Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours


    Dear Fellow Mice Chatters,

    Im sure many of you have noticed that Disneyanna began closing its doors at the same time when attractions would close about 8 months ago. Before that, It would remain open for the full extended shopping hours like the Emporium. But recently they've remained open late with the rest of the shops. This appears to be some kind of trial run. Cause up until last Sunday, it was still considered temporary. The higher ups are thinking about changing Disneyanna hours back to its original schedule but are still not sure. I sure would like it to return to its original hours. That is one of the best stores to peruse after the park closes. Even the CM's who work there are fighting to keep the store open. So I propose for us to help make this happen. What I suggest is if you plan on making a purchase in the store during your visit and you plan on staying in the park till closing, to hold off from making your final purchase until after the attractions have closed. So that the sales numbers increase and look better on paper in hopes in showing that leaving the shop open late looks like a good idea. Cause that's precisely what they are looking at. Sales during that hour. You can still shop around during the day or what not, but just hold off on making that final purchase till you leave, that is if you plan on staying until the majority of the park has closed. It could make the difference and it would be great to have Disneyanna open again once its time to head to Main Street for shopping and treats.

    Now is the time to make a difference, because when the trial run is over, there will not be another chance to hold off on your purchase till after the rides have closed. They will possible return back to the schedule of closing with the attractions and then we won't be able to make a difference with our wallets. Just be sure when you do this, to walk inside Disneyanna and ask a CM if they plan on staying open late so that you can rest assured they are will be open when you leave

    If anyone else has any other suggestions, please share them.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by orbitalpunk; 04-24-2010, 05:26 PM.

    Micenation

  • #2
    Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

    If they don't sell much in the extended hours, TDA is probably looking to save the operating costs from the store in the budget and allocate it elsewhere. The Cast from the Disneyana Store can close this store and move down to the Emporium and help sell more plush toys, hoodies, and Mickey treats. Cause when it comes right down to it, TDA sees selling one hundred glow-in-the-dark robots at $25 bucks a piece to 100 guests in that extra hour, is far more preferable than selling one painting to a single guest.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

      Thanks for bringing this to our notice Orbitalpunk! Great idea on how we can help this store!

      It has been EXTREMELY annoying to have the best shop on Main Street closed, when ALL the other stores are still open. Definitely a Decline in Disney standards. It's just another example of how the incompentent accountaneers "just don't get it"! And no doubt their excuse has to do with the FAUX Disney Gallery in the bank.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

        Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
        ...TDA is probably looking to save the operating costs from the store in the budget and allocate it elsewhere add it to their profits.
        Fixed.

        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

        - Neil Gabler

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

          I love Disneyana. Keep it open as late as possible.
          As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

          RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

          Space Mountain




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

            Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
            It has been EXTREMELY annoying to have the best shop on Main Street closed, when ALL the other stores are still open. Definitely a Decline in Disney standards. It's just another example of how the incompentent accountaneers "just don't get it"! And no doubt their excuse has to do with the FAUX Disney Gallery in the bank.
            Originally posted by junglecskipper View Post
            I love Disneyana. Keep it open as late as possible.
            I couldn't agree with you guys more.

            Micenation

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

              Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              Thanks for bringing this to our notice Orbitalpunk! Great idea on how we can help this store!

              It has been EXTREMELY annoying to have the best shop on Main Street closed, when ALL the other stores are still open. Definitely a Decline in Disney standards. It's just another example of how the incompentent accountaneers "just don't get it"! And no doubt their excuse has to do with the FAUX Disney Gallery in the bank.
              agreed.
              One of the best stores.
              Love that shop!
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                hey orbitalpunk just wondering do u like orbital and daft punk im just going by your username that all

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                  Originally posted by JohnnyThePirate View Post
                  hey orbitalpunk just wondering do u like orbital and daft punk im just going by your username that all
                  Not exactly, its related to the music I like and write. A cross between punk rock and ambient. Think Refused/Guttermouth/MxPx mixed with Aphex Twin/Radiohead.

                  Micenation

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                    I feel bad for never hearing of or even seeing this store. I guess my eyes are entranced by the bright lights across the street. I definitely need to take in Main Street a bit more next time instead of pass through it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                      Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                      A cross between punk rock and ambient. Think Refused/Guttermouth/MxPx mixed with Aphex Twin/Radiohead.
                      Took me a second to put together what that would sound like. My first mental vision was of Lawrence Welk or Mitch Miller doing cover versions of songs by Pantera or the Sex Pistols. :lol:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                        Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                        Not exactly, its related to the music I like and write. A cross between punk rock and ambient. Think Refused/Guttermouth/MxPx mixed with Aphex Twin/Radiohead.

                        interesting any samples im a big aphex twin and radiohead fan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                          Went today and actually looked for this store and didn't see it. I feel blind :-/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A Call To Action : Help Restore Disneyanna's ORIGINAL Hours

                            As you enter the park, It will be on right side of Main Street.




                            Micenation

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X