This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] World of Color Soundtrack CD?

There was an inkling of this question on another thread. Most people here on MiceChat probably have a park soundtrack or two, especially for the parks' nighttime spectaculars. Maybe you've got a Fantasmic! CD or IllumiNations on your shelf? Well, the latest nighttime spectacular, Disney's World of Color, is opening in less than a month and I don't believe we've heard any news about a soundtrack CD being released, featuring the music of the presentation.

Do you think one will be sold? Do you think it will be popular? Will you pick one up?

We've heard little snippets in the videos that Disney has released, (my favorite piece being in the latest, "The Stage is Set for World of Color.")

How will the soundtrack be deviating from the original tunes that the show is based on? Do you think a soundtrack CD might feature a little something extra?

What do you think?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: World of Color Soundtrack CD?

There is a lot of WoC merch planned and I'm sure that a soundtrack is among it.

Most likley it'll be the most popular WoC merch ever. I would certainly buy one since I got the soundtrack for Fantasmic!.

As far as answering if the soundtrack will be different from the show, it should be largley intact.

In the Fantasmic! soundtrack, the narrator (or in this case the introducer) is ommited and cannon fire is added in the Peter Pan scene.

Since a lot was cut for the show, I would expect them to appear in the soundtrack as bonus tracks.

Heck, I want a CD/DvD combo. The Dvd can be a documentary about how WoC came to be.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I would hope so! But there haven't been ones recently for Parade of Dreams or Magical, so I wonder. But as TFE said, there is lots of merch planned and I would guess there will be a CD. But what happens when they change the scenes in the show? Do they release new CDs?

Comment

Considering how big WOC is going to be, I'm sure a soundtrack will be released eventually...assuming it's as popular as it's expected to be, which will probably be the case. At the very least, excerpts will have to show up on resort soundtracks within a few years.

Comment

Well maybe now they will release a Summer Nightastic CD now that we have World of Color.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
            But what happens when they change the scenes in the show? Do they release new CDs?
            I didn't think they were going to switch in new scenes and omit others, permanently. I know they will try and do extra shows.

Maybe it will be more like the fireworks shows: Totally new shows, using the same infrastructure. Not just big changes to the same show.
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
              I didn't think they were going to switch in new scenes and omit others, permanently. I know they will try and do extra shows.

Maybe it will be more like the fireworks shows: Totally new shows, using the same infrastructure. Not just big changes to the same show.
              not according to Steven Davison.. he said the plan is two swap out different scenes and replace them with new ones - to keep the show changing over time.
              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
                Well maybe now they will release a Summer Nightastic CD now that we have World of Color.
                That'll be cool!

I can see the track listings for a Nightastic! CD:

Disneyland Park
                1. Fantasmic!
                2. Fantasmic! Exit Music
                3. Magical!
                4. Pixie Hollow Light Show #1
                5. Pixie Hollow Light Show #2
                6. Pixie Hollow Light SHow #3
                7. Pixie Hollow Light Show #4

Disney's California Adventure

8. Disney's World of Color

Bonus Tracks:

9: Disney's World of Color Demo Theme Song
                10. Disney's World of Color: Colors of Wonderland Segment
                11. World of Color (1964 tv theme)

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                Indy Ride Count: 2211
                World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                  That'll be cool!

I can see the track listings for a Nightastic! CD:

Disneyland Park
                  1. Fantasmic!
                  2. Fantasmic! Exit Music
                  3. Magical!
                  4. Pixie Hollow Light Show #1
                  5. Pixie Hollow Light Show #2
                  6. Pixie Hollow Light Show #3
                  7. Pixie Hollow Light Show #4

Disney's California Adventure

8. Disney's World of Color

Bonus Tracks:

9: Disney's World of Color Demo Theme Song
                  10. Disney's World of Color: Colors of Wonderland Segment
                  11. World of Color (1964 tv theme)
                  I would so chuck out a good amount if this comes to be.
                  (Is a sucker for instrumental music)

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                    not according to Steven Davison.. he said the plan is two swap out different scenes and replace them with new ones - to keep the show changing over time.
                    Meh. I wonder how often then.
                    -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                      Meh. I wonder how often then.
                      Probably every time Disney wants to promote a new animated blockbuster if it fits into the flow of the show.

Comment

I've sent my letter in.
                        -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

I have one already.

That's a lie.
                          Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X