Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the last day for Haunted Mansion Holiday. In 12 days, the classic Haunted Mansion returns. It's "Christmas II".

Comment

• Phantom Manor is closing today for a massive refurbishment to last until October. No details on the changes or updates that will be done, unfortunately, but it’s big enough to warrant those “Goodbye” buttons.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post
        So I was watching a documentary about the 60's and 70's yesterday, and then it hit me: "Doom buggy" is very likely a pun on "Dune buggy", a popular sand vehicle in the late 60's and early 70's and part of the era's beach culture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_buggy

I guess it would have been similar to attraction now making a pun with "fidget spinner". The first audiences of the Haunted Mansion must have immediately made the connection.

Had anyone else had this thought??
        I always thought it was a direct pun based on dune buggy.
        Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

• Just 3 more days to go until the Disneyland Haunted Mansion returns. Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize!

Comment

• Happy New Year, 'bugs. There's finally a new post up at LF. Not too spectacular, but fun anyway. I've also updated an old post, the one about "Rewriting the History of the Changing Portrait Hall," because I noticed in a youtube video that the old way of handling the foyer continued to be in use from time to time as late as 2000.
            . Updated January 17, 2018. Welcome to the third consecutive post dealing with the lost history of the changing portrait hall. This is th...
            "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

• Today is the day the Disneyland Haunted Mansion returns after a 5 month hibernation period. GRIM GRINNING GHOSTS COME OUT TO SOCIALIZE! And as the Ghost Host is fond of saying "And a ghost will follow you home!"

Comment

Working...
              X