Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Other non-Disney movie properties you'd like to see in the parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Other non-Disney movie properties you'd like to see in the parks?

With Star Tours and Indiana Jones both in the parks and non-Disney films, what other film properties do you think could fit within the Disney-esque environment? If you would've asked me before the Indy ride, I would've said it wouldn't make a good fit in Disneyland with Disney Imagineering, I was obviously proven wrong as it is now my favorite ride within Adventureland.

- I would have chosen Harry Potter but obviously Universal has taken that over.
    - Then I would've said ET, but obviously once again, that's Universal. It would've rocked in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.
    - My next best choice would have to be the Lord of the Rings. It's possibly the most thematic film ever and could see it working. It may come to some dismay but in awesome Hobbit dark-adventure-ride of some sort could be amazing.
    - Don't know how it would work but I love The Princess Bride movie. Watching it felt so Disney as well. I think they could make that interesting live show in the Hyperion.

Re: Other non-Disney movie properties you'd like to see in the parks?

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
    With Star Tours and Indiana Jones both in the parks and non-Disney films, what other film properties do you think could fit within the Disney-esque environment? If you would've asked me before the Indy ride, I would've said it wouldn't make a good fit in Disneyland with Disney Imagineering, I was obviously proven wrong as it is now my favorite ride within Adventureland.

- Then I would've said ET, but obviously once again, that's Universal. It would've rocked in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.
    - My next best choice would have to be the Lord of the Rings. It's possibly the most thematic film ever and could see it working. It may come to some dismay but in awesome Hobbit dark-adventure-ride of some sort could be amazing.
    - Don't know how it would work but I love The Princess Bride movie. Watching it felt so Disney as well. I think they could make that interesting live show in the Hyperion.
    I would like to see any of these... especially the Princess Bride. :lol: Ahh, to see AAs of Inigo Montoya and Fezzick the Giant.

Hmm... well, if I could add anything to this list, I'd like to see what Disney could do with the world of Sherlock Holmes. Since Disney has made lands and attractions dedicated to the literary works of Mark Twain and Jules Verne, I think it's safe to say that Arthur Conan Doyle created worlds that were equally rich and captivating. I would love to see a London street, shrouded in artificial fog, with a Sherlock Holmes whodunnit mystery attraction.

But if you're looking for something more modern... the only thing I could think of would be Jurassic Park, but of course Universal got that one too. It's tough to think of franchises that both have fascinating worlds that could be explored (because really, isn't that what it's all about?), and that also fit the "Disney image". Apparently Universal snapped up every such franchise that Disney hadn't.

Comment

I'd like to see Disney do an Expy of the Jurassic Park plot as the plot of a future ride.
      As for actual films that could have the original property's rights obtained, I've always wanted to see a flume ride based on the original ending version of Little Shop of Horrors (1986).
      The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

Comment

I thought Disney would have grabbed the rights to Avatar since it was such a big hit, but I guess they're not interested. Maybe it's too similar to Pocahontas.

Comment

Aardman Entertainment - Wallace & Grommit, Shaun the Sheep, "Flushed", etc.

Might be a tad... "edgy" for the toddler set, but certainly a lot better than trying to shoehorn the Marvel Universe into Fantasyland.

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Sherlock Holmes is a great idea. I think the London theme could be used if Toon Town ever gets a make over. And then they could maybe add a new Peter Pan attraction as well. Little Shop of Horrors would be interesting, being swallowed by a plant.
            What about Neverending Story?
            AWWWW, you're right, Wallace and Gromit would be amaaaazing. But I think Universal has the property of that as well since the movie and Flushed were both Dreamworks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
              Aardman Entertainment - Wallace & Grommit, Shaun the Sheep, "Flushed", etc.
              I agree with this
              Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

An Avatar attraction ride would be great! I don't think Disney would be interested in adding Avatar to their park though. They'd rather have TRON. I REALLY wish they had gotten the rights to Harry Potter. That is the BEST book series ever and would make TONS of money for the WDC.

Comment

When are we going to see the results of the Marvel acquisition in the Disney parks? Having Spidey and the Hulk along side other Disney heroes, like Aladdin, Hercules, and Tarzan would probably thrill young boys. Think of it as a testosterone injected Princess Fantasy Faire.

Comment

I have a sinking feeling that when they finally build the third park in Anaheim, the three parks will become Disneyland, PixarLand and MarvelLand, effectively, though not in name.

Comment

Originally posted by dth316 View Post

The only one out of these that I could see fitting in is The Princess Bride.

I am really glad Harry Potter was picked up by Universal because it is worthy of its own land and the only thing I don't like about it is the location. Personally I think it should have been its own park, but I am a die-hard fan.

Comment

Nintendo. Seeing as it's basically the Disney of videogaming, it's a great fit.
                        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                        sigpic
                        Flickr

Comment

b
                          Last edited by Incrediboy; 05-01-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Doctor Who!
                            Torchwood!

*looks around, feels a bit geeky, leaves*
                            Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                            I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                              Doctor Who!
                              Torchwood!

*looks around, feels a bit geeky, leaves*
                              I'll make ya feel better because I got thinking and I want a Lost Island and possibly a Heroes ride of some sort. In DCA of course.
                              I would kill to be chased by a smoke monster and giant polar bear though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X