Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Hey APer's! How long will you wait?

Ok, my best friend and I get into this argument EVERY time we go to the parks... How long of a line is too long to wait in?

This only comes up on Space Mountain. He has a dying need to ride it multiple times despite 55 minute (or longer) wait times. Now before I am called an irrational, fickle woman, I want you all to know that we have had AP's for several years now, and the ride itself has not changed. I enjoy Space Mountain, but once a trip is fine, especially at costing an hour of my time each time we ride. I would much rather spend that "multiple wait" time ambling around ROA and NOS. If the approximate wait time was 35 minutes or shorter, I would be more than happy to wait for a second ride, but eating up an hour of my one day vacation once a month is ridiculous.

(Oh, and the wait time is relative to the ride. 5 minute wait for Jungle Cruise? YEAH! 25 minute wait for Jungle Cruise? NO!)

So what's your wait time limit? An hour? Two?

Re: Hey APer's! How long will you wait?

another
    how long is too long
    of a thread

If I like the attraction
    it's no line will stop me
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

I'm no longer an APer, but either way, I will usually wait for about 20-25 minutes for my favorite rides.

If something is new I am willing to wait about an hour.

Comment

If its a new ride, I can wait long time (I remember waiting for 3 hours for Pooh at TDL...I wouldnt wait 20 mins for the DLR version )

But if you are just talking in general for rides, then around 30 mins normally. But I've gotten so reliant on FP, any of those rides if they are more than 30 minutes, then I just grab a FP and go back later.
        Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-03-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

not very long, maybe 30 minutes tops, it varies by who I'm with though, if I go with non APer friends I'll wait for what they want to go on but if I'm with my fellow APers we tend not to wait any longer then 30 minutes

Comment

For me, I think that it depends on which ride. If it's Splash Mountain and it has an hour or so wait then I'll probably stand in line for that, but if it goes over two hours or more then I won't, especially on a hot day because it does stink waiting outside under the scorching sun for a couple hours. And then if it's something else like Gadget's Go Coaster that has a pretty lengthy wait but the ride itself is only like 10-15 seconds long, then I wouldn't want to wait for it.

Comment

I'm not an AP'er nor a frequent visitor, however my limit is about 20 minutes. The exceptions would be Peter Pan and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I don't think I've ever experienced a wait time less than 20-25 minutes for those two rides. Fastpass has spoiled me.
              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                another
                how long is too long
                of a thread

If I like the attraction
                it's no line will stop me
                Can't expect popular topics/questions not to be repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by cablubber View Post
                  For me, I think that it depends on which ride. If it's Splash Mountain and it has an hour or so wait then I'll probably stand in line for that, but if it goes over two hours or more then I won't, especially on a hot day because it does stink waiting outside under the scorching sun for a couple hours. And then if it's something else like Gadget's Go Coaster that has a pretty lengthy wait but the ride itself is only like 10-15 seconds long, then I wouldn't want to wait for it.
                  Its funny Splash is ALWAYS the shortest line for me because I only ride it after 9 pm now . You never get THAT wet to begin with (sometimes you get a little doused, but its rare for me) and its never THAT cold in O.C. but its a guaranteed 5 min wait or less basically after a certain hour and I always ride it then. I think the last time I rode Splash in the day (at DL, not WDW or TDL) was around 2002 maybe. I see the HUGE lines and I tell myself 'why' when you dont get that wet on a hot day and I rather just do it at night.

That said, I'm not saying people SHOULDNT ride it in the day or long lines of course, but I do like how so much of my day is saved automatically just by waiting at night for it.

Comment

I don't have a set wait time limit. I have waited 3 - 5 hours on opening day of a new attraction. On regular weekly visits, if I am in a good mood, I'll jump in an hour to 90 minute line because I don't have to worry about running from attraction to attraction to get them all in in one day. Other days especially if the park(s) is packed, I will just go on attractions with small wait times (usually things I wouldn't normally go on). Others if it's REALLY crowded, I'll grab a coffee, soda, snack and just sit, people watch and enjoy the atmosphere.

Comment

I can wait 1 hour, 2 hours...my wife has a short half life of about 20-25 minutes. My daughter just has fun.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

As an APer I don't have to wait. I just walk to the front of the line and demand they let me ride now!

Why should I wait like the non APers do. It states on the back of my AP that I'm entitled. I also use my AP to cut in line at the grocery store and bank. But it really comes in handy at the tram. I get to ride up front with the driver!
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                          As an APer I don't have to wait. I just walk to the front of the line and demand they let me ride now!

Why should I wait like the non APers do. It states on the back of my AP that I'm entitled. I also use my AP to cut in line at the grocery store and bank. But it really comes in handy at the tram. I get to ride up front with the driver!
                          I like your style!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremellochick View Post
                            Ok, my best friend and I get into this argument EVERY time we go to the parks... How long of a line is too long to wait in?

This only comes up on Space Mountain. He has a dying need to ride it multiple times despite 55 minute (or longer) wait times. Now before I am called an irrational, fickle woman, I want you all to know that we have had AP's for several years now, and the ride itself has not changed. I enjoy Space Mountain, but once a trip is fine, especially at costing an hour of my time each time we ride. I would much rather spend that "multiple wait" time ambling around ROA and NOS. If the approximate wait time was 35 minutes or shorter, I would be more than happy to wait for a second ride, but eating up an hour of my one day vacation once a month is ridiculous.

(Oh, and the wait time is relative to the ride. 5 minute wait for Jungle Cruise? YEAH! 25 minute wait for Jungle Cruise? NO!)

So what's your wait time limit? An hour? Two?
                            Bigger question: Is he really worth this much hassle?
                            I might call you irrational (not for your Space Mountain opinion, which is exactly correct, but for your obsequiety toward this friend), but I will also suggest that you should be slightly MORE fickle when it comes to choosing a "best friend."

Just wish him well, and meet up with him for lunch in a few hours while you do things YOU want to do at DL.

Personally, I like to go on Space twice: pick up a fastpass in the morning AND ride it right then, then use the fastpass later, as the last ride of the day.

Comment

Well, I try not to go on super busy days, but I gauge it on relation to how busy it is on the park. I'd say an hour at most... usually that ends up being Space Mountain. My only problem with long waits for SM is that of all the rides, that seems to be the one that "breaks down" most regularly, so you're always rolling the dice when you stand in a long line for it. Luckily it's usually only a 15 minute wait for it to resume, but still.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X