The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post

The playback speed is slower at WDW on those two tracks. The same foyer organ recording is used in all three Mansions. The music room piano is also the same as the one in Tokyo, but they corrected the playback speed there.
    Ah okay. Well, I hope they leave it that way. Another difference I’ve noticed from watching videos of the Tokyo mansion is that the load area music continues until the conservatory. I think that the slightly slowed organ track sounds a little more ominous during the portrait hall and library scenes, but that may just be because I distinctly remember riding through the WDW portrait hall with the sinister 11 staring at me with glowing red eyes and the organ track in the background when I was 6 or 7 years old. I’m still upset about the relocation of the sinister 11 for that reason.

Comment

• Interesting tweet on the Tokyo Haunted Mansion from Marc Sasaki's #TDRHistory posts. The Tokyo Haunted Mansion's main reason for being in Fantasyland was that it was kicked out of Westernland so they could have the space to build Big Thunder Mountain as a Phase 2 project.

https://twitter.com/MarcSasaki/statu...02835230244864
      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
      sigpic
      Flickr

Comment

• The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations, and are beginning to materialize...

They're assembling for a..."swinging" wake...and they'll be expecting ME...

I'll see you ALL...a little laterrr...

Click image for larger version  Name:	51591263_632752610520423_1164825642122870784_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	8579388Click image for larger version  Name:	51763906_632752677187083_2893312484251271168_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	8579389

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 4.59.37 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	283.7 KB ID:	8579390

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_45977.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	8579391

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_45978.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	8579394

Last edited by HMPOTCPurist; 02-14-2019, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• BTW only one pop-up ghost in the graveyard was working. Just One Ghost...

The opera singers were still missing. I suppose that's because It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Sings...

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxxFur View Post

It's definitely going to look weird for a bit until WDI is able to go in and balance everything, but once they're done, it should look exactly the same. The WDW stretch room has been LED since it was redone in 2007, and it looks fine - honestly, probably better than the florescent tubes ever did. I believe the Ballroom has also been mostly LED since then too. MK Pirates has been LED-only for several years now and you'd never know.

Last I heard, and honestly I'm very out of the loop on this, WDI has still not been pleased with the way that LEDs look when they are run through a flicker circuit, so much of the practical lights in the Mansion should remain incandescent for now. I'm not sure if this has changed recently, but they would definitely need to bring the show down if they were planning on switching all of those flickering lights over to LEDs, which is why they're messing about with the general fill lights instead.
            The Ballroom went LED only in the last couple years, ever since about 2016 or so the whole ride has been in a gradual transition of being upgraded to all LEDs... The exterior lighting was the first they did right before that year's MNSSHP IIRC. You are correct about the "flicker circuit theory," which is why stuff like the Caretaker's lantern and hallway light fixtures remain incandescent.

The Attic portraits are still the same as they were, no new upgrades there. And Little Leota has also always been a standard definition digital video projection, even though she did get a new projector about a year ago or so. Constance also got a new projector recently, and the carpet will gradually be replaced inside the ride as well. The Library will eventually glow like Tokyo's (probably for WDW's 50th). And the drapes covering the new portraits in the Gallery are to obscure the recently-installed camera system.

ALSO... Thought it was worth mentioning since no one else did, legendary servant Ginger Honetur passed away about a week ago or so, as some of you may already know. May she Rest in Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post

The playback speed is slower at WDW on those two tracks. The same foyer organ recording is used in all three Mansions. The music room piano is also the same as the one in Tokyo, but they corrected the playback speed there.
              The Foyer Organ in Florida is actually slightly different, the one note at the end "hangs on" for a bit. Guess they dragged it out to make it loop like they did with the Attic Piano.

The Music Room piano WAS at the correct playback speed after the ReHaunting in '07, but they changed it shortly after to match the lower-key Foyer Organ. Def has a more sinister sound to it.

Comment

Working...
              X