This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Play Fountains in Paradise Park

Not sure if i got the area name right, but im sure people will know what I'm referring to.

Anyways, the fountains were turned on today and were being tested with the guests.

In the early hours of DCA's opening, well dressed CMs were watching the fountains in action and I was assuming things were just being tested for the summer to ensure proper working order, but after riding TSMM, guests were surrounding the fountains and playing in them...not in the masses, but people were there.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment...

The details for these fountains? Well, there are a few different patterns it goes through: misters, fans, and random "jets" of water just squirting out of the ground. They showed them as individual fountains and in sometimes would mix the two and have water jets spitting out in circles with the fans and misters turned on.

The fountains don't shoot up that high as the images show, but I did stand in the misters for a few seconds to get my photo with them and I did get my pants fairly wet, so do come a hot summer day, the water here would surely be a popular destination spot.

Re: Play Fountains in Paradise Park

Well, the photos look nice. I imagine they'll end up having the same problem as Cosmic Waves, though, in the long run....

Also....

Outdoormalloutdoormalloutdoormalloutdoormall.

There, I said it. Oh well.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
      Well, the photos look nice. I imagine they'll end up having the same problem as Cosmic Waves, though, in the long run....
      I was thinking the same thing, but maybe not. They do have that water play ares in bugs land. Does it have issues?

Comment

Also....

Yeah, this will definitely be an issue. I'm not sure what Disney was thinking in the first place of putting them in after seeing what happened with Cosmic Waves, but who knows...maybe they've got a plan up their sleeves that doesn't include the closure of these fountains?

Comment

Either way, it's nice to see them finally on and near ready for guests to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I was thinking the same thing, but maybe not. They do have that water play ares in bugs land. Does it have issues?
            They do, and can't speak to issues there...but Bugs Land is tucked away in an area kind of seen as "for children", so you don't get the teenagers and adults as much interacting with those fountains. Also..the area is compact, with bathrooms right there in case of cleaning up small children who got soaked. Paradise Park is right in the middle of a large public area basically everyone passes by. This does make a difference, I am sure.

Comment

Also....

Like the one out in Orlando's Downtown Disney? Oh, wait, no, this one looks a lot nicer.

Comment

Like I said, they look nice in photos, and decently designed. But I can't imagine not having the same exact issues as Tomorrowland plaza did, unless there's a cast member there saying "STOP PLAYING IN THE FOUNTAINS." (not likely at all).

Comment

I will admit... in August I have used the kids Bugs land water park.
                  There is not enough shade @ DCA yet for my taste.
                  This PPP area looks beautiful and much needed for summer. The only other place to get wet is GRR !.
                  Also, I wonder if it will be used in WoC somehow??? just thinkin???
                  without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

Comment

I love it!!!!! I don't think that it will smell because instead of using that playground material as flooring that cosmic waves had, it uses stone. The only downside, wet stone=slippery, slippery=someone falling and getting hurt, that=disney getting sued and the deactivation of the fountains.
                    I hope that doesn't happen. One question though, does anyone know why the second tier in the background of the pics is blocked off?
                    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

Originally posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
                      Also, I wonder if it will be used in WoC somehow??? just thinkin???
                      Oh, I can imagine that now.... Interactive! Feel like you're in the show!!

That would be pricelessly hilarious, if a horrible idea...people standing there, and at a key moment, turn the fountains on in time with the show/lagoon fountains...

Comment

Kinda like what they used to have over by Space Mountain! I miss those!

Comment

Can someone show on a map where these are?

Comment

Uggg! This is another unthemed lame water play area found in nearly every shopping area around the country. With Little Mermaid going in right there, Why couldn't they have a New King Triton jumping fountain area, near the exit of Little Mermaid ?!?!?!?!? At least TRY to give it a theme like in Bug's land.

And to top it off they place it nearby some stairs . . . . who's brilliant idea was THAT?!?!??

If people want to get wet, that's what the swimming pools at the hotels are for.

As for the SMELL of those fountains, on a hot summer day, the chlorine fumes can knock you out.
                            Last edited by Aladdin; 06-03-2010, 05:45 PM.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I do have to agree, it does look like a potential slip hazard! I do like the open design of it, I can imagine an unsuspecting guest wrapped up in their Iphone walking through that area and getting a nice blast of water!! LOL
                              Yaye!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X