This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Where in the park is this?

When we visited in 2005 we went into this art gallery, and unfortunately on our last trip I couldn't remember where it was or maybe it's not there anymore? Can anyone tell me, is this place still in the park and if so where it is? Sorry, these are the only photos I have, I don't know if its any use in helping figure it out.

Yaye!

Re: Where in the park is this?

This looks like the Disney Gallery that use to be above the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. The gallery has been removed and and was replaced with the Disneyland Dream Suite for the Year of a Million Dreams. Recently they opened the gallery back up in a different part of the park. The current location is in the Bank on Main Street.

Hope this helps,
    ~smalld

Comment

yes, it's the old Disney Gallery.
      I miss the old Disney Gallery location.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Oh I though you where talking about the Statues of Snow White & The Queen. I had always wanted to get the Cinderella and Ariel one they had out a few years ago. But sad thing is I have no room to put them.
        To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

It's in a bank? LOL

Yeah, all I remember is going up these beautiful stairs and into this gorgeous gallery. I wish they would reopen it there. Thanks for letting me know it's still around, even though they moved it! That's probably why I didn't find it last time!

Does anyone have any photos of it in the newer location? Thanks!
          Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
            It's in a bank? LOL

Yeah, all I remember is going up these beautiful stairs and into this gorgeous gallery. I wish they would reopen it there. Thanks for letting me know it's still around, even though they moved it! That's probably why I didn't find it last time!

Does anyone have any photos of it in the newer location? Thanks!
            In one of the around the park issues they took pictures.
            There were also multiple threads that had photo's.

I haven't seen the new location, but having it up above POTC was the most beautiful area.

EDIT: Here is a link to one of the updates. Tons of pics
            http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/wee...adventure.html
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Thanks for the link, yeah I don't like that location very much. Maybe it will be nicer in person, but the old gallery was perfect!
              Yaye!

Comment

Yes, I miss the original Disney Gallery location, too. There is so much charm in that old location, from the separate rooms, to the interior courtyard, to the balcony that overlooks the Rivers of America.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  Yes, I miss the original Disney Gallery location, too. There is so much charm in that old location, from the separate rooms, to the interior courtyard, to the balcony that overlooks the Rivers of America.

It's such a shame that they took a beautiful area and closed it off so only a select group of people can enjoy it.
                  Even more sad that it was done for a promotion.
                  I know ppl have loved going into the Dream Suite and it was a wonderful experience for them. I still don't agree why it was done though.
                  Quote by Al:
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

I'm glad they move the Gallery to where it is now. The reason why I like it where it is. Is now I can see it more often where it is now then the old place without getting dizzy from beening up that high.
                    To my respect from a Dodger fan.

Comment

Originally posted by phi1215 View Post
                      It's in a bank? LOL
                      Actually, it is a great location and looks really amazing.

Not as great as the old location, and it misses a lot of the quiet and reflection, but the new location looks very little like a bank (only the vault and one teller area remain)
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I too love the new location. However, I do miss climbing the steps to the second floor of NoS.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                          Actually, it is a great location and looks really amazing.

Not as great as the old location, and it misses a lot of the quiet and reflection, but the new location looks very little like a bank (only the vault and one teller area remain)

So it's just a so-so location.

The gallery used to be a destination for me and a lot of it was the location. There was so much more to it than the great art. There was history, there were views, and it was definitely away from the crowds. And there was that wonderful courtyard if you wanted to sit a spell.

Now the gallery is something I pass by and never feel like stepping into.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

The Gallery which used to house one of a kind items to linger over for hours on end has been replaced with a series of mass produced prints and cheap trinkets available elsewhere in the park for sale at ridiculous prices. I miss the old gallery also.
                            First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                            First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                            BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X