Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there always been a Raven in the Ballroom?

Comment

• As far as we know, yes. It has sometimes been overlooked when people have counted them and described them, leading to doubts about whether it's always been there, but currently I know of no evidence that it was ever removed.
      "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• You can't hear the raven cawing in the ballroom, right? Maybe that has something to do with the varying accounts, since the others have a voice to get your attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim Grinnin Ghost View Post
          You can't hear the raven cawing in the ballroom, right? Maybe that has something to do with the varying accounts, since the others have a voice to get your attention.
          The only raven that caws is the one on the tree above the descent to the Graveyard.

Comment

• The raven in the ballroom is the only one to remain during HMH as well... I believe they stuck a tiny Santa hat on it last year.
            "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

• Originally posted by HM999 View Post

The only raven that caws is the one on the tree above the descent to the Graveyard.
              What about the one perched by the coffin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim Grinnin Ghost View Post

What about the one perched by the coffin?
                He is silent.
                temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post

He is silent.
                  Aw, darn. I guess I heard some of the hallway screams incorrectly.

Comment

• New post at the blog.

Comment

• The Berm graveyard has been growing in some more, funnily enough the Julia shrub grave is almost impossible to read. The weird birdhouse is ugly too and I wish they'd replace it with something more fitting.

Comment

• On WDWmagic someone is claiming that the wedding portraits in the WDW Attic no longer have the disappearing heads. The pictures now just fade out entirely. The poster blames it on PC culture but I am very skeptical and think it might just be the effect isn't working so take it with a huge grain of salt.
                        http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/m...ansion.926031/

Comment

• Originally posted by HMF View Post
                          On WDWmagic someone is claiming that the wedding portraits in the WDW Attic no longer have the disappearing heads. The pictures now just fade out entirely. The poster blames it on PC culture but I am very skeptical and think it might just be the effect isn't working so take it with a huge grain of salt.
                          http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/m...ansion.926031/
                          On even the best of days, WDW's version of the effect only kinda works. Last time I rode Mansion was in August 2016, and it seemed to be in the process of being worked on... so they're probably just fussing around with it.

In other news I stubbed my toe on my way into the kitchen and dropped my water glass. I blame political correctness!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxxFur View Post

In other news I stubbed my toe on my way into the kitchen and dropped my water glass. I blame political correctness!!!
                            Lol!

Click image for larger version

Name:	83074108.gif
Views:	4
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	8503794

Comment

• Why would anyone think that neat and clean beheadeds in the HM are controversial when there's a decapitated Knight in the graveyard? and arguably the most popular ghost in the ride is the HBG?

Comment

• Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
                                Why would anyone think that neat and clean beheadeds in the HM are controversial when there's a decapitated Knight in the graveyard? and arguably the most popular ghost in the ride is the HBG?
                                Again, I don't buy the credibility of the poster,and Hattie still has not come to Florida.

Comment

• Happy 25th birthday to Phantom Manor!

Comment

• Originally posted by HMF View Post

Again, I don't buy the credibility of the poster,and Hattie still has not come to Florida.
                                    Yeah, but I doubt it's because the Orlando team is squirming in their chairs, going, "Ooooh, too gross for our clientele!" I have to think they're considering putting an HBG in WDW. After all, they were planning to put him there originally too. The fact that he never actually made it is a detail of history known only to Mansion geeks.

Comment

Yeah, but I doubt it's because the Orlando team is squirming in their chairs, going, "Ooooh, too gross for our clientele!" I have to think they're considering putting an HBG in WDW. After all, they were planning to put him there originally too. The fact that he never actually made it is a detail of history known only to Mansion geeks.
                                      The molds are there, and WDW has the space. I think it's only a matter of time.

Now if only we can get that staircase room in Disneyland...

Comment

I have no doubt it will happen eventually. Most likely for/by WDW,s 50th Anniversary in 2021 and hopefully get rid of PLQ and CG Hitchhikers though I have my doubts on the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                          Now if only we can get that staircase room in Disneyland...
                                          And where do you propose they put it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X