Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HBG2 View Post

Actually, we HAVE seen this before, in 2013. It's one of three such mystery heads.

Either this mold produced blast up heads that were used early on and quickly replaced with the smoother style (and were soon forgotten), or the heads made from it were considered prototypes and never actually used in the attraction at all. Either way, these heads are very early. I imagine some Disney employee, about a half century ago, took them out of the trash and took them home to use for Halloween decorations or something.

Thanks for clearing that up! Big fan of your work!

Comment

• I've never seen those ballroom ghost maquettes before except in a very distant shot, so thanks for that!
      "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• I'm still having internet connection problems at my new address, and I'm still ensnarled in the whole moving process, so just trust me, some nice new stuff is in the pipeline. I've been busy lately helping Chris Merritt with weeding out typos and other small errors in his wonderful new Marc Davis book, which has been selling so well that a second edition is already in the works! It's two volumes, and the HM chapter finishes out the first volume and continues undisturbed in the second. Reminds me of flipping over the "Story and Song" record from side A to side B!

Comment

• Hello. If there is some of you who are interested, here's an article i wrote about the abandonned ideas, concepts and effects during the conception of Phantom Manor. it's written in french but there's an english translation of the text if you scroll down the article.
          The Phantom Manor that Never Was   Phantom Manor est, comme vous le savez déjà surement, une adaptation de l’attraction The Haunted Mansion pour Disneyland Paris. Lors de la conception du parc, il a été décidé d’y inclure ce ride mais de le transformer de façon à ce qu’il soit plus attractif pour un public…

Comment

• Looks interesting. Will have to take a stroll.

And speaking of interesting things, be it known to one and all that Doombuggies.com has been completely overhauled and is now online in a fresh new version.

Comment

• New post up at LF

Comment

• Glad to see a new article on LF. Thank you for sharing this to those who couldn't attend to this exhibition. Even 50 years after its creation, The Haunted Mansion hasn't reveal all its secrets yet - and this is a pretty good thing !

Comment

• It is hard to imagine how much has been discovered in the last decade or so, Thinking back to what we (thought we) knew compared to what we now know is staggering. I'm looking forward to all the updates to Long Forgotten.

Comment

• I currently cannot ride the Haunted Mansion Holiday, because the lines are always long and it is always overrated. I've wait until next year on January 2020 to see the original again...

It is not worth to wait a long line for this overlay...because no Paul Frees and the Hitchhiking Ghosts...are missing. But once is enough for this year for me if I've the chance to ride the overlay.

I don't get it why so many fans still are crazy about this too bright out of place overlay...I am sick of the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay every year.

I used to like the Holiday overlay, but not anymore.
                    Last edited by LangenFox; 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                    Save
                    Sav

Comment

• Pretty spectacular, previously unpublished artwork by Ken Anderson (from MDIHOW, aka Merritt and Docter, Mark Davis: In His Own Words p 343). I've added it to the blog post "Father of the Haunted Mansion, Part Three." Hard to believe, but this is from 1957-58, and it's so very close to what they actually did.

Comment

• Guess what? New LF post up.

Comment

• This concept art is awesome !!! I also have a new article on my website : https://phantommanorlegends.wordpres...anor-debunked/

English version avaliable below
                          Quand nous avons choisi le nom ‘Phantom Manor Legends’, c’était afin de rendre hommage à toutes ces histoires qui font l’attraction et ce, à tous les niveaux : de sa conception à sa storyline en passant par ses secrets. Elle est d’une richesse incroyable et possède tant de secrets que, depuis plus de 25 ans, les…

Comment

Guess what? New LF post up.
                            Awesome post.

I enjoy the concept the Squeaky Door Ghost, but I can't see where she would even fit into the mansion. The most logical place would be in in the Endless Hallway with a tweak of the line "wall to wall SQUEAKS" so the narrative would give context to the joke. However, that area is already crowed with gags like the candelabra, knight and blowing curtain. The rest of the COD is much too busy and confined to have it.

She would be out of place in the Ballroom (staff wouldn't do that at a party) and she ruins the narrative of the Attic.

Her gag IMO is for the inside of the mansion so she would be out of place in the graveyard or even crypt.

The opening line of in the Foyer would also make sense only it is much too soon as well as tramples all over the changing portrait effect.

So although she is a delightful spook, there is no real place for her in the mansion.

Comment

• And guess what? A new post is up at LF

Comment

• I made a thing.

Comment

• Cute.

Okay, believe it or not, another new post is up at LF.
                                  Also, I've finished updating old posts (30 of them) with the flood of new material unleashed over the past several months, plus fixed broken links and malfunctioning GIFs, all of that sort of thing. Generally sprucing up the place now that I've got more time.

Comment

Cute.

Okay, believe it or not, another new post is up at LF.
                                    Also, I've finished updating old posts (30 of them) with the flood of new material unleashed over the past several months, plus fixed broken links and malfunctioning GIFs, all of that sort of thing. Generally sprucing up the place now that I've got more time.
                                    Checking out the updated posts. We can now confirm the DL Blue-Faced Bride appeared in 2000 not 1995?

Comment

• Originally posted by HMF View Post

Checking out the updated posts. We can now confirm the DL Blue-Faced Bride appeared in 2000 not 1995?
                                      Correct. Closer analysis of the datable photos convinced me that the real change was when they switched from a black (or possibly midnight blue) head to a light blue head, and that change took place about 2000, not 1995.

Comment

• Believe it or not, a couple more short posts are in the can and a big one is in the making. LF lives!

Comment

Working...
                                        X