Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars 2, the driving force for Cars Land?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Cars 2, the driving force for Cars Land?

Movie Talk: 'Batman 3' Joins Packed Summer 2012 Season

According to this article Cars 2 is set for a summer release next year. This would provide an infusion of interest in the somewhat dated Cars movie world which as we all know is now getting not only a new land but also a ride hyped as one of the most sophisticated ever built.

So what do you think? Is this sequel something that had been planned anyway or is it being fast tracked in order to get a bunch of young boys hyped up for the new land?
    Last edited by evmo; 05-06-2010, 12:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Captain_Jenny1987
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

Re: Cars 2, the driving force for Cars Land?

I think the sequel had been planned for a long time...even before Cars Land was announced. So the timing works out perfectly in that the film will help generate interest in the new land and vice versa.

I dont know if you would call Cars outdated though...I mean the theme of the movie was based around nostalgia.

I'm excited about the design and look of Carsland. If it's done how I imagine it in my head, you'll be walking into this area and you'll forget you're in the park because you'll be surrounded by desert rocks. It will provide an interesting escape from the rest of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by evmo View Post
      So what do you think? Is this sequel something that had been planned anyway or is it being fast tracked in order to get a bunch of young boys hyped up for the new land?
      The true question is "What came first, the Chicken or the Egg?" Disney has been on a "Synergy" kick the last few years, and they were probably both green-lit at the same time on purpose - so the movie promotes the land, and the land promotes the movie. Concurrently, the sequel might not exist without Cars Land, and vice-versa.

And when they make media buys to promote one, they really promote both. And they can do a lot of cross-promotion with ABC TV (that they own) and other networks, and the radio (some that they own), and any newspaper and print buys, and restaurant tie-ins for Happy Meals or the like...

That's how you make the Accountaneers happy, you sell the same product twice - or more if you can pull it off. And they get the airtime for "free" because they own the station.

(And if they do have to "pay" for the product placement and the advertising on their O&O stations, they are just moving the money from one corporate pocket to the other, it stays in the family - and it gets written off twice.)

--<< Bruce >>--
      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I think that it just so happens that the timing worked out this way but I am sure that both the land and the movie will be a cross-promotion success either way. Kinda smart since you're looking at a profit increase across two seperate divisions of Disney both happening in tandem.

Holy stocks Spiderman!! ... I figured saying Batman would be a no no these days.

Comment

It's been planned for a long time.

Sequel hype or no, the engine driving Carsland isn't Cars movie sales (although it helps), but the consistently monster Cars toy sales in the boy demographic.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            It's been planned for a long time.

Sequel hype or no, the engine driving Carsland isn't Cars movie sales (although it helps), but the consistently monster Cars toy sales in the boy demographic.

absolutely..the cars toy sales have been off the charts,to a point (well since they are done by mattel and so is hot wheels)that like hot wheels i have seen cars events similar to hot wheels events held....and its not just kids i have seen men in theirs 30s-60s buy em up for their own collections. The land and the sequel was timed i beleave..and that was a smart idea, the marketing ideas are endless.. Carsland(sigh its been two years and still shrug and grimace at that name)has potential to be a real monster of a land...
            "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something that indicated the plot of Cars 2 would involve European racing; if so, it sort of takes the town of Radiator Springs out of the picture, which is what so much of the Cars Land (as I understand it) is based on.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the neon...

Comment

Synergy? At Disneyland? Whaaaaaaaaa??

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
                  I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something that indicated the plot of Cars 2 would involve European racing; if so, it sort of takes the town of Radiator Springs out of the picture, which is what so much of the Cars Land (as I understand it) is based on.

Carsland Europe for Walt Disney Studios Paris?

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post

The land would represent the home of the main characters. I would have to imagine that at least Lightning McQueen and Mater would remain as significant focal points in Cars 2. I'm sure that if they really wanted to they could throw in a few shops or food stands with some european references.

Comment

Uhm no that would clash.

Comment

"Driving force" BWAH HAHAHA! Kids these days say the most cleaver things!
                        DJ JARVICIOUS
                        Salt Lake City, UT
                        Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                        www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                        www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                        Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

Movie Talk: 'Batman 3' Joins Packed Summer 2012 Season

According to this article Cars 2 is set for a summer release next year. This would provide an infusion of interest in the somewhat dated Cars movie world which as we all know is now getting not only a new land but also a ride hyped as one of the most sophisticated ever built.

The sequel was a factor but not the only one.

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                          absolutely..the cars toy sales have been off the charts,to a point (well since they are done by mattel and so is hot wheels)that like hot wheels i have seen cars events similar to hot wheels events held....and its not just kids i have seen men in theirs 30s-60s buy em up for their own collections. The land and the sequel was timed i beleave..and that was a smart idea, the marketing ideas are endless.. Carsland(sigh its been two years and still shrug and grimace at that name)has potential to be a real monster of a land...
                          You are correct I too have heard that Disney is making more money off of the CARS toys than any other Pixar movie. Also Lasseter wanted it.

When you put the three factors together (Toys + Sequel + Lasseter) = Carsland
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I always heard it was the cars merchandise that warranted a sequel as well (although living outside of America, I oddly saw any kids ever wearing this stuff...I'm guessing its really just stronger in America overall) and building Carsland was probably a no-brainer in there eyes. And the sequel and theme land promotes each other, which is why synergy exists, I dont think its a chicken or the egg thing. I'm guessing they been working on the movie for a long time, probably as long as they originally came up with the idea of Carsland itself.

Comment

Originally posted by 10/6 View Post
                              "Driving force" BWAH HAHAHA! Kids these days say the most cleaver things!
                              The pun was NOT intended bet eh...I'll take it anyway :P

I also shake my head every time I hear the words "Cars Land".
                              Originally posted by Captain_Jenny1987
                              Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X