This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Before big thunder mountain

I've been meaning to ask what was before BTMRR? Ik this cave was apart of it, and when you go around the river you can still see tracks from what was previously there. But what exactly was it? Maybe include some pics in the answer? Thanks!

Re: Before big thunder mountain

Daveland Disneyland Nature's Wonderland Photo Page
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

It was a ride called 'Mine Train through Natures Wonderland'. Some pix of it can be found at Daveland Disneyland Nature's Wonderland Photo Page
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

It's at Yesterland too:

Mine Train at Yesterland

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suBRQUZtNUU]YouTube - Disneyland Update - Lost Secrets of Disneyland[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
            It was a ride called 'Mine Train through Natures Wonderland'. Some pix of it can be found at Daveland Disneyland Nature's Wonderland Photo Page
            I admire how your mind works

Comment

It was so much better before Big Boring Mountain.

Comment

Comment

lots of threads on the mine train.

Looks like several ppl were very nice to re-post what has been put in those threads.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

I loved the video, sleepyjeff. Being born in 1988, Nature's Wonderland is the ride from yesterland I would've wanted to experience the most. I'm truly sad that I was never able to ride it.

Comment

The attraction in Yesterland I wish I could have ridden the most!

Thanks for the video, sleepyjeff!!!
                      The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

Here's a detailed map by Chris Merritt, author of Knott's Preserved:

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                          Here's a detailed map by Chris Merritt, author of Knott's Preserved:

I LOVE this! This looks like it was a classic Disney attraction in the purest sense.

Comment

Gotta tell ya Nautilus .... your attention to detail just blows me away !!

Have to ask you .... ever thought of doing a similar spread on the layout to Discovery Bay?

To date .. there are but just a few scattered photos of the model .. but using the same format as the above artwork would be great!

Think about it.
                            MY SIGNATURE:
                            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Just a couple of weeks ago (May 28) was the 50th anniversary of the opening of Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. It started in 1956 as the Rainbow Caverns Mine Train, and there were also Pack Mules and Stagecoach/Conestoga Wagons through the same area. All of them closed at the end of the summer in 1959, then through the off-season the area was expanded and developed as Nature's Wonderland and the train tracks were extended. There were over 200 animatronic animals added, and major features such as Cascade Peak, Bear River and the Living Desert. The train reopened on May 28, 1960 as Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland. Walt Disney played a major role in the design of the attraction. There were also Pack Mules thru Nature's Wonderland which opened shortly afterwards in June. The Pack Mules remained until October 1973, and the Mine Train ran until January 2, 1977. From then the area was a construction site for over 2 years, then on September 2, 1979 the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was opened. Big Thunder Ranch first opened in June 1986. Cascade Peak, one of the features of the Nature's Wonderland area, remained until 1998 when it was bulldozed. That's the synopsis, but there's a lot more to the story. We recently had a thread on this forum in honor of the 50th anniversary, so if you're interested, take a look here:
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...onderland.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X