Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind The Scenes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind The Scenes

have any of you bought this DVD? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036K9CLO/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_02]Amazon.com: Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes [Blu-ray plus DVD and Digital Copy]: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Walt Disney, Lightship Productions: Movies & TV[/ame]

if so, could you please give me a review on it?

If you have not, which are some of the best DVDs on Disneyland?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Re: Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind The Scenes

This is the only Disneyland DVD I have and will say I love it. It's filled with historical fun facts of the parks, but probably you won't learn anything new.

The really great parts of this is the time-lapse construction shots of the park with commentary with Tony Baxter, some of which can be found on YouTube. It also feature some Disneyland episodes which was fun to watch.

Edit: looks like the one I have is the walt Disney treasures copy and may slightly differ in content to this one.
    Last edited by ryanvalle; 06-06-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I have a Walt Disney Treasures DVD with the opening day footage, which is the only Disneyland DVD that I have. It's great.

Comment

I saw this at barnes and noble the other day when I was looking for the new Imagineering book. I already owned the Walt Disney Treasures Disneyland DVD, so I figured I didn't need it. Is it any different than any other of the DL DVDs? They all seem to be the same basic info told in different manners.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
          I saw this at barnes and noble the other day when I was looking for the new Imagineering book. I already owned the Walt Disney Treasures Disneyland DVD, so I figured I didn't need it. Is it any different than any other of the DL DVDs? They all seem to be the same basic info told in different manners.
          Did Barnes & Noble happen to have the book, by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
            Did Barnes & Noble happen to have the book, by any chance?

They do have them online I just saw they got them in stock again by my B&N so I am gonna head down there right now.

Comment

I also own the Treasures DVD "Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic"
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Treasures-Disneyland-Collectors/dp/B000VE4UCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275859532&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic (Collector's Tin): Milt Albright, Julie Andrews, Roy Edward Disney, Walt Disney, Michael Eisner, George Lucas, Bob Garner, Pete Schuermann: Movies & TV[/ame]

It's out-of-print, but a great set featuring hours of footage. I hadn't heard of this newer Blu-ray/DVD until now, I would also like to know if it's worth getting. The three reviews on amazon are all positive. I will most likely end up buying this with the new Imagineering book also.

Another great Disneyland DVD is "Imagineering the Magic", which I believe is only sold at the parks.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the version to get is the 6-disc DVD set. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036K9CM8/ref=cm_rdp_product"]Amazon.com: Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes…[/ame]

The blu-ray version only has three features, and the DVDs have those plus an additional 3. You're missing out on HD quality, but you get more content.
              Last edited by JFSebastian; 06-06-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                They do have them online I just saw they got them in stock again by my B&N so I am gonna head down there right now.
                Found out that they have it in stock at mine too. I'm going down right now!

Originally posted by JFSebastian View Post
                I also own the Treasures DVD "Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic"
                Amazon.com: Walt Disney Treasures - Disneyland - Secrets, Stories & Magic (Collector's Tin): Milt Albright, Julie Andrews, Roy Edward Disney, Walt Disney, Michael Eisner, George Lucas, Bob Garner, Pete Schuermann: Movies & TV

It's out-of-print, but a great set featuring hours of footage. I hadn't heard of this newer Blu-ray/DVD until now, I would also like to know if it's worth getting. The three reviews on amazon are all positive. I will most likely end up buying this with the new Imagineering book also.

Another great Disneyland DVD is "Imagineering the Magic", which I believe is only sold at the parks.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the version to get is the 6-disc DVD set. Amazon.com: Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes…

The blu-ray version only has three features, and the DVDs have those plus an additional 3. You're missing out on HD quality, but you get more content.
                Thanks for the tip! I'll buy the DVD 6-disc instead.

(I finally figured out how to use the multi-quote button. )

Comment

I saw it..its ok seemed more like a commercial then behind the scenes stuff. still worth a rent from Netflik's.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
                    Found out that they have it in stock at mine too. I'm going down right now!
                    Their computer said they had them in stock but they LOST THEM! GRRR I was so mad. Then I went to the Disney Store at DTD, the people there hadn't have even heard of the Imagineering book.

Comment

I rented the whole series on Netflix. I think they are re-edited versions of shows that were originally produced for the Travel Channel. There's a lot of repeated information on each DVD and some of it is already out of date. Personally, I wouldn't buy this series. It is worth watching if you have Netflix.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X