This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anthem of The Magic Kingdom

In keeping with Disneyland's imaginary sovereignty, does The Magic Kingdom deserve its own anthem and, if so, which would you choose?

I would like to see the "Baroque Hoedown" associated with Disneyland, as a whole, instead of just with the Electrical Parade.

That melody along with possibly a second theme, has the potential to be used as a trademark for Disneyland. And, I would like to hear more variations of the tune, especially in the Inner Lobby and at Central Plaza.

Generally-speaking, Disney does not use its impressive portfolio of music as much as The Company should.

Re: The Anthem of The Magic Kingdom

I believe it's "When You Wish Upon a Star"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton
      I believe it's "When You Wish Upon a Star"

actually its "Remember When" by Leanne Rymes
      Check your two disk set. It states its the official song of the DLR
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Offical 50th song. The anthem of Disneyland has always been and always will be "When you Wish Upon a Star"!

Comment

I think "When you Wish Upon a Star", whether it is the "official" theme or not, fits the resort perfectly. It sums up what the park was really about when Walt completed it, and what it is still about today.

Comment

What about that "When You Remember" song from the Music from the Parks CD? I mean, it's not official...but it's actually kinda cool in a swarmy kinda way.

Peace,
            Roo
            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I suggest a new theme called "Hey, Remember This?"

The cover art would feature the Electrical Parade rolling down Main Street, surrounded by Peoplemovers, Keel Boats, the mighty microscope, rocket jets on the roof, Country Bears and all the other rose-colored attractions that cause this crowd to go into a frenzy.

It pretty much defines everything DL has done from 2000-2005. Dangling carrots of nostalgia in front of everyone, but (aside from the subs) being too cheap to bring any of it back.

Comment

I think you're stuck with "When You Wish Upon A Star." The Electrical Parade music only works for night time for me. "When You Wish" has the history of "The Wonderful World Of Disney" as well as the sound track in the castle, etc. It was also what the producers chose for the 50th anniversary movie with Steve Martin. You can't make me believe that any other song, even it was written with that intent, would be the main thematic music for Disneyland...or "anthem."

Comment

Originally posted by scorsese
                  I think "When you Wish Upon a Star", whether it is the "official" theme or not, fits the resort perfectly. It sums up what the park was really about when Walt completed it, and what it is still about today.
                  Ditto!
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

What's that song that's played when the "grand marshalls" of the parade come down the parade route right before the "PoD"? It says stuff about Disneyland.

right?

(it's at least as forgettable as the LeeAnn Whines song)
                    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

They could use Queen's - We Will Rock You

Can you imagine a huge group of people walking down Main Street - stomping and clapping
                      stomp, stomp, clap
                      stomp, stomp, clap
                      HAHAHAHA - that would be sweet

Comment

I agree with DaddyB. If they were to find a new theme song, it should be the song from the new Grand Marshall Pre-Parade, which was from the "Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration" before POD opened.

All the lyrics are about "The Happiest Place On Earth." It's very fitting

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X