Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WOC Dining. How did it go last night?

So I was wondering how the reserved dining for WOC went last night? How did it work? Where was the viewing area? Did anybody run into problems getting tickets after they ate? and any other general information we should know? Thanks a lot, I have been trying to figure out if this is worth it because I have reservations at the Blue Bayou and the Wine Country Trattoria for July 6th and I'm trying to figure out where I should go.

Re: WOC Dining. How did it go last night?

So dinner at the Trattoria was very good but the food at the Blue Bayou is much better. My friend and I were placed in the upper balcony area to have dinner. The customer service was very nice definitely no complaints on the customer service. As soon as the bill was paid for, the server came back with our preferred viewing tickets. Try them both but not on the same day because that will be costly.
    My only complaints were the CM's who couldn't tell me where the preferred viewing seats area was until the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by MsTiauna View Post
      So dinner at the Trattoria was very good but the food at the Blue Bayou is much better. My friend and I were placed in the upper balcony area to have dinner. The customer service was very nice definitely no complaints on the customer service. As soon as the bill was paid for, the server came back with our preferred viewing tickets. Try them both but not on the same day because that will be costly.
      My only complaints were the CM's who couldn't tell me where the preferred viewing seats area was until the last minute.
      So can you tell us if the preferred viewing seats were really good or were they so so....was it very stressful and hectic or with the preferred seating did you find that the process was easier. Just wondering....
      Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come:thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by loveforfamily View Post
        So can you tell us if the preferred viewing seats were really good or were they so so....was it very stressful and hectic or with the preferred seating did you find that the process was easier. Just wondering....
        Yah i would love to know this too. How was the view when you found the preferred area?

Comment

Well it was opening night and just dont think Disney planned the whole scenario out all the way. Preferred viewing was so so probably because by the time my friend and I made our way down to the preferred viewing area there was so many tall people already there in front on me, I could not see everything. I was very angry about that because so many cast members did not know where to direct us to find our viewing spot. The process was very stressful and hectic. It was a good show but I dont even want to see it anymore after all the work it took and money spent to get a so so viewing area.
          Dont get me wrong, it was an amazing show but I could not fully experience the show and see everything. If Disney would have planned this out fully and made sure every cm knew to give proper directions, it would have went much smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by MsTiauna View Post
            Well it was opening night and just dont think Disney planned the whole scenario out all the way. Preferred viewing was so so probably because by the time my friend and I made our way down to the preferred viewing area there was so many tall people already there in front on me, I could not see everything. I was very angry about that because so many cast members did not know where to direct us to find our viewing spot. The process was very stressful and hectic. It was a good show but I dont even want to see it anymore after all the work it took and money spent to get a so so viewing area.
            Dont get me wrong, it was an amazing show but I could not fully experience the show and see everything. If Disney would have planned this out fully and made sure every cm knew to give proper directions, it would have went much smoother.
            Hopefully they will be able to work out all the kinks as time goes on...I think the first couple months will be kind of a learning process...trial and error type thing. By the next time you see it...it will be better I am sure...hoping anyway
            Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come:thumbup:

Comment

Food was good and the viewing area was great. Dead center slightly in front of play fountain.

But surprised by how much open space there was behind me in play fountain area.

Definitely worth the price

Comment

Different story about the service here...

We arrived at 3:40 and checked in. We were the first table seated when they opened at 4 with a party of 8.

So we were sitting there, about 5 minutes later a group of 6 was seated next to us and 10 minutes later a party of 2 behind me.

At this point (4:15) we still did not have drinks ordered, but the 6 already had drinks and bread.

4:20 The waitress brought out the soft drinks and PINK waters with no lemon (which had been requested), sent back the Pink water and asked for water that did not have powerade in it and lemons, and I asked about the bread, she said it would be coming...

4:30 water without lemon, still no bread. Both other tables had their bruchetta already, asked again for lemons and bread... It's coming.

4:45 still nothing, went to the manager to complain, this is ridiculous, we are forced to pay 18% gratuity and not getting service, and we are her only table. Tables of 6 and 2 are almost done with their salads.

4:50 lemons come out and 1 piece of bruchetta for the entire table. Complaints to waitress, where is the rest of the bruchetta?

4:55 bread finally comes out...

5:00 8 pieces of bruchetta arrive, it's only been an hour that we have been seated... the other tables have been served dinner, although the couple had ordered the Beef loin rare and it came out well, so that was sent back.

5:10 the salad course comes

5:45 Dinner is served... Shrimp in the Seafood spaghetti is over cooked, the vegetable stew with the Shortrib is undercooked, carrots still on the raw side. Beef loin was overcooked, well char burnt unless those were pieces of charcoal sticking to the meat.

Took a long time then after everyone was done and the table been cleared to get the shared dessert, another long time to get the bill, and we didn't get out of there until 6:41 with our Premium Viewing passes. So we were at the Trattroria for 3 hours for dinner.

Comment

Hopefully they will be able to work out all the kinks as time goes on...I think the first couple months will be kind of a learning process...trial and error type thing. By the next time you see it...it will be better I am sure...hoping anyway
                  Yeah, but they should've been ready. It is ridiculous that they have so many thousands of Guinna pigs to test this stuff on... Annual Passholders... that they could have made get the show passes, and line up and move around whatever they needed for a preview of the show.

Instead they did 2 CM previews and thought that would be enough. When we arrived at the viewing area, about 6:45 directly from dinner. The CMs were saying to go enjoy the Park, they WILL NOT OPEN BEFORE 7:30... and that Premium Dining enter through the Orange gate. So we went to the Orange gate.

You could not believe what it looked like hitting the fan when the entrance we were sent away from that WILL NOT OPEN BEFORE 7:30 opened before 7:15... the CMs at Orange gate, said they would not let us in until they were supposed to, 7:30... a riot almost ensued as the angry mob is YELLING at the CMs that it is not fair that all the "good" as in front of each section spots were being taken.

They also are taking the Fast Passes when they let you in to an area, the first CM put us in the wrong area, to which we complained that being in the back where the trailer was parked COULD NOT be the premium viewing area. Eventually we were taken to the big circle in the middle of the park where we should be... all the front of the sections were taken, 3-4 people deep. And there were alot of people with the picnic dining totebags in the premium area.

It pretty much appears that once you are in an area, and you have no ticket, as they take it... people can switch areas if they are not seen by a CM, who isn't really paying attention anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MHatter469 View Post
                    Yeah, but they should've been ready. It is ridiculous that they have so many thousands of Guinna pigs to test this stuff on... Annual Passholders... that they could have made get the show passes, and line up and move around whatever they needed for a preview of the show.
                    MHatter, I could not agree with you more

Comment

Originally posted by MHatter469 View Post
                      You could not believe what it looked like hitting the fan when the entrance we were sent away from that WILL NOT OPEN BEFORE 7:30 opened before 7:15... the CMs at Orange gate, said they would not let us in until they were supposed to, 7:30... a riot almost ensued as the angry mob is YELLING at the CMs that it is not fair that all the "good" as in front of each section spots were being taken.

They also are taking the Fast Passes when they let you in to an area, the first CM put us in the wrong area, to which we complained that being in the back where the trailer was parked COULD NOT be the premium viewing area. Eventually we were taken to the big circle in the middle of the park where we should be... all the front of the sections were taken, 3-4 people deep. And there were alot of people with the picnic dining totebags in the premium area.

It pretty much appears that once you are in an area, and you have no ticket, as they take it... people can switch areas if they are not seen by a CM, who isn't really paying attention anyway.
                      Yikes! Hopefully this madness was only due to the stress of the premiere day crowds.

If you were to have 'preferred viewing' tickets for the 9PM showing, what would your advice be? Look at the AG/Trattoria menu ahead of time and order right away? Or don't wait 1-hour before showtime to get in the 'preferred viewing' line?
                      Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 06-12-2010, 11:22 AM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
                        Yikes! Hopefully this madness was only due to the stress of the premiere day crowds.

If you were to have 'preferred viewing' tickets for the 9PM showing, what would your advice be? Look at the menu ahead of time and order right away? Or don't wait 1-hour before showtime to get in line?

Hopefully the madness slows once all the APs have seen it, since there were no previews.

Menu makes no difference, it is Prix Fixe, so there are like 5 choices. We all knew from the time the reservation was called in what we were going to order...

I guess, don't have a large party. As the smaller, tip dependent, tables got much better service.

An excuse made was that yesterday was opening day, however, there have been VIPs or someone dining there since last Friday, every day when I walked by, or watched HSM there were people at tables up there... Also, while it may be the first day open to the public, this is Disney, they have probably hundreds of servers... these could not be new hires that have never worked as a waitress before. They are probably taken from Blue Bayou, French Market, Carnation, or one of the other full table service restaurants at the resort.

So as far as the dining experience, unless you want to rush it there is nothing really to improve. We were over at the ropes for World of Color in plenty of time to get into the show...

The real advice would be to be at the rope on the parade route by Ariels new ride construction... and no matter how many times they tell you anything... do not leave. You could miss your opportunity for a front spot...

The CM actually told us that we could go enjoy the Park, with the Dining Pass we have guaranteed the best possible viewing, even if we come back at 8:30... I beg to differ. Although the Dining Viewing area is NOT packed in like the rest of the viewing, so it is MUCH more comfortable.

I am happy that we did it once, and while I would not do it a second time, if I had it to do over again I would definitely do the Dining package.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post

If you were to have 'preferred viewing' tickets for the 9PM showing, what would your advice be? Look at the AG/Trattoria menu ahead of time and order right away? Or don't wait 1-hour before showtime to get in the 'preferred viewing' line?
                          Get to your diniing area like 30 minutes in advance see last night they seated us early and served us quickly. I also knew what I wanted. I love Disney's steak so I love the steak medium rare. It is a 3 course meal, you only get once choice of the salad and dessert and you also have to share the dessert. Your main entree is the only part you will receive a choice on. Each alcoholic drink is $8.50 each.

Comment

so what happens to the people with "preferred viewing' for the 10:15 show? where do we wait!>???

Comment

After reading this thread, it appears that the "preferred viewing" obtained through the dining package, and "reserved viewing" given by purchasing a picnic, were EXACTLY the same areas.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X