This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed Quarters?

The last time I was at the park I noticed a couple of pressed quarters machines next to the pressed pennies machines. Have you guys seen this yet?

Pressing a penny: Meh, no big deal. But pressing a quarter? I dunno...

Re: Pressed Quarters?

They used to have pressed quarter machines out years ago. I have a jack and sally pressed quarter from the first year or two the mansion had it's NBC overlay.....as far as how I feel about any of the pressed coin machines...I kind of have mixed feelings. occasionlly I will press a coin, but it's such a waste of money. I'm spending 50cents to $1.00 to ruin money .....not the best deal in the park, but kind of fun for half a second...

Comment

I saw a quarter machine in the Candy Palace and it had Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell was cute but I couldn't get myself to press a quarter. It just seems wasteful. I don't know.. :blink:
      Take Care,

Brenda

Comment

They also have pressed nickel machines in the penny arcade. They are the main street vehicles and I think one with Mickey and Minnie that says Main Street USA. You can get a list from City Hall that has all the pressed coin machines listed with what type of coin they make and where they are located. Very helpful if you want a full set of something.

Comment

They also have one in the Toontown Five and Dime and Two more in the courtyard between the shops in NOSquare (Pieces of Eight and the one that sells the HM clothes)... along with a few in the Penny Arcade on Main Street.

At DCA, they are located outside the store that is by the river rapids ride.

They do move these around sometimes, so you can always ask at City Hall, or a good website to check what is available is:
          http://www.parkpennies.com/Disneylan...ssmachines.htm

and for national locations (they do list DLR in here as well)
          http://www.pennycollector.com/

Comment

Pressing quarters is wrong!! They are valuable! You need them for the Shooting Gallery and for Fortune Red in Piece O' Eight after you ride Pirates!
            Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
            FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
            I bring the magic!!!
            "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
            Originally posted by Reverend DMother
            Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

We have 5 or 6 Tinkerbell pressed quarters. I think we're down to 4 now, as once Chloe thought it would be fun to empty out our pressed penny book (which has slots for pressed quarters). We only have Tinks. And then we sobered up and realized we'd squished some serious cash. :lol:

Comment

Those Tink pressed quarters are SO cute... but I just can't convince myself to give up that much cash! I do have a few pressed pennies around here though.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4
                  Pressing quarters is wrong!! They are valuable! You need them for the Shooting Gallery and for Fortune Red in Piece O' Eight after you ride Pirates!
                  Ye gods! You're right!
                  Don't forget Esmeralda!

Comment

What's next? Hole punching dollars?

Comment

When we were there last in April I helped my 5 yr old daughter fill an entire book with pressed coins. Pennies and Quarters. She had a blast looking for the machines. I made sure I had plenty of change. I didn't mind the quarter machines since there weren't that many of them. We recently made a trip the San Francisco and she came home with another dozzen pressed pennies from around the area.
                      You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

They don't need hole punching dollars, they have 'Disney Dollars' for the paper money collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by aliasdisney
                          They don't need hole punching dollars, they have 'Disney Dollars' for the paper money collectors.
                          Yep. They made Disney Dollars hoping and hoping that no one would spend them.

Comment

We have two books of pressed pennies, but unfortunately something happened funky to Shawn's and they got all greenish and nasty looking
                            They each have a quarter or two, K got them for them though, I was too cheap to! :razz:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

the pressed quarters i have are :
                              - tinkerbell set
                              - HM set
                              - Nightmare B4 Christmas set
                              - mickey as a fireman, minnie as a nurse, and mickey as a police officer
                              - mickey, minnie, and donald on the carousel
                              - mainstreet vehicle set
                              - princess set
                              - roger rabbit set
                              - brother bear set

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X