Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Glow Fest Set-Up

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Glow Fest Set-Up

I was in DCA this morning for the WoC pin release and noticed all the stuff they put in for Glow Fest. It is really a lot more intrusive than I imagined.

Every other one of the light towers has a "Pardon our Pixie Dust" sign so I imagine they might be in the process of adding more stuff. There is also a stage set-up in front of the Sun sculpture in the entrance plaza, but I didn't think to take a picture of that.

Re: Glow Fest Set-Up

thx for the pic.
    looks nice, it matches the rest of the park

Comment

Well thank you for the pictures.

I still cannot say I am a fan. It looks like Disney went on a shopping spree at Party City.
      Last edited by Ice101; 06-06-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Looks pretty much like what I thought it would.... printed pictures on large columns with blacklights shining down on them to give them a "glow" effect. Nothing really "glowing" about them.

Comment

Wow, that looks utterly terrible.

Comment

Why is everything angled back?? It bugs me! Trees, lampposts, buildings... all angled back a few degrees.

Comment

Me no likey.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                looks nice, it matches the rest of the park
                :lmao: :lol: :lmao:
                -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                  Well thank you for the pictures.

I still cannot say I am a fan. It looks like Disney went on a shopping spree at Party City.
                  Yeah, I was thinking they would have something that would be less noticeable during the day. The way it is now really takes away from the theming in the area. Not only are there now big, neon colored towers lining the streets, but there are a bunch of cables criss crossing overhead. I'm not sure if they are just there for stability or if things will be hung from them later on. I really can't imagine this returning in subsequent years if they start putting money into this area of the park.

And the stage I mentioned in the entrance plaza is World of Color themed. I'm not sure if it will also be used for Glow Fest or if it is just there for the WoC media event.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                    Agreed. :yuck:

Comment

Meh, I don't hate it. It doesn't look fantastic. But I am glad it's temporary and should add some fun to the HPB at night this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ice101 View Post
                        well thank you for the pictures.

I still cannot say i am a fan. It looks like disney went on a shopping spree at party city.
                        lol

Comment

I admit, it doesn't look that good in the day light. And people will have to see it in the daytime.

But...these are meant to be viewed at night, with lighting elements, and such. Not fantastic looking, but one might take that into consideration still, and we haven't seen them as of yet in their intended display mode.
                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Doesn't look totally awesome, but I think once the nighttime rolls around, it'll look A LOT better. It's not meant for the daytime, that's why everything looks lame. I'm excited to see what this whole thing is like, and then I'll judge it. I did make fun of it on my blog, but that was more directed at the concept art. This, actually looks better than I had thought it would.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X