• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take the Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour

"Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Re: Take the Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour

Thanks for the scoop.

I agree...Seems like a lot just for what's listed. It's not like either the HMH or IASW are new this year and the lines aren't that bad.

Oh well. Maybe the walking part might be exciting.

Comment

ok Dust, you try to find a place to sit for the parade amongst the throngs of people crowding in by IASW, whilst I enjoy my folding chair, hot cocoa and cookie delivered to me by a official DL tour guide!
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Originally posted by AP2CM
        ok Dust, you try to find a place to sit for the parade amongst the throngs of people crowding in by IASW, whilst I enjoy my folding chair, hot cocoa and cookie delivered to me by a official DL tour guide!

Hahahah Amen!

I think it would be an awsome tour! I will take it in the next few weeks and post a review.
        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

And remember when you take the tour, that your warm hot chocolate and yummy cookie were packaged thanks to the AWESOME! CMs over @ Toontown Resturants! *btw...you're welcome, it's something to do when we're slow!*

Comment

Originally posted by DustMeUpTink
            Another Disney rip off if you ask me.....
            If they tell you what you get for what you pay, and you decide to pay it, how is it a ripoff, especially when it's an add-on and absolutely not something you have to do to enjoy the park? No one is forcing you to go on it. I always find those sorts of comments odd.

That being said, I've heard other people who've done the tour say they've had a good time. It hasn't been especially appealing to me so I've never done, but I've considered it. I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, and having been on it twice in about year's time, I enjoyed both tours.

Comment

My mom wants to do the tour and me being a biased once a week-er said "Eh mom, I'll get you on anything quick and find ya good seats for that parade."

It'll be easier that way and she already has to pay to get in as is, so if she wants hot cocoa I'll just buy it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephens
                If they tell you what you get for what you pay, and you decide to pay it, how is it a ripoff, especially when it's an add-on and absolutely not something you have to do to enjoy the park? No one is forcing you to go on it. I always find those sorts of comments odd.
                It could also be considered a "ripoff" if you purchase a tour and do not receive what you expect or what was promised. Both are very common in Disneyland.

Example, Disneyland removed the boards denoting what attractions were closed. One would believe by the commercials and brochures that they would be able to go on certain attractions yet they were closed for maintenance or other reasons. Although Disney does state that attractions can close at any time, the fact that they no longer advertise what attractions are closed (unless you call the recorded line) may lead others to feel it is a ripoff to pay to enter Disneyland for full price.

As we all know, many on these boards feel the add-on of the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet is a "ripoff" in their eyes. Although they clearly know what they are getting, some feel that Disneyland charging $50.00++ for seating and cake is not a good value.

The statement made by the poster you quoted is not "odd" but simply an opinion. As there is no way to judge true "value" of a tour, some will feel it is a great value and others may feel it is a ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneynut
                  As we all know, many on these boards feel the add-on of the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet is a "ripoff" in their eyes. Although they clearly know what they are getting, some feel that Disneyland charging $50.00++ for seating and cake is not a good value.
                  So don't pay for it. There are lots of people who do feel it's worth it and would be more than happy to take those tickets. Why is that so hard?

Comment

So don't pay for it. There are lots of people who do feel it's worth it and would be more than happy to take those tickets. Why is that so hard?
                    Yes, some people pay for it and feel it is a good value (one opinion) and others refuse to pay that much and feel it is a "ripoff" (yet another opinion). Neither side is 100% correct, both sides are merely expressing their opinion.

You will note that the OP stated what was included and asked others what else is included to make this tour a better value and not a "ripoff". Your post suggests that that they should not be upset if they received what was paid for. I fail to see that the OP ever took this tour and certainly has made no comment that she has received what the tour promised. As I have said before, some people pay for things and don't receive the value they expect.

Someone may also choose not to pay for things or purchase certain goods or services under the belief that it is a ripoff. This would be their opinion and we should be respectful that their are others who don't share your view. Why is that so hard?
                    Last edited by Disneynut; 11-08-2005, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneynut
                      Someone may also choose not to pay for things or purchase certain goods or services under the belief that it is a ripoff. This would be their opinion and we should be respectful that their are others who don't share your view. Why is that so hard?
                      Saying "I don't feel it is worth it based on the description" is one thing. Saying "it's a ripoff" when you haven't actually done the tour is another. Just like it's one thing to say you're not interested in seeing a movie because it doesn't look any good to you, but saying that a movie is bad when you've never seen it doesn't make sense either. But then lots of people do that too.

As I've said, the holiday tour doesn't sound that interesting to me, which is why I haven't taken it. But since I haven't taken it, I can't possibly comment on whether or not it's a good value, just on what I perceive. But if you wanna keep gunning for me, go right ahead.

Comment

Saying "I don't feel it is worth it based on the description" is one thing. Saying "it's a ripoff" when you haven't actually done the tour is another. Just like it's one thing to say you're not interested in seeing a movie because it doesn't look any good to you, but saying that a movie is bad when you've never seen it doesn't make sense either. But then lots of people do that too.

As I've said, the holiday tour doesn't sound that interesting to me, which is why I haven't taken it. But since I haven't taken it, I can't possibly comment on whether or not it's a good value, just on what I perceive. But if you wanna keep gunning for me, go right ahead.
                        I believe the OP did just that....She commented on what she perceived stating:

Originally posted by DustMeUpTink
                        Another Disney rip off if you ask me...
                        I don't always agree with someones choice of descriptive words either, but the term "ripoff" is commonly used when people feel something is overpriced. I routinely sit in reserved seats and/or a private balcony for Fantasmic. Although they now comp my seats each time, I routinely paid for them for a number of years. Many friends said that charging for reserved seats was a "ripoff" without ever having sat in them.

Although I get what you are trying to say, I truly hope this board does not get bogged down with PC language. Micechat is a place where we can speak our minds, offer opinions and not have to sugar-coat our feelings about subjects related to Disney. I certainly have no desire to water down your opinions either, I just enjoy expressing mine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X