Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] So WOC picnic meals, how are they?

Lots of talk about these, but no one has commented on the actual meals! If you've had one let us know how it was!

Re: So WOC picnic meals, how are they?

Let you know tomorrow - going to get one today!:ap:

Comment

the picnic "meals" were very mediocre. they were all cold. nothing warm in these at all and I think that kills them.I had the All American. I enjoyed the potato salad and coleslaw but did not like the cold fried chicken and cold apple pie. My girlfriend had the taste of asia and she really only liked the noodles and the cake. I tried some of her meal and the spring rolls were gross but I did like the salmon. Again the salmon would have been better warm. However, I would do them again just so I get myself a fastpass for the first show.

Two Guys, One Mouse podcast. first adult-oriented podcast. every Friday at Midnight.

Comment

We had the dining pkg from the Trattoria for the 9pm show on opening night.

I would imagine that the true value of the picnic meal is with the opportunity to view the show and not with the food.

But hey, that is just me...

Enjoy!

Comment

Get the kids meal. Can't go wrong with PB&J.

Comment

Someone post some pics!
            --Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM BGI View Post
              Someone post some pics!
              There's a link here to see pictures (provided by Disney) of the picnic choices.

WOC Picnic Purchase

Click on the "See photos and descriptions.... " link and it will open a window with pictures.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

None of those really look appealing to me at all. If I had to choose, I would go with the veggie meal, and I'm not a vegetarian. What's the deal with the "European Antipasta" meal?? looks like they were too cheap to add bread, so they could have turned it into deli sandwich. In fact a while back they used to have a wide variety of sandwiches available near the tratoria. Heck the cold sandwiches at Whitewater Rapids are better than these choices.

Cold chicken and cold salmon just doesn't cut it. Now, if they would have had a grilled chicken or grilled samon salad, that would have been a better choice. Hopefully they will make some modifications to these choices. There is no reason why they should be serving less food in these meals than they do for a comparable meal elsewhere at DLR walk up windows.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I would get the

Mediterranean Vegetarian
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm one of those people who likes cold fried chicken (I like cold pizza too) so I ordered the All-American. I'm not going for another week and a half so I can't review it yet. The European had no appeal to me; it looked more like a snack box than a meal. I actually avoided the Asian just because of the spring roll. I think it is the same as the one they had at Lucky Fortune Cookery during Food and Wine. It was the worst spring roll I've ever had. The only difference is that was served with some sort of sesame sauce and the one in the picnic is served with a mango sauce. The vegetarian also looks good, but ultimately I just wanted some meat.

I wonder if they offer any substitutions for those with dietary restrictions. Disney is usually really good about things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by clippers6 View Post
                      I wonder if they offer any substitutions for those with dietary restrictions. Disney is usually really good about things like that.

They did have the usual disclaimer at the bottom of the WOC menu's.

It said to ask your server about special diet requirements.

As a side note, we were able to keep the WOC menu's from the Trattoria as souveniers (they are printed on plain paper stock, but they look nice).

Comment

Originally posted by thedeanmachine View Post
                        the picnic "meals" were very mediocre. they were all cold. nothing warm in these at all and I think that kills them.I had the All American. I enjoyed the potato salad and coleslaw but did not like the cold fried chicken and cold apple pie. My girlfriend had the taste of asia and she really only liked the noodles and the cake. I tried some of her meal and the spring rolls were gross but I did like the salmon. Again the salmon would have been better warm. However, I would do them again just so I get myself a fastpass for the first show.
                        I gotta be honest. I think they would be better off serving a Hot Dog or a Hamburger (hot) by the way - wouldn't that be more "Californian" and throw in a chocolate shake!
                        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                          I gotta be honest. I think they would be better off serving a Hot Dog or a Hamburger (hot) by the way - wouldn't that be more "Californian" and throw in a chocolate shake!
                          Now I want IN-N-OUT for lunch. You are right, it is more "Californian".

Comment

I'm getting the junior All American. But as people said, the price was worth getting a spot to see the show!

Comment

I don't know, I thought the European Antipasto looked pretty good.. I had a snack similar to one like that and really liked it a lot.. And I do like cold fried chicken, reminds me of a true picnic...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X