Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Parachute Pier

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Parachute Pier

As many of you may know, the Maliboomer is getting the dynamite stick by this Fall. It's replacement? A character meet and greet area. I don't know about you, but this sounds like a waste of space; if a ride gets taken out, a ride must replace it. Once it is gone, it will make the park look better sure, but that side of the park will feel a bit bare. So I figured how about something that would be family-friendly and would offer a good view and would be a good fit for the Victorian boardwalk theme Disney Imagineering is trying to establish. I think a parachute ride would fit nicely with the area. Something like this:

The ride, like I said earlier, would compliment the Victorian theme in Paradise Pier, pay homage to the old, vintage rides that once occupied California beach boardwalks, and would be smooth enough to appeal to families; after all, Walt wanted to create a place where the parents and the children could enjoy together... not be a quickie thrill ride that would make the park cater to the Six Flags appeal.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think there has been an idea posted that was similar to this, except it would be tied-in with Toy Story's green army men. Not to sound critical, but I really don't think it needs such a theme...though the marketing dept. might think otherwise. :thumbdown

Thoughts? Opinions? Comments?

Re: Parachute Pier

They should replace JellyFish with this but I think they have BIGGER plans for that area of the park.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

That's why DCA fails. Take a ride out and replace with meet-n-greet.

Don't they ever learn?
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Looks like little capacity and a massive metal structure I'd assume to be at Six Flags.
        :/

one hundred and one

Comment

nevermind.

Comment

Isn't the replacement garden for Malliboomer temporary? Maybe that area will get another dark ride. Me hopes Monsters Inc. get relocated there freeing up space in Hollywoodland for a Great Movie Ride type ride.

As for the Parachute ride, didn't they have concept art or a model of one in the Blue Sky Cellar?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
              Isn't the replacement garden for Malliboomer temporary? Maybe that area will get another dark ride. Me hopes Monsters Inc. get relocated there freeing up space in Hollywoodland for a Great Movie Ride type ride.

As for the Parachute ride, didn't they have concept art or a model of one in the Blue Sky Cellar?
              Plans change... I guess.

Comment

^I dont think its a bad idea, just put it somewhere else. I think Disney will us that land one day for a good D/E ticket ride.
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  ^I dont think its a bad idea, just put it somewhere else. I think Disney will us that land one day for a good D/E ticket ride.
                  I guess it would go good where Jumpin Jellyfish is. It might look weird next to Golden Zephyr though... it would look better next to Screamin'. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Do not want. Parachute Tower is too iconic of Coney Island. It's the Eiffel Tower of Brooklyn, which is in New York, which is in New York, which is not California. I also dislike the play on words, which is very reminiscent of the old DCA.

And, um, isn't Jumpin' Jellyfish, like, the exact same ride?
                    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                      That's why DCA fails. Take a ride out and replace with meet-n-greet.

Don't they ever learn?
                      They are taking the ride down and replacing it with a temporary meet and greet, which is going to be replaced by something MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger come Phase 2, then you won't be missing the Maliboomer so much after that.

I think they have learned. That is why they are tearing it down in the first place...

Comment

A ride must be in the works to go there eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
                          Do not want. Parachute Tower is too iconic of Coney Island. It's the Eiffel Tower of Brooklyn, which is in New York, which is in New York, which is not California. I also dislike the play on words, which is very reminiscent of the old DCA.

And, um, isn't Jumpin' Jellyfish, like, the exact same ride?
                          It sorta is except it's much lower and less interesting.

Well I guess we're all in agreement the whole parachute concept just doesn't really fly.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                            They are taking the ride down and replacing it with a temporary meet and greet, which is going to be replaced by something MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger come Phase 2, then you won't be missing the Maliboomer so much after that.

I think they have learned. That is why they are tearing it down in the first place...
                            Do you really think there's room for a descent D/E-Ticket ride? Maybe in the backstage area behind Maliboomer, but even there there's not a lot of room.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
                              It [the Coney Island Parachute Tower] sorta is [like the Eiffel Tower] except it's much lower and less interesting.
                              Duh. But you gotta let them have something.
                              -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X