Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The DLR Best Scene Tournament - Part 2: Indiana Jones Adventure

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] The DLR Best Scene Tournament - Part 2: Indiana Jones Adventure

The DLR Best Scene Tournament is to find out which attraction within all of DLR has the absolute best scene. How it'll work is there will be a list of all or most of the scenes within the given attraction which one could vote for. After 2 days, the poll will close and a winner will be announced and the winning scene will compete with the other winning scenes for a finale battle for DLR'S ABSOLUTE BEST SCENE. To be fair, you must vote for the scene's present state and not judge it on it's previous merits. Not all rides will be put into the tournament, as the process would take too long. Only the rides with the most theatrical presentation will be included; motion simulators, 3D attractions, interactive/control rides, shows, parades, walkthrough attractions and roller coasters will be exempt. The following rides will be incorporated: Indiana Jones Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, all Fantasyland dark rides (which will compete in one single thread), Winnie the Pooh & Monsters Inc..

For the second thread, we will continue onward with a more new but already an E-Ticket classic, the Indiana Jones Adventure. It is also known by it's full name Indiana Jones & The Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Based upon the first 3 Indiana Jones films directed by Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford in the leading role, the Indiana Jones Adventure is said by some to be the most breathtaking adventure of all time. With the mix of dark ride and thrill attraction, it has won over the hearts of the world of theme park enthusiasts and filmmakers alike for it's close attention to detail and it's massive size that puts guests right in the middle of the movies. The attraction goes beyond just within the queue, entering the temple that some would say is just as entertaining as any ride in the park itself. Venturing through caves, spike rooms and expedition sites, the Indiana Jones Adventure's queue is an adventure in itself with interactive bits and a pre-show safety video feautring one of the film's stars. Once reaching the middle of the temple, guests board a tourist jeep where they will be transported into the pits of doom starring their hero via one of the most impressive audio-animatronics in the whole park, Indiana Jones. The ride is accompanied by the John Williams score that has made the movies famous and really immerses guests into the action.

Chamber of Destiny & Hall of Promise
    Tunnel of Torment & Gates of Doom
    Cavern of Bubbling Death view, spinning into The Mummy Tomb & Bug Room
    Rope Bridge
    Snake Temple
    Skull Room & Rat Cave
    Dart Corridor
    Rolling Boulder
    Finale Drop/Indy with Crushed Boulder

Since many of the scenes coincide with eachother, they were pit together as a continuous sequence in a single scene. The option has been given to vote for multiple scenes but please only vote for at the most TWO scenes. I understand choosing just one is difficult.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjA7Hdokv5c&feature=related]YouTube - Indiana Jones Adventure (HD Complete Experience) Disneyland California[/ame]
    Chamber of Destiny & Hall of Promise
    5.13%
    Tunnel of Torment & Gates of Doom
    1.28%
    Cavern of Bubbling Death view, spinning into The Mummy Tomb & Bug Room
    17.95%
    Rope Bridge
    28.21%
    Snake Temple
    3.85%
    Skull Room & Rat Cave
    3.85%
    Dart Corridor
    3.85%
    Rolling Boulder
    34.62%
    Finale Drop/Indy with Crushed Boulder
    1.28%

The poll is expired.

Re: The DLR Best Scene Tournament - Part 2: Indiana Jones Adventure

Rolling Boulder Room, it revolutionized dark ride effects.

Comment

I like the rope bridge. It seems very real.
      Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

ROPE BRIDGE!!!!! LOOK TO YOUR LEFT: SOMEONE'S SHOOT LASERS AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!; LOOK DOWN BELOW: HOPEFULLY THE ROPE DOESN'T MELT FROM THE HEAT!!!!!!; LOOK UP AHEAD: YOU'RE ABOUT TO CRASH INTO ANOTHER CAR (This effect rarely works, but when done right, I love it).
        Also I am aware:
        "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

You forgot LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT, FLAME ERUPTING!

Comment

I voted boulder. One of the best effects ever. But I'd like to vote for the Rat Room as the worst scene, and the Skull Room as one of the best (because you get to see something you don't see every day...the backside of Mara! Well, the backside of Mara's giant stone face ).
            "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
            Disney sequel):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
            Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

I can't believe the Rope Bridge is winning. That is one of the most anti-climatic parts of that ride. It's the Chamber of Destiny!!! That used technology never before seen in a theme park to make it look like you were going a different rout every time, it sets the whole coarse of events after that.

Comment

The wide/cinematic view (even though it shows clearly its mostly just a big room, less sense of scale than desirable), and the shrieking corpse cave for the win.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I picked "bubbling death, skull lair and bug room" because of the transitions.
                  Quick question though. You had the queue areas as choices for HM but none here?

Comment

I picked the boulder seen, because its amazingly done and the first time you go on it, it feels pretty real! So I go with the Big Boulder =D
                    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
                    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt! :gladsad:

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Comment

"Cavern of Bubbling Death View"

turning that corner and seeing that giant skull and (if you're lucky) fire balls with the "you're gonna die now" Indy music...ahhh...feels like you've just arrived in hell o_O
                      This chamber has no windows and no doors!!!! ....better take the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
                        "Cavern of Bubbling Death View"

turning that corner and seeing that giant skull and (if you're lucky) fire balls with the "you're gonna die now" Indy music...ahhh...feels like you've just arrived in hell o_O
                        i agree. i also love that jolt down that small hill and to your right is a bubbling pool of liquid magma.

Comment

Either Rolling Boulder or Chamber of Destiny for me.
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I voted boulder. Few dark ride effects still make me feel endangered after 100's of rides on it.

http://www.elementridr.blogspot.com

Oh, Mother War!
                            Sleep in your arms tonight, I'm burning
                            I'm burning for your love
                            This juggernaut of bronze and alcohol
                            Machines of vengeance now are born

-Black Dahlia Murder

Comment

Cavern of Bubbling Death. I mean this should win on name alone. To me it's a clear choice between this and the rolling boulder. The boulder has the one of a kind and ride revolutionizing factors but overall that first scene when you see the cavern of bubbling death with the epic music cleverly accompanying still gets me to this day. The open space made me completely forget I was on a ride the first time I rode this attraction. I was in an Indiana Jones movie and that's an experience I can't get anywhere else. Thank you Disneyland.
                              In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X