Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Silly Symphony Swings - now Open!

The Silly Symphony Swings were being tested at DCA yesterday (05-21-10)! My friend and I were hanging out in Paradise Park watching the techs work on the WOC platforms when I noticed the swings going. On closer inspection, the innermost row of swings have a yellow colored seat that is directly attached to a red seat. Does anyone know if this if for parents with small children, couples, or those of us that are more amply appointed ("I'm sorry sir, you'll have to buy two seats on this aircraft." comes to mind...)?

I quickly pulled out my ipod nano and shot some video of it (which I'll post if anyone wants to see it). As I was doing so we were approached by a suited CM, who spent 15 minutes talking to us about WOC and the swings. It seems all the CM's were taking their training walk-through on the new ride and this guy was pretty excited about doing it later. It was pretty cool to get to talk to a CM for that long without being rushed, interrupted, or brushed off (as compared to other theme parks in Southern California).

Alright, that's my geeky update.

-Tremellochick

Re: Silly Symphony Swings

That was you! I was the guy standing right by you watching the swings when you were filming

Comment

Please post the video!
      The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
      fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
      JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

Cool! I wanna see the video! Please and thank you!

Comment

The tandem seats have been there. They were added to the Stinger late 2008. They are only for 1 adult and 1 small child under the solo rider requirement of 48", but still above 40".

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...lion-more.html

Great for parents and kids, but the load times suffered since there is a separate queue for the seats, there are a limited number of them, and they are loaded first before the standard seats are loaded.

Comment

Awesome! I'm always afraid to ask someone if they are a Micechatter, lest I get more awkward stares as they back slowly away. I tend to get REALLY nerdy and the normals just don't know how to handle that much awkwardness!

Comment

Alright, here is the VERY FAR AWAY footage of the swings taken with my iPod nano. It's hard to see due to the harsh sunlight (sorry!) and by it's nature being an iPod, not a video camera. The ride lasts about a minute and a half. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhP_FvchaKw&feature=channel"]YouTube- Silly Symphony Swings[/ame]

And now for the outtakes:
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFE_025tgYg&feature=channel"]YouTube- Silly Symphony Swings Outtakes[/ame]

Once again, sorry for the poor quality!
              Last edited by Dustysage; 05-27-2010, 08:46 AM. Reason: video fixed

Comment

Dangit! How do I post a youtube video?

Here's the URL's:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhP_FvchaKw"]Silly Symphony Swings[/ame]

And the Outtake:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFE_025tgYg"]Silly Symphony Swings Outtakes[/ame]

Hopefully this will work for y'all.

Comment

Thanks for the video! I'm getting excited to see them reopen, and I don't even know the next time I'll be out there!
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Thanks for posting!
                    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

Thanks for the vids! Should be a great ride!

Comment

looks good it will be open when im there so it should look great
                        "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Hey thanks for the post. You actually answered a question I had about kids above 40", but below 48". Hopefully, this will "feel" more like a special attraction, as opposed to just another carnival swing ride.
                          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

I may have totally missed this somewhere else, but has the opening date been announced?

Comment

Originally posted by mondo
                              I saw pics on Disneygeek.com of it at night. I doesn't look like the Mickey on top is lit up.
                              I think they're going to have it lit up, It's just not ready yet, I guess.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X