Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stumbled across this pic while browsing facebook
    It was on the Walt Disney Archives page from August 9th
    Last edited by Mr.Fenwright; 09-09-2020, 01:34 PM.
    sigpic

Be a fan of Mr. Ghost of Facebook

The Mystery of Fenwright Manor

TFMYY
    ​​​​​​
    The Haunted Library

Comment

• This link is not working
      It was supposed to be a pic of the Graveyard Jamboree from 1973, but for some reason the link doesn't work.
      Last edited by Mr.Fenwright; 09-09-2020, 01:06 PM.
      sigpic

TFMYY
      ​​​​​​
      The Haunted Library

Comment

• This picture? Just to keep the discussion going.
        Last edited by MRaymond; 09-12-2020, 04:57 PM.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

• Great shot! The fog banks painted on the scrims at Disneyland in the early days are really interesting to me.

Comment

• Gorgeous picture! Really captures the magic and otherworldly feel of the graveyard. Almost like a painting.

Comment

• This is the first time since September 2000 where Haunted Mansion Holiday was not up and running. This might be a good year for it to take a break and let the original version up and running.

Comment

• It's been running for 20 years. About time for a break, wouldn't you say? It would be nice to have the original Haunted Mansion running on Halloween for a change, assuming Disneyland reopens by then.
                temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• Strange question, but does anyone have any higher res images of the old WDW Sinister 11 or DL Changing portraits? Everything I'm finding on google is small and pixelated. I was able to upscale, enhance, and retouch a few of them that I'd be happy to share, but if anyone has any knowledge of where to find good quality images of them that would extremely appreciated.

Comment

• Likely many have seen this already (we all seem to know of posted vids, natch) but this features a wonderful panoramic shot of the entire graveyard as you exit the attic, at the 4:45 mark...

www.kevinkarstens.blogspot.com

Comment

• Here's an unusual little something. I think I've discovered what must have been a Paul Frees outtake of an early, unrefined version of the open spiel script — which was eventually repurposed as part of a long-discontinued WDW souvenir cassette tape…

…or is it? No, I'm playing a Halloween trick on you Doombugs. This is actually from the opening narration of 1977's Bugs Bunny's Howl-loween Special, of all things. But you almost believed me, didn't you? And the similarity to the Foyer speech can't possibly be coincidental, in my opinion. Either there's a common ur-text they're both pastiching, or, more likely, this is nod from the Bunny to the Mouse! I'm not 100% sure if that's Paul Frees engaging in a bout of self-parody, or a damn good impressionist — the end credits of the special only list Mel Blanc and June Foray, but I'm leaning towards Paul himself.

It's interesting — and if it is him, a testament to Frees' versatility — how his evil "mwahahaha" isn't quite the same diabolical cry as the Ghost Host's. It's more rogueish and throaty, less maniacal. (Some might say it's got a tinge of the piratical to it…)
                      Last edited by Thaddeus Twain; 10-16-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaddeus Twain View Post
                        I'm not 100% sure if that's Paul Frees engaging in a bout of self-parody, or a damn good impressionist — the end credits of the special only list Mel Blanc and June Foray, but I'm leaning towards Paul himself.

No, that's not Paul Frees.

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• Eh, suppose not, then. Definitely a (good) impression, though. Yet not quite an impression of his Ghost Host voice. Isn't that odd?

Comment

• Looks like X. Atencio also made a sea captain concept art: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGu447uB...=1x81y7gz6xl50

Comment

• Originally posted by HM999 View Post
                              Looks like X. Atencio also made a sea captain concept art: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGu447uB...=1x81y7gz6xl50
                              Pretty sure Ken Anderson came up with the Sea Captain concept back in the 1950s. This artwork isn't signed, so I'm not sure why the poster is attributing it to X. Atencio. I think the Sea Captain and walk-through concept had already been scrapped by the time X. came on the project.
                              Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 10-25-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Haunted Mansion painting
                                “The Guests Arrive” and “The Witching Hour” more art by Leslee Turnbull
                                sigpic

TFMYY
                                ​​​​​​
                                The Haunted Library

Comment

• New D23 piece on the Captain Gore story. https://d23.com/a-haunted-mansion-tale/
                                  M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                  sigpic
                                  Flickr

Comment

• A 1991 POV of WDW's Haunted Mansion. This is a pretty good video from its time. Whatever camera they were using let in enough light that almost captures what the attraction looked like before the refurb. I think the best thing about the video is the footage of the attic. Kind of dark, but I think this might be the first footage of Orlando's glowing eyes bride and original pop-up ghosts that weren't dressed as groomsmen to ever surface on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFO8bvly4xE&t=477s

Comment

• Created a profile on the Disney Comics Wiki for Captain Gore, if anyone cares to read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
                                        New D23 piece on the Captain Gore story. https://d23.com/a-haunted-mansion-tale/
                                        Very interesting indeed! Another more-or-less complete Anderson script comes to the light of day. There's at least two errors in the sequencing of the sketches, though.
                                        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• Originally posted by HM999 View Post
                                          Looks like X. Atencio also made a sea captain concept art: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGu447uB...=1x81y7gz6xl50
                                          I'm convinced it's genuine, and I've incorporated it into the LF "Mariner" post. Thanks for calling attention to it.
                                          "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X