This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Grand California Hotel Park Entrance

Hi! What a great website. My family and I are planning on staying at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel and was wondering if we are allowed to use the private entrance into California Park through Grand California or is that only for Grand California Hotel guests?

Re: Grand California Hotel Park Entrance

Yep, you'll be able to use that entrance. It's open to everyone. Kind of a nice shortcut from Downtown Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by grapes View Post
      Yep, you'll be able to use that entrance. It's open to everyone. Kind of a nice shortcut from Downtown Disney.
      I thought it was open to hotel guests only, but if you entered through the main entrance you were allowed to do re-entry there (so even APs have to get a hand stamp there).

Comment

We stopped by Storytellers Cafe last Friday to grab a bite and we came back in through the GCH gate. They didn't ask for a key card or anything, they just checked our bags, scanned the APs, and off we went.

Comment

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
          I thought it was open to hotel guests only, but if you entered through the main entrance you were allowed to do re-entry there (so even APs have to get a hand stamp there).
          I don't remember if that is the way it is listed, but, I have yet to have CM ask me for a hotel room key to prove I at the GC when I hand over my AP.
          My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

We recently stayed at the PP and used the DGC entrance on numerous occassions and were not asked to show room keys for DGC. Just park tickets and that was it...you should be fine
            Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come:thumbup:

Comment

I was turned away once...the only time I tried without scanning at the main gates forts, but after on entry was made at the main gates I never had an issue.

Comment

The sign says guests of any resort hotel so I guess anyone staying at PP, DGC, or DLH is fine.

Comment

The only time CMs will ask for room keys is when DCA open its gates. I've seen a lot of guests get turned away for not having a room key from either DLH, GCH, or PP.

Comment

We have stayed at GCH several times and have never noticed that anyone gets asked for proof that they are staying in a resort hotel. I have a friend who always stays offsite and he always uses the GCH entrance as there is not a wait. He has never had a problem with it. Regardless of what entrance you end up using...just enjoy being at the DLR!

Comment

We've always stayed at the PP and have been able to use the GC entrance. They just check you through just like at the front gate, no big thing.
                      Yaye!

Comment

Yes, in general, they only askfor room keys in the morning. But you can be staying at any of the 3 htoelsand are good to go with you key
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Kind've makes the "Exclusive Entrance to DCA" sell on the GCH resort site seem like a ripoff doesn't it?

Comment

^I don't know... while it may not be "exclusive", it certainly is a much easier entrance if you're staying at the hotels. For the typical drive in park guest, it's out of the way, and the main entrance is better, so that severely limits the number of people using the hotel entrance... thus, "exclusive".
                            Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                              Yes, in general, they only askfor room keys in the morning. But you can be staying at any of the 3 htoelsand are good to go with you key
                              This is my understanding. I think the cut off time is something like 11:00 AM. After that point, they'll allow annual passes, etc. This is usually how I go in when I arrive in the late afternoon or evening.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X