Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Remember Golden Dreams in Mermaid?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] How to Remember Golden Dreams in Mermaid?

I saw a post similar to this over on another site. But, you guys all probably recognize that it is customary for Disney to leave remnants or a tribute to an attraction that formerly occupied the space where the current attraction lies. For example: the three mounted heads from the Country Bear Jamboree are situated inside the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there's a Horizons symbol on the gravity wheel in Mission: Space, etc.

The new Little Mermaid attraction in DCA is supposed to be a pretty big deal, right? And Golden Dreams had its fans, however few of them... But it certainly represented a major part of the original DCA.

So how do you think the Imagineers might leave us a little something from Golden Dreams in The Little Mermaid? (You don't have to be entirely serious...)
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: How to Remember Golden Dreams in Mermaid?

Well that dome is one idem they leave behind from Golden Dreams so that is one they save.

Comment

TLM's facade will have a large stained glass window, so Whoopi's character's head could appear on the glass and advertise TLM attraction.

Just kidding, of course!

Comment

Do we really want to remember Golden Dreams? lol

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post

I don't I saw that show once and I didn't like it. To me the Dome is all they need for that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
            Well that dome is one idem they leave behind from Golden Dreams so that is one they save.
            Oh, darn it. That's true.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

They could always take a portion of one of the statues that flanked the screen with Whoopie's face and add that to the scene with Ariel's treasure. Kinda like how she has the statue of Prince Eric, but this could be just a portion of the head or something.

Comment

I do. I'm one of the few fans of that show and I really miss it. But as has already been said- they saved the dome. I don't think there's anything else they "can"/would integrate into Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Comment

I do :shy:.

I liked that movie. To me, it was the heart of DCA that was overlooked and the heart was ripped out.

That song "Just One Dream" was really good.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                  The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                  Indy Ride Count: 2211
                  World of Color Count: 74

Comment

take the star from the golden dreams mural and put it in ariel's grotto

Comment

Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                      take the star from the golden dreams mural and put it in ariel's grotto
                      AGH you beat me to it.

I wonder if they saved any of that mural.
                      -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

yep, that dome is WAY more than enough.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

How about a random Shaq & Kobe clip?

Comment

YES. yes we do.

I get a little sad every time I hear "Just One Dream" in the Esplanade now. I miss Golden Dreams. My whole family, especially my mom, loved that film.
                            sigpic
                            http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

A mermaid with dreadlocks.

That 'Just One Dream' montage always gave me a serious case of the church giggles. It was so overdone and cheesy. The only thing I miss about that attraction is sitting in the audience and laughing during inappropriate moments.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X