Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HM999 View Post

I really hope they don't. I hope they keep him as a Disneyland original. No reason to make everything identical.
    Splash Mountain is practically the same in both Resorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starcade View Post

Ok so you mean "Classic" Haunted Mansion not the attraction as a whole will only be up for 3 months
      When I think of the Haunted Mansion, I think of the Ghost Host being voiced by Paul Frees, or the marble busts, the hitchhiking ghosts, the Hatbox Ghost, and so forth. Haunted Mansion lacks two out of the four and you miss out on the Paul Frees narration. Technically Haunted Mansion and Haunted Mansion Holiday are two different attractions because they're two different experiences. The same goes for Space Mountain and Hyperspace Mountain.

Comment

• Big post on Marc Davis's 1964 outline of the proposed Haunted Mansion is now up at LF.
        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• Thanks! I have been needing some of this, I think this thread is how I first found Micechat way back in 2009. I was trying to figure out how the pepper’s ghost effect worked on HM. I had no idea that was how they did it, and then got sucked into the void of all that is HM.

Comment

• After watching "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" a few weeks ago. I couldn't help but think of early plans for the HM. What follows is a photo set of what it could have looked like with a live tour guide. Can you imagine if the guide was a Don Knott's type with shaking knees as the tour went along?
            sigpic

Be a fan of Mr. Ghost of Facebook

The Mystery of Fenwright Manor

TFMYY
            ​​​​​​
            The Haunted Library

Comment

• DisneyDocs Just posted a checklist from 1972 of all the effects, figures, and items inside WDW’s Haunted Mansion. Interesting to note that the La-La Singer, the mummy, and the headsman trio don’t have audio listed but the other characters do. It also says that WDW has a raven in the ballroom and as far as I remember WDW hasn’t had one in there for a while.
              1939 world's fair, 1964 world's fair, carousel of progress, disneyland, epcot, horizons, spaceship earth, walt disney world

Comment

• Originally posted by Duckzz View Post
                DisneyDocs Just posted a checklist from 1972 of all the effects, figures, and items inside WDW’s Haunted Mansion. Interesting to note that the La-La Singer, the mummy, and the headsman trio don’t have audio listed but the other characters do. It also says that WDW has a raven in the ballroom and as far as I remember WDW hasn’t had one in there for a while.
                Nice find!

BTW, I've got three LF posts in the can at this point.

Comment

• Hey everyone!

I thought you guys would enjoy my project from the past 2 days - yesterday was dubbed "Quarantine-O-Ween", on the net, and I've been inspired recently by the flurry of videos online of people doing play-recreations of their favorite Disney rides from the confines of their home during Isolation. I figured I'd combine the two and pull out a bunch of the props, projection, and special effects I've replicated and collected over the years to turn the house into The Haunted Mansion.

Some of them are a little more janky than others, but it was fun having the spirit of the ride on prominent display in the house. It certainly made being cooped up at home a little more fun!

Hope you like!

www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
                  -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
                  ~Alice Davis

Comment

• Pretty impressive. And I've learned a new word ("janky").

Comment

• New post up at LF

Comment

• Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
                        Pretty impressive. And I've learned a new word ("janky").
                        Thank you! SO glad I could impart that wisdom - surely it's clear to the audience which effects I was referring to when using the word Janky, but hey. Those gaps in the ride experience had to be filled somehow. One of these days I'll sit down and do a really-for-real, good Little Leota. And I bet I've got a good Madame Leota in me if I can just get a big enough crystal ball. And ideally, while I'm at it, I'll just build the whole rest of the ride too.

It's interesting to me, but of course no surprise, that the ride most of these people on Youtube seem to be replicating is The Haunted Mansion. Although I have seen a few funny videos of people doing Pirates as well.

I'm so glad Storybook Land made its way into the tangled web at Long Forgotten! I feel like most people don't give it more than a passing nod, but it really does deserve several intent ride-throughs to soak in all its magnificent little detail. I've always felt it was a shame that WDW doesn't have anything like it - when the plans for their New Fantasyland were announced I liked the idea of The Beast's Castle on top of the Be Our Guest Restaurant feeling like a nod to the forced perspective Cinderella Castle in Storybook Land (As does the Queen of Hearts castle at Tokyo's Alice In Wonderland restaurant), but in execution they seem to have gotten the perspective wrong and made the castle somehow feel smaller than it actually is rather than bigger, which is a shame. It lacks the charm that makes Storybook Land so engaging at Disneyland despite not really meaning to be convincing in terms of perspective.

And of course, with the loss of the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride and its Graveyard of Lost Ships, WDW's Fantasyland has a conspicuous lack of graveyards. So.
                        www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
                        -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
                        ~Alice Davis

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X