Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new post up at Long-Forgotten.
    https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....-or-three.html
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• Wasn't it about ten years ago we were speculating about the " mystery retaining wall"?
      sigpic

Be a fan of Mr. Ghost of Facebook

The Mystery of Fenwright Manor

TFMYY
      ​​​​​​
      The Haunted Library

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
        Wasn't it about ten years ago we were speculating about the " mystery retaining wall"?
        Huh?

Comment

• Good chance most of you have seen this already, but in case you have not, this guy did a heckuva good job with this...

www.kevinkarstens.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by HBG2 View Post

Huh?
            Could that be referring to the Lafitte tunnel entrance?
            temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

Wasn't it about ten years ago we were speculating about the " mystery retaining wall"?
              I was referring to the mystery wall on the south of the mansion. Years ago on this thread, there were new pics of the wall and we were speculating it could be a foundation for the museum of the weird or a retaining wall for dirt. I think at one point someone mentioned it was for the family graveyards that never " materialized".
              sigpic

TFMYY
              ​​​​​​
              The Haunted Library

Comment

• More recently there was speculation about wording in a permit for the 2020 refurbishment. We never found out anything more about that, either.

Comment

I was referring to the mystery wall on the south of the mansion. Years ago on this thread, there were new pics of the wall and we were speculating it could be a foundation for the museum of the weird or a retaining wall for dirt. I think at one point someone mentioned it was for the family graveyards that never " materialized".
                  If it's where the queue area is now, on the left side of the Mansion, then yes - that actually WAS the family cemetery for the first few years, before they moved the stones up to the berm and turned it into the queue. I do recall the foundation for the Museum of the Weird theory, and that's the same area. HBG2 did a whole LF blog post or two about it.
                  Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 11-13-2020, 12:14 AM.
                  temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post

If it's where the queue area is now, on the left side of the Mansion, then yes - that actually WAS the family cemetery for the first few years, before they moved the stones up to the berm and turned it into the queue. I do recall the foundation for the Museum of the Weird theory, and that's the same area. HBG2 did a whole LF blog post or two about it.
                    Four actually, including the most recent one.

https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....graveyard.html
                    https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....eyards_10.html
                    https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....d-way-out.html
                    https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....-or-three.html

Comment

• That's the family graveyard I was thinking about. I recall seeing the concept art somewhere, but I didn't feel like " digging" through old posts. I knew the concept had high walls and was somewhat enclosed. Re-reading the posts I see now where that wall is. What I can't remember is, were there going to be any special effects or lighting for that enclosed graveyard?
                      sigpic

TFMYY
                      ​​​​​​
                      The Haunted Library

Comment

• Live orchestra plays the Phantom Manor music

sigpic

TFMYY
                        ​​​​​​
                        The Haunted Library

Comment

• Happy New Year, foolish mortals! The year 2021 will mark several Haunted Manson milestone anniversaries. These include:

The 50th anniversary of WDW's Haunted Mansion
                          The 20th anniversary of Haunted Mansion Holiday
                          The 10th anniversary of the WDW Haunted Mansion's interactive queue, CGI hitchhiking ghosts, and new hitchhiking ghost animatronics.

Comment

• Here's some Disneyland Haunted Mansion news from MiceChat's empty Disneyland update:

"While we can’t make out the front of the structure, construction scrims have come down from the northern side of the Haunted Mansion and we can see that the pet cemetery tombstones have been removed from the green lawn in front of the Mansion (likely placed back where they belong). So, we are hopeful that the ride will be ready for guests whenever the park reopens."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland-Aerial-Haunted-Mansion-Crop.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	8630284

Comment

• Here's a truly bizarre connection. The HM interior gravestones seem to have been copied by the production team of "The Ghost Busters", the 1975 live action comedy show. You can see them pretty clearly in this video, check the intro specifically at 2:06 -
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnSEpxl_bwM

The Filmation headquarters was in Reseda so it's definitely possible they just rode down the freeway for reference material!

Comment

• WDW Mansion.
                                It makes me think that the DL Mansion has been closed nearly a year.

sigpic

TFMYY
                                ​​​​​​
                                The Haunted Library

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxxFur View Post
                                  Here's a truly bizarre connection. The HM interior gravestones seem to have been copied by the production team of "The Ghost Busters", the 1975 live action comedy show. You can see them pretty clearly in this video, check the intro specifically at 2:06 -
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnSEpxl_bwM

The Filmation headquarters was in Reseda so it's definitely possible they just rode down the freeway for reference material!
                                  Thanks for linking that. I've had this publicity shot in my files for a long time and wondered about it.

My guess is that because the HMs were still so new at this time, extra tombstones that turned out not to be needed were either sold to a prop house or rented to anyone in Hollywood who knew about them and needed prop tombstones.

Comment

WDW Mansion.
                                    It makes me think that the DL Mansion has been closed nearly a year.
                                    Actually longer because the Disneyland Haunted Mansion went down in August 2019 for the holiday version and never reopened in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by imagineer999 View Post
                                      Happy New Year, foolish mortals! The year 2021 will mark several Haunted Manson milestone anniversaries. These include:

The 50th anniversary of WDW's Haunted Mansion
                                      The 20th anniversary of Haunted Mansion Holiday
                                      The 10th anniversary of the WDW Haunted Mansion's interactive queue, CGI hitchhiking ghosts, and new hitchhiking ghost animatronics.
                                      It's also the 15th anniversary of the Constance/Alice Kramden bride at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

It's also the 15th anniversary of the Constance/Alice Kramden bride at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion.
                                        That's actually an impressive/depressive list. If the DL HM has anything new in it when it reopens (doubtful, but possible), 2021 will be a calendar-marking year, what with 50th of, 20th of, 15th of, and 10th of riding along as accompaniment to whatever debuts.

Comment

• You have to wonder what sort of COVID-savvy celebration Florida is planning for their HM 50th, which is an anniversary that can't pass without notice.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X