Disney's World of Color: A Fireworks Show?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Forbidden Eye
    • Jul 2006

[Fun] Disney's World of Color: A Fireworks Show?

Has anyone thought of, or dreamed of World of Color not being the water show that it is and was instead a firework show made to replace RDCT? I have.

And actually would be a good concept for a fireworks show too if done properly.

The current water show concept would be on a smaller scale in the ROA viewing area which would incoporate the Fantasmic! equipment and new equipment exclusive for it.

I put the Fun label on because WoC in DCA is almost complete and this is for all purposes, a fun thread to share ideas on a different scenario.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74
  • dth316
    You're late for TEAAA!!!!
    • Oct 2009

Re: Disney's World of Color: A Fireworks Show?

I thought fireworks and fire-works (hehe, see what I did there) were both incorporated into the show? Yes, mainly it is a water show but I think in some degree it has some firework show merits.

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
      I thought fireworks and fire-works (hehe, see what I did there) were both incorporated into the show? Yes, mainly it is a water show but I think in some degree it has some firework show merits.
      :lol: I get it.

Your right. As much as this show has been planned as a water show since it was first thought of, the idea also sounds like a possible fireworks show idea.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

• dth316
        • Oct 2009

Maybe they'll surprise us with a fireworks finale at the end while all the fountains in the entire lake are shooting up pass the Fun Wheel with the music rising to epic porportions

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
          • Jul 2006

Maybe they'll surprise us with a fireworks finale at the end while all the fountains in the entire lake are shooting up pass the Fun Wheel with the music rising to epic porportions
          That would be nice. Except for the fact that there wont be any pyrotechnics involved.

Comment

• Raindown
            MiceChatter
            • Mar 2010

Yes! As you parting gift. . . we soak you.

Comment

• OC2Epcot
              DLR WDW HKDL SHDL
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Raindown View Post
              That would cut down on the number of people coming back to see it again.
              sigpic

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                That would cut down on the number of people coming back to see it again.
                More viewing spots for me.

Comment

• CinderellaStory
                  Sharing a Paopu Fruit
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Raindown View Post
                  One of the times I was eavesdropping at Paradise Park, I heard that anyone standing on the wooden platform toward the front of the viewing area will definitely be getting wet (it sounded as if it was more "GRR wet" then "Fantasmic" wet), and the second landing up will be quite damp as well.

Comment

• dth316
                    • Oct 2009

Well I suppose that is expected with winds.

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                      • Jul 2006

Back on topic about World of Color being a fireworks show, I figured out how some of the showiwould've been executed if the concept was turned into a pyro show at DL:

Disney's World of Color: A colorful nighttime fireworks spectacular!

Intro: It would begin with the original theme followed by the modern version as the actual show does. THe part where Tink brings Little Squirt to life would be interesting as this would have to be planned out for those viewing it from the castle.

Villians Scene:

The fire would extend to the hub. In other words be in the 360 effect area. In the Chernabog scene, a tower similar to the tower in PP would rise from where the orb from Halloween Screams is (Or they can use that orb) and Chernabog would be projected from there. In the Hellfire scene, the fire goes crazy in all viewing areas.. In the ROA viewing area, the fire on the river would ignite in addition to new flame throwers like the ones on the show platform. IASAW would aslo get them. In the Stampede scene, both the castle and Small World viewing areas would have the light towers simulating the stampede charging to the audience. Pyro will also simulate it. In ROA, it would be like how the scene is in the actual WoC on a smaller scale.

Thats all I can think of.

Comment

• stevo505
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2007

It would be neat, but haven't they already attempted a pyro show in the lagoon with LuminAria? If I can remember, that didn't work out too well.

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                          It would be neat, but haven't they already attempted a pyro show in the lagoon with LuminAria? If I can remember, that didn't work out too well.
                          Yeah. But this is if World of Color were to be a Fireworks show at Disneyland.

Comment

• stevo505
                            Banned User
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                            Yeah. But this is if World of Color were to be a Fireworks show at Disneyland.
                            Ooh, silly me. I just noticed the "Fun" tag. Sorry!

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                              Ooh, silly me. I just noticed the "Fun" tag. Sorry!
                              Its cool!

This is just a random thought I had and wanted to share with everyone.

Comment

• SoCalbma
                                Love HD videos!
                                • Jun 2009

They should add some low level fireworks finale to WOC this will make it epic. They should just place the fireworks inside the 6 spotlight boxes/lighthouses whatever u call it. Having a firework finale won't cause any problem unlike Lumeria is just for the finale only.
                                My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                                http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

• The Forbidden Eye
                                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
                                  They should add some low level fireworks finale to WOC this will make it epic. They should just place the fireworks inside the 6 spotlight boxes/lighthouses whatever u call it. Having a firework finale won't cause any problem unlike Lumeria is just for the finale only.
                                  It might. Some of those are too close to MFW for any pyro launchers to go off and the wind could blow them to the other areas of PP as well depending on direction.

Comment

• DLFreak71
                                    ---------------
                                    • Sep 2005

Didn't Disney learn their lesson w/ fireworks in that area?
                                    Luminaria
                                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udi-CgMwHRU"]YouTube- Luminaria (Disney's California Adventure)[/ame]

If I'm not mistaken, ppl couldn't breathe after that show from the smoke that lingered
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

• DisneyGeek138
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jan 2010

Yes but if they just shot off a couple in the finale, I'm sure it wouldn't cause that much smoke.
                                      "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
                                      "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

Comment

• DLFreak71
                                        ---------------
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DisneyGeek138 View Post
                                        Yes but if they just shot off a couple in the finale, I'm sure it wouldn't cause that much smoke.
                                        Just don't be around for the 3rd show then
                                        Quote by Al:
                                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                        -Al Lutz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X