Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on how the Electrical Parade could continue to run in DCA ?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any ideas on how the Electrical Parade could continue to run in DCA ?

Are there any other fans of keeping Electrical Parade in DCA? Is there any way to do this, or do logistics completely prevent it?

I know they'll have their hands full this Summer. But, during the Holidays, if WOC reduces to one, or two showings, I keep thinking that staggering the Electrical Parade would be a way to disperse crowds.

Also, if you didn't manage to get good seats for WOC, at least satisfaction of seeing Electrical Parade up close.

I, personally, believe DCA needs all the nighttime events it can get. And, I find it a loss to eliminate this. I never liked the EP in the original Park. I know I'm in the minority, but I liked DCA version better.
    2007 Photos:
    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
    More 2007 Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
    2006 Photos:
    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Re: Any ideas on how the Electrical Parade could continue to run in DCA ?

MSEP should be the only electrical parade now that DCA has WoC
    end of discussion

Comment

once they are finished with construction,
      they should be able to run the parade again.
      Right now with all the construction
      they really don't have the space to do it.

I also disagree with Disney not bringing it over to Disneyland
      while DCA is under construction.
      I also disagree that Tinkerbell replaced the Blue Fairy.
      Come on, Tink is all over the place (a little too much in my opinion).
      Was it really that big of a deal to let the blue fairy have some of the spotlight?
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

The MSEP should only play in one park and that should be Disneyland.

Bring it back! It was the favorite then, and it is the favorite now.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I'd rather see DCA try for a newer parade, something origional would be nice. I'd even accept Spectromagic though :P maybe cause Spectromagic has little Mermaid :P

I think when construction is done it would be totally doable and should be done since I like the idea of two for two offerings in both parks.
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
            I think when construction is done it would be totally doable and should be done since I like the idea of two for two offerings in both parks.
            But, there won't be "two for two" if EP parade moves back to MainST. I think tossing the Electrical Parade over to the original park is just an excuse to never come out with a new parade again. EP has become a signature offering at DCA, and also the one parade where it's easy to find a good seat.

The minute the Electrical Parade goes back to Main Street, seating will become a problem. New and innovative parades should run through Main Street. I like the idea of DCA having a classic that you can actually see up close. Grown very fond of watching it there.
            2007 Photos:
            http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
            More 2007 Photos:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
            2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
            http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
            2006 Photos:
            http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

I understand that Disneyland should be the "proving ground" for new and innovative parades. I also think that new and innovative DAYTIME parades should first set foot on Main Street U.S.A. I would prefer for MSEP to be at Disneyland, but I really don't have much of a problem with it at DCA. The only thing is that the floats look smaller at DCA. I just think it is a crime that DCA has (had) a wonderful Pixar parade (followed by another Pixar parade) and the MSEP at night, while Disneyland continues to limp along with "Celebrate...".

I believe that Disneyland could afford to have a nice parade for the daytime hours and another for the evening hours. It's been done before. In fact it was done so much that it has now become expected. Other Disney parks have glorious parades for both daytime and evening performances. Why is it so tough for Disneyland to do so? While I do think that the Pixar parades are short (what happened to the Ratatouille float?) they do shine with the glow of invested money and well received responses. Celebrate sucked from day one! It's replacement dreck like this that has me shivering at just what "Toy Story: The Musical" is going to be. When something is lousy, we just can't seem to get rid of it. There's no more comment cards anymore. So how is a consumer oriented business supposed to know what we think, and want, when they have discontinued the guest response system that had been in place for decades? Parades are an intergral part of the Disneyland experience. It's just that you have to go to Disneyland at Christmas Time in order to see one. Either that, or go to DCA.
              One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Comment

To be honest, I dont really care which park the parade is in. These days, people go to both parks interchangebly, so whichever one is fine.

But I think since DL already has more entertainment in generally and has F! and fireworks at night, DCA should have WOC and EP. Thats a nice round balance to me.

As for how to keep it going, I think when the WOC stuff dies down and the park is more complete (i.e. less walls) in a few years, it should be fine. Two WOC shows nightly and the parade thrown in the middle somewhere would make it fine.

For now though, although I agree having the parade now would disperse the crowds a bit, it would probably be a bit too chaotic trying to run this parade with all the walls up now and especially with that chaotic plan, if Al is right, about how to deal with the WOC crowds. Its all a bit much at the moment but it should be no problems in the next year or two.

Comment

Mmmm, no. I'd much rather have it back at Disneyland, especially since Disneyland doesn't have any real parade at the moment.

Comment

I think they should bring the parking lot back.

Comment

I totally agree with you guys.. DCA will be able to handle a nighttime parade, and WOC if they ran the short route for it, like they did when PP was all bored up, they ran the short route, i think if they ran the short route for the nighttime parade, and kept WOC at PP, it would distribute the crowds nicely.. once DCA is done and the hype for WOC is done.. this is totally possible. but in the mean time. .no.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazee4mm View Post
                        The only thing is that the floats look smaller at DCA. I just think it is a crime that DCA has (had) a wonderful Pixar parade (followed by another Pixar parade) and the MSEP at night, while Disneyland continues to limp along with "Celebrate...".
                        agreed

As far as comment cards being gone.
                        If you don't have anything for people to give feedback on,
                        you can continue to live in the world of: "everything is fine and look at the great job we are doing".
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

I agree DL needs a new parade, it just doesnt necessarily have to be EP thats all. I think DL can have the EP back, but at the end of the day, it already has a ridiculous amount of entertainment in that park and the fireworks show and F! already fills the crowds up. I never seen Celebrate (nor intend to) but everytime I'm around it, there is ALWAYS a crowd and I think thats partly the problem. Any parade Disney puts there they know they are going to get big crowds for it, so why spend the money on a big fancy if they dont have a birthday to market it around?

Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnarly View Post
                            I think they should bring the parking lot back.

LOL, OUCH!!! You dont at least like the changes the park is having now?

Comment

I always thought that they could take the Electric parade and split it up a bit. By making some new floats with a specific California theme, they could have California's Electrical Parade and the Main Street Electrical Parade. Double the entertainment, double the fun.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X