Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the conditions of your first trip to Disneyland/DLR?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What were the conditions of your first trip to Disneyland/DLR?

I remember being in the second grade and everyone was talking about how great Disneyland was. I felt completely jealous that I had never been. The moment I got home from school, I cried to my parents about how I wanted to go because I never been. They told me I have but I had no knowledge of this and that simply was just not enough. I wanted to go and I wanted to remember it. Literally, that day and a few hours later, they took me to Disneyland. I remember them getting on the phone, asking when the park closed, etc, etc and it was still daylight out when I got there (this is after school, remember). I don't remember the trip necessarily, but I remember going that day and I think that's under some interesting conditions of going to Disneyland for the first time (that I can remember at least). This was back in 1994 or so. I would have had to be at least 5, 6 or 7.

So how about you, what were the conditions of your first trip to the happiest place on earth? Was it a tourist outing? A local trip because you were old enough? A long distance road trip to get there? To make things interesting, keep the story to you being old enough remembering going for the first time (since I'm sure many of us went as babies and probably forgot, like me).

Re: What were the conditions of your first trip to Disneyland/DLR?

My first trip I was 25 years old! I did not get to go as a child but as the old saying goes I didn't know what I was missing. Once I went though, oh I was in love! My first trip was also my daughter's first trip, she was 3. My mom's good friend lived in California invited us to meet up with him at Disneyland. He sorta paid for the whole trip. We flew and got there on a Friday afternoon and we left Sunday afternoon. It was during Labor Day weekend. I remember it being a rushed weekend and right there and then I vowed to never go on a holiday weekend again. The lines were just too long for a 3 year old . . . and a 25 year old!
    T T F N . . .

Comment

I remember in 2001, I went with my grandma. I remember her taking me on the haunted mansion and I was afraid, I never wanted to go on it. I went on Soarin Over California and I was also afraid of that. We went on Indy and four girls in front of us were talking alot and in japanese, it was annoying me. I was only 5 so I didnt know. Indy surprisingly didnt scare me. We went on Pirates and Jungle cruise next, then we went on the Matterhorn and Peter Pan. It was and is her favorite ride there, that was all she was talking about. We then went on the teacups and dumbo. The day was beautiful and sunny, we ate at the pizza place in Tomorrowland.

Comment

I don't know...I think I was 2 at the time. I do remember wearing my ear hat constantly and my DL t-shirt.

Comment

I was 12

Big Thunder was still a few months away from opening

The Disneyland Hotel had a very cool Marina

Entered the park for the first time via Monorail.....everything was moving....Motor Boats, Autopias, Submarines, Skyways, Peoplemovers, Rocket Jets and even one of the buidlings....move, move, move. Fell in love before I even got off the Monorail
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

1975 or '76, probably '76. My dad worked for Mattel, & their Disney night (anyone else remember those?) was in November, right at my birthday, so that was part of my birthday present that year. I got my Madame Alexander Alice doll that year too. I don't remember much about the trip, just being excited, & the lights, all the beautiful lights...
            xo, Deanna

Comment

I was forced to go. I was attached to my mom by my umbilical cord.

Comment

my first trip fell when i was 13 the year was 1983 not to long im guessing after the first fantasyland redo,i remember hitting pirates first then the mansion,and getting the crap scard out of me someone in a mr hyde costume in the hallway of doors.and getting to ride Pinochio(in recent history thanks to some one here on MC i found out Pinochios Daring Journey was not a original fantasy land attraction but was part of the redo,)any hoo long story short..it was beyond anything i have ever seen,fell in love right from entering the park,to bad it was a4 hour drive from the valley for just a 1 day trip...and the 4 hour drive back...but Disneyland has been a part of my life since then
                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

It was Feb 2003. I was 19 and lived in Eugene, Oregon at the time going to the University of Oregon. Six friends of mine decided (on a whim) to drive down to the L.A. area to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain... we didn't even talk about going to Disneyland.

We left on a thursday night at 8pm and drove all night to So Cal... getting to the Magic Mountain area around 9 or 10am. We were so wired at the time, although we had not slept and one of my friends brought up staying up all day and going to Disneyland. We were all so full of redbull and delusional energy that we thought it would be a great idea! Everyone but me had been before - so I was also full of energy from the pure excitement of going to Disneyland for the first time EVER.

We got to the park around 11:30am and one of my friends told the ticket sales guy that she lived in So Cal... so we got into both Disneyland and Cali Adventure for a cheap price or something. We hopped between both parks all day... stopping for coffee along the way. The parks weren't crowded at all, which was nice... cause we got to go on almost everything we wanted to. I remember the Rivers of America being closed and walled off during this first trip too... Haha. Guess that was the last time they worked on it. We stayed until closing fireworks and then drove back up to the Magic Mountain area where our hotel was and passed out - only to wake up early the next day and go to Magic Mountain! I remember telling one Six Flags employee what we had done and she responded, "You all on speed or something!" Hahaha... we weren't... just excitement. After Six Flags... we drove all night back to Eugene, Oregon. It was one of the craziest weekends of my life and I'm surprised no one fell asleep at the wheel! Haha

Although the trip to Disney was amazing and incredibly magical (especially because I wanted to go during my entire childhood but never got to)... the whole trip was a bit of a haze due to being so sleep deprived.

My second trip was only a few months later when I went for Memorial Day weekend 2003... I've been hooked on Disney parks since.
                  Some friendly grammar tips:
                  --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
                  --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
                  --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
                  --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
                  --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
                  --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
                  --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

Comment

It was my 4th birthday! I don't remember all of it, but there are a few things that really stick in my mind..

*Adventures through Inner Space - the one and only time I rode it; I was fascinated by the giant eye (grew up to be a microbiologist - coincidence? hmmm..)
                    * I thought my parents were nuts for wanting to put me on a boat ride that went through a "living" whale's mouth (He blinks!! Are you nuts?). I believe I screamed and cried for the first 1/2 of the ride.
                    * Standing with my dad in the side street off of Main Street listening to the piano lessons, etc.
                    * Listening to the bear snore at the entrance to Bear Country
                    * Country Bear Jamboree!! I really miss this...
                    * Sitting for our silhouette portraits (my parents still have it).

I was hooked on the park from the first visit.

-Dr.A
                    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                    DW Trips: '08
                    International parks: Some day...

Comment

I have gone too many times but ever since I was in my moms tummy! The longest I have went without DLR was a year and that was 2005 . I remember putting a poster in my room which had a bunch of a characters on it with the castle in the back with Snow White to the left by a tree and I have yet to come across that poster in my life or on here . Sorry that was completely random!

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by MrSarcastic View Post

Although the trip to Disney was amazing and incredibly magical (especially because I wanted to go during my entire childhood but never got to)... the whole trip was a bit of a haze due to being so sleep deprived.
                        :thumbup:

Welcome to MiceChat btw
                        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

2004, I was a member of a small message board about nsync. Several of us lived in CA,and one member from Texas was going to DL, so we all met up with her! My second trip was to be a few months later w/some friends so I bought an AP...
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I must've been about 3-4. All I can remember is that it was a clear day.....and I was so scared to go on POTC that I wet myself.
                            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Thanks SleepyJeff!

I have followed MiceChat for YEARS but never really thought about joining/posting until recently.
                              Some friendly grammar tips:
                              --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
                              --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
                              --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
                              --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
                              --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
                              --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
                              --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X