Not allowed in costume for trick or treat party, early entry!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlohaStitch
    "Always On The Move..."
    • Jun 2005

Re: Not allowed in costume for trick or treat party, early entry!

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Ummmmmmm! You haven't seen AlohaStichs' transformation! It is uncanny and I think they would be a little concerned if AlohaStich walked in with a dress and makeup!!!

My makeup will take about 3 hours as well. Costume alone is about 45 minutes. Not to mention the props that are carried!

The below siggie picture takes about 2 hours for makeup!

LOL..Thanks for the complement! And, Yes, If I walked in in a dress and makeup...they would be more than a little concerned! ROFL!

Your makeup is awesome as well! Can hardly wait for the good Captain to make his appearance!!!
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

• 4Apples4Disney
      Seeker of Fun
      • Jul 2009

I too received some mixed information. I think it's just an issue of upper management not having everything nailed down yet. I bought tickets, but am still concerned regarding how many attractions will be open. I was told that "most" will be open...but they did not know which ones. I hope that certain lands are not closed off, that would not be good!
      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

• usc_imangineer
        New MiceChatter
        • Jun 2007

Printed out my tickets and it states that during regular park hours now guest over 9 years is allowed to wear a costume.

Comment

• WatchYourHeadNStep
          Banned User
          • Jul 2005

Well I guess there will be numerous children running around Disneyland by themselves as costumed parents patiently stand outside the turn styles awaiting entry!!!) Lucky 9 year olds and below!!

Comment

• Fish_in_water
            Banned User
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by usc_imangineer View Post
            Printed out my tickets and it states that during regular park hours now guest over 9 years is allowed to wear a costume.
            Something makes me think, that this is during days party is NOT going on/before 3PM/4PM...

when it seems like the CMs that "know" without putting me on hold, say no costumes before 7. but when a CM puts me on hold to "find out" they come back saying yes.

ive called 5 times btw, gotten 3 yes's 2 no's

Comment

• jenhopeful
              New MiceChatter
              • May 2010

This has gotten so confusing I wonder how many people are thinking about going somewhere for the Halloween festivities. I don't understand how they can open up for early entry and not expect you to be in costume. That is the strangest thing I think I've ever heard...

Comment

• usc_imangineer
                New MiceChatter
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by jenhopeful View Post
                This has gotten so confusing I wonder how many people are thinking about going somewhere for the Halloween festivities. I don't understand how they can open up for early entry and not expect you to be in costume. That is the strangest thing I think I've ever heard...
                I like it a "Pre-Halloween Party" Halloween Party. Just name the place I will be there, or maybe we can go trick or treating in the hotels. That would be a lot of doors.

Comment

• Fish_in_water
                  Banned User
                  • Apr 2010

god. this is so crazy, disney would release this information solidly. the tickets are on sale to AP holders, dates have been released, the early entry system has been released, but somehow nobody knows if we can wear a costume in that 3PM/4PM - 7PM gap.. even with a wristband ticket, etc.. -.-

Comment

• emitopher
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by renthead09 View Post
                    Has anyone ever gone in costume as a CM? Could you answer a question or would they kick you out. You could have plaids everywhere. Hmmmmmm.

DD, age 8, has a full plaid costume which she wears every once in a while to the park. On our last trip, they did not want to let her in at the gate. We went through 3 different CM's at the gate before I looked up the policy on my phone and showed it to them. Heck, she wasn't pretending to be a plaid, she is only 8! She is nervous now to go in costume as anything Disney to the Halloween Party.

Comment

• DubiousEndeavors
                      let's talk Disney, okay!
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by emitopher View Post
                      DD, age 8, has a full plaid costume which she wears every once in a while to the park. On our last trip, they did not want to let her in at the gate. We went through 3 different CM's at the gate before I looked up the policy on my phone and showed it to them. Heck, she wasn't pretending to be a plaid, she is only 8! She is nervous now to go in costume as anything Disney to the Halloween Party.
                      I've seen her! I thought it was adorable!

I can't believe they put up such a fight!
                      The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

• PhotoMatt
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

But then that creates the question of how the heck are they going to evict Regular Park guests when the party starts???????????

I looked and did not see this answered. I'm pretty sure they will do it the same way they do it at WDW. Each guest will get a wristband and they will have teams of CM's that will sweep the park starting at the outer areas. They will also have checkpoints that no one can pass unless they have wristbands. About an hour or 90 minutes after the park closes only the people with wristbands remain.

Comment

• Walt's Ghost
                          Resident Ghost
                          • Nov 2006

... isn't this event 4 months away? Disney doesn't even know what times WoC is going to play until 1.5 weeks prior...

Comment

• Fish_in_water
                            Banned User
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
                            ... isn't this event 4 months away? Disney doesn't even know what times WoC is going to play until 1.5 weeks prior...
                            yeah WoC didn't involve tickets, being sold for JUST world of color, tickets are on sale to some people (AP holders) and soon go on sale to everyone. they need to get their facts straight before they sell tickets?!

Comment

• 4Apples4Disney
                              Seeker of Fun
                              • Jul 2009

So does anyone know exactly how much of the park will be open? My concern is that whole lands will be shut down, and only a small handful of attractions will be open. So far, I haven't heard any specifics, so I'm wondering if this is a find out when it happens deal.

Comment

• WatchYourHeadNStep
                                Banned User
                                • Jul 2005

I'm sure most of the park will be open for rides. I would think that some of the hard to get places would be closed such as TSI and perhaps Toontown. That way Disney doesn't have to post CMs and security in those regions. If memory serves me right (I'm getting old ya know) that in 1995 most all the Lands and rides were open. I hope the Columbia and Mark Twain will be running!!!

Candy stations may be limited to certain areas so that Disney doesn't have to give out as much. DCA event cut back the candy amounts tremendously over the years. Something to do with being healthy or childhood obesity or some garbage like that........

Comment

• Diznygrl
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Apr 2010

The DisneyParks Blog said that they would be adding more trick or treat stations this year, so hopefully that doesn't mean just one or two. I'm also hoping with the increased ticket price that there will be more chocolate and less cheap stuff, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Comment

• Fish_in_water
                                    Banned User
                                    • Apr 2010

oh yay my old topic is bring brought back to life WELL i would hope that disney does 3 things:

1) Make halloween screams not exclusive, and re-work it enough to be special to party guests, but not so much that it angers normal park guests,

2) Add more party nights

3) make sure they add more characters/treat stations/decorations for how many people are going to be attending. i dont want to see the fab 5 and the villains out, no one else. and have to wait 2 hours to get a handfull of candy at one, of 3 stations.

Oh and also Expand DCA's hours, and give it some extra halloween flair.

i think thats reasonable isn't it?

Comment

• 4Apples4Disney
                                      Seeker of Fun
                                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
                                      I'm sure most of the park will be open for rides. I would think that some of the hard to get places would be closed such as TSI and perhaps Toontown. That way Disney doesn't have to post CMs and security in those regions. If memory serves me right (I'm getting old ya know) that in 1995 most all the Lands and rides were open. I hope the Columbia and Mark Twain will be running!!!

Candy stations may be limited to certain areas so that Disney doesn't have to give out as much. DCA event cut back the candy amounts tremendously over the years. Something to do with being healthy or childhood obesity or some garbage like that........
                                      Hey thanks for sharing! I hadn't thought about areas like TSI, good point. I'm personally hoping that Pirates and Splash will be open!

Comment

• WatchYourHeadNStep
                                        Banned User
                                        • Jul 2005

Oh POTC better be open!!! Where else can a Guiness Book of Records be held for the most Captain Jack's ever assembled!? More to come on that note!!

Comment

• golden redhead
                                          WDW CM & HM fan
                                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
                                          I was thinking the same thing, as DLP hasn't realeased anything that I can find about their event yet.
                                          AKA doombuggy
                                          1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X