This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Mickey's Halloween Party

I know there's been a lot of discussion here about this. My question is pretty simple. Is it worth the money? It would cost me $176 for a family of 4, and on top of all the other expenses...is it worth that kind of cash? I'm seeking out opinions from past go-ers, or anyone with an opinion! Thanks!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party

Well, it depends on what else you would spend it on, if you didn't spend it on the Halloween Party. I pretty much like to check out everything that DL has to offer, Of course, if you go, to really make it worth while, it is more fun to come in costumes.

Have you been to either DL or WDW Halloween Party before? If not, you might want to consider it, as a new experience. Of course the full entertainment line up hasn't been announced, so we don't know if there wil be a Halloween Cavalcade or Parade this year. Previous years had a cavalcade (an extremely SHORT parade) This year, as you are probably already aware, they will try to shoot off the halloween fireworks only at the party, and only if the weather/winds cooperate.

They will have trick or treat stations for getting some goodies, but for the price of tickets this year, you should really be going for the entire experience, not for the treats.

They will have character meet and greets, BUT with a larger capacity at DL this year (compared to the attendance they allowed in DCA) We don't know if DL will be increasing the number of characters proportionally with the size of the crowd.

It really depends on what you are expecting for your bucks. This year the price went up substantially, and I would have a difficult time supporting the cost of the event, for what we know at this point.

You say you have a family of 4. Any kids? Are they of trick or treating age? There are are lot of personal aspects as to whether or not it's worthwhile.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I attended the one in 2006 at DCA........it was worth it.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Well, if you or your children like to dress up, run around with characters, jump on rides all dressed up, its totally worth it, if none of that sounds appealing, dont bother.

Comment

For me and my friends/family it has become a tradition. Not real pleased about the cost now...but since it's something we look forward to every year (and always go on Halloween when it's offered), we just got our tickets.

It all depends, for us getting in costume and running around is the most fun...so is trick-or-treating as an adult. The dance and other events are also a blast.

So for me, worth the money. But, that is each individual's call.
          Originally posted by migo
          I poop with joy!
          Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Ok fellow Micechatters, I took your advice. I really hope that this Halloween party is worth it. I just dropped $176 on tickets. I guess my hope is that nearly all the attractions will be open. The Disneyland rep I spoke with said a "majority"...so I'm hoping that the "majority" of attractions will be open. I'd hate to drop that kind of cash for some fireworks and candy, only to find whole lands closed down.

Don't let me down Disney!!!

Oh...I think that was my 500th post! Yeah for me!
            Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X