Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Adventure gets new logo, slight name change.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News California Adventure gets new logo, slight name change.

Disney unveiled the new World of Color TV spot on the official DisneyParks Blog today, but along with it they made special mention of the new California Adventure logo.

Interestingly, the park's name has also changed. It's no longer Disney's California Adventure, but instead just Disney California Adventure.

I kind of like the logo. It definitely helps set the tone for the park's new direction — it's very reminiscent of early Disney cartoons, which is a perfect for Paradise Pier and the era that will encompass Buena Vista Street and Hollywoodland.

The name change is an interesting move for Disney. The change is subtle, but allows Disney to have the thematic freedom they need with this park. The possesive "Disney's" seemed to imply it was Disney's park based on California; which would leave one to expect a park based on a historical California, which is something that was never accomplished at DCA. The new name, lacking the possesive 's, now implies that it's a Disney-themed California experience. With the infusion of Disney characters and stories throughout the park, this name change makes perfect sense.

Here's a look at the new logo and a look at the previous two official logos.

Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: California Adventure gets new logo, slight name change.

How long until the letter's in front of DCA are gone?

Comment

don't like it at all.
      :ap: Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post

The name change is an interesting move for Disney. The change is subtle, but allows Disney to have the thematic freedom they need with this park. The possesive "Disney's" implied that the park was Disney's park based on the California, which would leave one to expect a park based on a historical California, which is something that was never accomplished at DCA. The new name, lacking the possesive 's

It's funny I said almost the exact same thing in the Tracker about a half an hour ago. Great minds think alike I guess! Although you definitely can word things better than I can!

Anyway, I think both these changes are positive changes for the park.

Comment

Doesn't quite feel like a logo to me. Feels to kiddy for a theme park that seems to be built with young adults in mind.

Comment

I like that the PARK is gone...

Comment

I think Walt's ghost told them "I had nothing to do with this, I want that made perfectly clear"

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Hehe. Everybody's talking about DCA losing the "'s" and a whole word is gone and few notice. Gotta love it.

Comment

I have to agree, I think (I need time).
                  Not sure it fits the park (and event at the park, but not sure the park)
                  but I do see where they are trying to come from.
                  I think it will just take time to get use to.
                  When seeing it I think of a cartoon studio...and if that's the new direction..then it fits.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

The name change is ok I guess, though I find if kind of pointless, but I really don't like that logo very much. The commerical is pretty cool though.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                      I do too
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                        I think Walt's ghost told them "I had nothing to do with this, I want that made perfectly clear"
                        I had nothing to do with this, I want that made perfectly clear

Comment

Let's see... Disney Land, Disney World, Disney California Adventure... They should also drop the "Adventure" in the name as well. Just Disney California.
                          Galactic Member

Comment

Originally posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
                            I had nothing to do with this, I want that made perfectly clear
                            Consider it noted

Comment

What is interesting to me is the commercial. They seem to finally be specifically mentioning California Adventure and not just "Disneyland Resort." This is a major change of direction for them. I like to new logo, but also, when I first saw it, made me think of a kiddy park.. Good changes overall though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X