This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New items at the Candy Palace

Went by the Candy Palace Saturday and saw a sign in the window I had never seen before. Candy Sticks. I went inside and they were just starting. It is the same process as the candy canes. Only difference is the flavors. It was cherry and butterscotch. It took about an hour and half to make the sticks. The CM said that it was the first time since 1986 they had made these. Only 40 made per batch,2 times a day. Cost was about $10. The next date is July 2nd or 3rd they said. Also they told me about the new box of 6 mini cup cakes for $6.95. It has double chocolate, red velvet,vanilla coconut,carrot cake and 2 others. Just be sure to eat them right away, I waited a couple of hours and frosting came off the cup cakes

ADMIN NOTE: Update from Sue Kruse below

The candy sticks are big, they're the size of the candy canes that Disneyland makes at Christmas, they just aren't candy cane- shaped. They cost $9.95 for one but since they are over 11-inches long and roughly 1 1/4-inches in diameter & are handmade, the cost really isn't out of line. The orange-colored candy sticks are butterscotch flavored & the red, white, and blue striped candy sticks are cherry flavored. And ... they're pretty yummy.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-26-2010, 07:12 AM. Reason: Updated info added

Re: New items at the Candy Palace

Wow.. pricey cupcakes! Sorry about the frosting

Cool about the candy sticks!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

mmm a butterscotch candy cane sounds yummy! thanks for the candy update

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

the cupcakes sound awesome.
        ill have to check out candy palace next week
        My Art site
        http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

what is a candy stick? is it like those long lollipop swirls without the wooden stick? confused
          -plagued

Comment

mmmm, sounds so good! i'll have to look for these next time.

Originally posted by plagued View Post
            what is a candy stick? is it like those long lollipop swirls without the wooden stick? confused
            here's a picture

http://www.balloonees.com/images/par...y%20sticks.bmp
            "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

Comment

ahh i see now. nice! i usually associated those kinds of candy with See's as i haven't really seen candy sticks anywhere else
              -plagued

Comment

You said the candy sticks are $10?? For how many? That seems like an outrageous price.

Facebook me!
                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

The candy sticks are big, they're the size of the candy canes that Disneyland makes at Christmas, they just aren't candy cane- shaped. They cost $9.95 for one but since they are over 11-inches long and roughly 1 1/4-inches in diameter & are handmade, the cost really isn't out of line. The orange-colored candy sticks are butterscotch flavored & the red, white, and blue striped candy sticks are cherry flavored. And ... they're pretty yummy.

Comment

Must...Have...Butterscotch...
                    Jessica: Oh! My hero. [Walks past Valiant] Oh, Honey Bunny!
                    Roger: Oh, Lovecup!
                    2010 Gumball Rally LITE! *The Five Best Friends That Anyone Could Have!*
                    2011 Gumball Rally! *Cruisin' Bayou Tours*
                    Twitter!

Comment

Mmmm! Those look so good! Anyone want to buy one and mail to me?! lol

Comment

My goodness, I didn't realize that candy sticks had gone so far out of fashion that people don't even know what they are anymore. I saw on the Roundup that the candy hadn't been offered in 25 years... I figured that was back in ancient times, but when I saw the year 1986 I just about flipped. I guess it really has been a quarter decade since then.

It's really great they brought these classic pieces of candy back! We always got the best of everything back in the 1980's... best toys, candy, cartoons, and Disneyland attractions. It's time that today's kids are introduced to the stuff that made being a kid so fun decades ago. And the fact that its unique to Disneyland just makes it that much more special, it is what separates Disneyland from everything else.

The size is kind of disconcerting though. Dentists everywhere will rejoice at the bill run-up of cavities this thing will produce by the time a 10-year old is finished with it, lol! But seriously, THIS is what it takes to be a kid, you need indulgences like this because you only get a little bit of childhood to attend Disneyland.

Comment

YUM! Gonna have to check these out when I come in July.

Comment

I'm hoping for peppermint by the time I get there in July for the Disneyana Convention!
                            sigpic
                            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Looks so good!
                              Thanks for the picture Sue
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain