No announcement yet.

The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the soundtrack was from a CD and not a live recording, it would be pretty hard to do. And once you get on the Doombuggy, you go faster than the soundtrack itself. Plus some of the dialogue on both versions of the Haunted Mansion have been omitted.

Comment

• Many moons ago I posted that I found an old 8mm video 1992. I have another post where I have been uploading portions from that video, but I am uploading the link to the 1992 Mansion here as well. I'll apologize up front for the quality, early 90s cameras cannot compare to today's electronics. But enjoy it for what it is. It isn't the entire ride but it's still fun. I wish it could be brighter.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
        Many moons ago I posted that I found an old 8mm video 1992. I have another post where I have been uploading portions from that video, but I am uploading the link to the 1992 Mansion here as well. I'll apologize up front for the quality, early 90s cameras cannot compare to today's electronics. But enjoy it for what it is. It isn't the entire ride but it's still fun. I wish it could be brighter.
        Great! Always good to get historic footage. Thanks!
        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• Miss the old attic, with the pop-up ghosts and no constance and a creepy bride (like the bride with veil better than the 1992 version). That attic, with today's Hattie would be great.

Comment

• Interesting to note how early you can hear the blast-up screams. You can hear them even as you enter the ballroom.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
              Interesting to note how early you can hear the blast-up screams. You can hear them even as you enter the ballroom.
              In Florida, you could hear the attic pop-ups even before leaving Seance Circle!
              temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• I like the Mummy and Deaf Old Man, the way the mummy sings is awesome and how the old man is trying to hear even the Graveyard is really loud makes the gag even more funny if you know and understand the gag.

No matter how loud the Mummy sings through his recently opened bandages from his mouth and the Old Man trying to listen to his singing and the other ghosts' singing of the song on the Graveyard, he cannot hear them clearly even if it is loud. He wants the song to be louder!

Yes, these two are my most favorite characters for the grand finale of the attraction. The Hatbox Ghost can come second!

What are your most favorite characters in the Haunted Mansion?

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                Save
                Sav

Comment

• The mummy in the Graveyard has always been my favorite, but the Ghost Host would have to come in second.

Comment

• Madame Leota has always been my favorite character.
                    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• Raven(s) and the graveyard pop-ups.

Comment

• I always liked Madame Leota, her scene always amazed me as a kid.

Comment

• Mine? The unseen graveyard bassist. Sick licks! You can never forget it's a party when he's around!
                          "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

• Blast-up ghoul in the graveyard

Honorable mentions: the "Death" specter painted on a sheet being blown by a fan in the graveyard and the faceless spirits flying through the ballroom window.

Comment

• I don't know why but I always look for the dueling portraits.

Comment

• Welp, I am going to visit Disneyland only and not DCA this August 7 or 14. I'm going to ride the Haunted Mansion over and over again before it closes for the Holiday overlay. Who's coming to Disneyland this August?

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                Save
                                Sav

Comment

• I do it over and over again every Sunday night, although I haven't been able to get back there in the last couple weeks. The clock is ticking.

Comment

• The Ghost Host has been my number one favorite character in the Haunted Mansion. It proves how talented and skilled Paul Frees was. I like the Marble Busts, the Hitchhiking Ghosts, and the new Hatbox Ghost.

Comment

• Doombuggies people talked to Guillermo del Toro at a signing for his Bleak House exhibition. He's finished his fourth draft of the Haunted Mansion, which he considers the best one, is again hoping to be able to direct it himself, and now it's a matter of Disney giving him the go-ahead.

Also, exhibit itself has an original Marc Davis Medusa painting in it.
                                      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                      sigpic
                                      Flickr

Comment

• Happy 47th birthday to the best amusement park ride ever built, Disneyland's Haunted Mansion!

Comment

• Happy 47th anniversary to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, the "flagship" of all Disney Haunted Mansions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X