      Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - I always thought it'd be interesting character and setting wise and I'd like to see how the goat would get the dynamite in it's mouth.
      Space Mountain - I think it'd be cool to see a space epic with the Space Mountain structure floating in space!
      Matterhorn - Perhaps a PG-13, yeti creature feature movie about a team that goes looking for the lost Wells expedition crew and in the end, the survivors slide down the mountain on bobsleds? I'm sold.
      The Explorer Canoes. Perhaps the Main Street Omnibus. Or... a movie based on Innoventions (spinning building) would be interesting, too. How about the Astro Orbitor?!
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Or maybe a movie based on that drunk that set his cabin on fire on the Rivers of America. Nicolas Cage would be excellent as the alcoholic moon shiner who encounters pirates, indians, Tom and Huck and his inevitable demise.

Comment

I would want GRR, BTMRR, Space Mt, and something with the RoA tied in. Also don't forget that the have the ToT movie and Its rumored that they made Around the World in 80 Days based off of IASW (take that with a grain of salt) Its also rumored (maybe confirmed) that Johnny Depp is going to be in a new version of The Lone Ranger, hopefully they'll include some frontierland jokes in it
          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
          July 13th-18th
          November 19th-25th

Comment

Originally posted by ivankay View Post
            i would like to see an art house film based on conversations on the PeopleMover. Kinda like Coffee and Cigarettes, except on the PM. Of course the PM would have to be reinstalled for the filming.

Love your line of thinking, ivankay. While Disney is at it, they should reinstall the Skyway for an artsy narrative film that compares tourists that visit the attraction at Disneyland with those that ride actual transport trams located in ths Swiss Alps.

Comment

Originally posted by ivankay View Post
              Or maybe a movie based on that drunk that set his cabin on fire on the Rivers of America. Nicolas Cage would be excellent as the alcoholic moon shiner who encounters pirates, indians, Tom and Huck and his inevitable demise.
              Well, I can see how moonshiner Nick would get along great with a bunch of drunken pirates and indians... but the Rivers of America police would likely shoot him on the spot for selling alcohol to impressionable minors such as Tom and Huck.

Comment

I really want the ToT movie to be remade theatrically.
                Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                Think of it as a third arm that magically
                shoots bullets!

Comment

I love the Matterhorn idea. I would love a WAY better movie of Haunted Mansion

Comment

I think the Jungle Cruise has potential.
                    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E9Yyor7tFg]YouTube - Tim Babb's Kingdom Comedy: Yet MORE Ride Movies[/ame]
                      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7ZeeB36q4]YouTube - Tim Babb's Kingdom Comedy: More Ride Movies Coming Soon!!![/ame]
                      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBteOmNdP8]YouTube - Tim Babb's Kingdom Comedy: Ride Movies Coming Soon!!![/ame]

a preview of the possible movies

Comment

I think a Space Mountain movie could be really cool if handled correctly. Just...please, no sequels.

Comment

I think Space Mountain would be a fun movie. A group is stranded out in the deepest reaches of space, their oxygen and food are running low and their communication has been destroyed. Suddenly, they see an abandoned prison floating out in space, commonly referred to as "The Mountain" by inmates. They are forced to dock and must make their way to the bridge of the station so they can call for help. Unfortunately, once they enter the floating prison, the station slowly begins to come back online, and The Mountain was built to be staffless, so any living entities onboard will be treated as convicts who must be contained.

I also thought Jungle Cruise would make a great pulp adventure story. In India we have a Bogart-esque character working for a boat tour company. The company caters to rich tourists and consists of skippers taking their groups through the waterways of a self-contained jungle for a weekend excursion, telling corny jokes and having "adventure" occur with pre-planed gimicks in the jungle. All this changes however when a young millionare hires our surly skipper for a cruise and then asks to be taken further down the river. He has a map. A map to hidden treasures. Our captain originally refuses, but once he returns to port and finds a welcoming party of ruthless thugs he owes money to, he takes off with his passenger. Along the way they meet a couple stranded out in the jungle, sepperated from the cast and crew of a movie they were staring in. What begins is a race to the temple with thugs and police right behind.
                          Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Jungle Cruise would work great! There was a rumor of it:

From UltimateDisney.com:

Jungle Cruise - On the heels of big screen adventures Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion comes this latest film inspired by a Disneyland attraction. Described as a family version of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, this comedy/adventure will follow a group which travels upriver to find a cure. Originally said to have a screenplay written by Josh Goldstein and John Norville (Tin Cup), this Disney/Mandeville production is now reportedly going forth with a script commissioned of Al Gough and Miles Millar, the executive producers of TV's "Smallville". The only plot specific released is that the film will be set sometime in the 20th century. Originally slated to start shooting early in 2006, this has since been delayed again and again, with even 2010 release looking unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                              Well, I can see how moonshiner Nick would get along great with a bunch of drunken pirates and indians... but the Rivers of America police would likely shoot him on the spot for selling alcohol to impressionable minors such as Tom and Huck.
                              You just added the required chase sequence. i smell a hit!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X