Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track layout for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure attraction?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Track layout for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure attraction?

I want to follow the construction ofThe Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure attraction and would like to know if anyone has a track layout or proposed track layout for the ride?

Re: Track layout for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure attraction?

I doubt it. Track layouts doing just appear out of anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
      I doubt it. Track layouts doing just appear out of anywhere.
      I think what he means to say is that this isn't the kind of thing Imagineering releases to the public.
      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

im also curious cause the space allowed seems like the ride is going to be real short

Comment

That will give you a good idea of the track layout. You can even fit it to the current steel construction. Also, when viewing the construction photos, look for the rectangular cutouts in the floor - those are for the omni-mover motors, I believe. Just follow those along.

Last edited by Mojave; 04-24-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I hope it's not short as in a 3 minute ride. Not that 3 minute rides are bad, but with all the hype over this attraction, I truly hope it is a longer E ticket attraction.
            Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

I suspect it'll clock in around 5 minutes.

Comment

^ Yeah, I was just going to say 5-6 minutes, tops. But I do think it's something I'll want to ride over and over so I can see all the effects.

Comment

I thought that I read where Al said they were going to go through all the songs in the movie... they must just blast through them and do some kind of rapid-fire succession because that building is just too small for a true E-ticket ride of 8 minutes or more. Although, if they slow it down to almost a crawling speed, which is possible with the level of detail it sounds like they're going for, it might just be possible to stretch it out for 8 minutes.

Something tells me that it's going to be a lot like the Nemo subs or Monsters Inc., where it sounds like it's going to be the next major thing, and it turns out to be nice but not spectacular.

Comment

Where are they putting the loop? :mob:

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                      dangit, I wanted to do it this time.
                      Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon View Post
                        I thought that I read where Al said they were going to go through all the songs in the movie... they must just blast through them and do some kind of rapid-fire succession because that building is just too small for a true E-ticket ride of 8 minutes or more. Although, if they slow it down to almost a crawling speed, which is possible with the level of detail it sounds like they're going for, it might just be possible to stretch it out for 8 minutes.

Something tells me that it's going to be a lot like the Nemo subs or Monsters Inc., where it sounds like it's going to be the next major thing, and it turns out to be nice but not spectacular.
                        I also think this is going to be more of a "D" ticket attraction, as most of the figure/aa's are going to be on a smaller scale than HM or PoC.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                          Not just the loop... where are you going to put on your 3D glasses in the ride? And when do you get to shoot fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                            Not just the loop... where are you going to put on your 3D glasses in the ride? And when do you get to shoot fish?
                            You probably put them on before you get squirt with water, pass through a veil of bubbles, and get blasted by air.

Comment

The way that model seems set up .... I would take a gander ... that there are 7 scenes?

You know .... the Haunted Mansion omnimover layout does not seem much smaller or larger. They seem about the same ... given the scale of the omnimovers ... But of course .. I'm just taking a guess.

Of DL's omnimovers -
                              H.M - comes in about 6 minutes.
                              ATIS - also clocked in about 6 minutes as well.
                              Buzz - runs about 5 .. or a "hair" less.

I could be wrong .... but I'm going to guess this will be around 6 minutes. (But for me - Who loves long dark rides) .... the longer the happier I'll be.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X