Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Paul Pressler and what did he have to do with Disneyland?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Paul Pressler is a great merchandiser. When he left the Stores for the Park, both suffered.

    I wish they'd put him back over the stores, but c'est la vie.

    Anyway, people are dead because of maintenance decisions and a corporate environment HE was responsible for*. So I don't think he needs to be working for Disney any more.

    (*-statement reflects the author's opinion only, as it likely cannot be proven in a court of law and the author doesn't want to be sued for slander even though the author is convinced of the truthfulness of this statement)

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


    Comment


    • #22
      Who?

      Originally posted by disneyprincess88
      Who is he and what did he do to Disneyland? It seems that he isn't liked very much! Please Help me Fill in this gap in Disney history!!!

      You know a better question was never asked...Pressler was like a bad dream come to life. It seems like the further removed from him we are the better off we are. I liken it to children in a far off future asking...who was Hitler and what did he do to Germany ? If you weren't there you can't understand.
      Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 03-12-2005, 06:57 PM.
      :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by imagineer boy
        And if you're curiouse to see what he looked like, here he is:

        http://www.image-upload.org//images/at3btD.jpg
        Hey a warning next time woudl be nice! That was a nasty pic.

        Comment


        • #24
          Paul Pressler was a evil being created by the evil sorceror known by some as Judge Doom, as a creature of corrosion, in this case, corroding the magic of the parks. When he "left for the Gap" in actuality he became the 10th Ring Wraith and is one of the guardians of the evil floating tower that acts as Eisner and Doom's base and a prison for every lost original character taken away after 1994.
          M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
          sigpic
          Flickr

          Comment


          • #25
            Different Opinions

            While I have no personal opinion about Paul and Cynthia, reading these threads has shed some light on things.

            A friend of mine who is still a CM at DL told me something very different about Cynthia though. She told me that Cynthia was actually a nice person who did have some ideas about the park. However, whenever Paul would try to get involved whatever the idea was it went to hell in a handbasket on the express chute. (actually she said something worse, but there is something to be said for more publicly appealing idioms on a very public board ).

            I'm curious to know where this Jay Rasulo came from. Kudos to him for picking up Matt Ouimet to head DLR. So far so good, but like many skeptics, I'll reserve my cheers and undying praises until I've seen how the park holds up after the 50th celebration. Like Michelle Pfiffer said in Dangerous Minds, "It's harder to keep an A than it is to earn one."
            Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

            Comment


            • #26
              Paul Pressler and Paradise Pier both have the same acronym, PP. How funny.

              Comment


              • #27
                Paul Pressler was a parasite that attached to Disneyland and turned it into a ghetto. He has since been removed.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Paul Pressler was simply not in his element running a theme park. Both he and Cynthia are better off in merchandising and running the Gap. Cynthia was indeed a very nice person, but was better suited to sit in her office and discuss power-point presentations over tea than a hands-on role in the parks. Several members of the Paul and Cynthia regime (such as Mike Griggs) have since abandoned their Vice President titles at Disneyland and moved onto the Gap as well.

                  Lets give thanks that we have only one remaining holdout (Mary "the butcher" Niven, VP of Food and Beverage) and concentrate our efforts on finding her employment elsewhere. Her attitude (or ego) is no different than Paul Pressler's and we must find a way to get rid of those executives who place themselves and their "legacy" at a higher priority than the park. This woman is a thief and a scam artist who, at Cynthia's request, found her way out of the cafeteria at UCLA and is now royally screwing both cast members and guests at Disneyland.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by disneyprincess88
                    I'm kinda new to the behind the scenes things at Disneyland--In many I've read and heard Paul Pressler is mentioned. Who is he and what did he do to Disneyland? It seems that he isn't liked very much! Please Help me Fill in this gap in Disney history!!!
                    he was president of the resort in the late 90's. he came from a merchendise background which means nothing but merch got money for improvment. he was later upgraded to a more executive position then later axed for being stupid
                    i have no idea

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Disneynut
                      Lets give thanks that we have only one remaining holdout (Mary "the butcher" Niven, VP of Food and Beverage) and concentrate our efforts on finding her employment elsewhere.
                      But, but, think about the churros, man!!! She's keeping the churro carts alive!!!
                      disneyphile@gmail.com

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by Disneyphile
                        But, but, think about the churros, man!!! She's keeping the churro carts alive!!!
                        You are correct! I never thought of it that way. Sadly, she is not only keeping them alive but covering every square inch of the park with ODV carts. I was very happy to see that Greg Emmer removed the carts from Town Square. I love a good churro, but I would be willing to give them up to see Ms. Niven take her "expertise" to Knotts Berry Farm!
                        Last edited by Disneynut; 03-08-2005, 03:01 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          I must say that this was a very informative thread. I didnt know any of this....You learn something new every day.
                          Remain Seated Please..... :o

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            I must say that every time I saw Pressler in an interview he was really nice and very Disney. People that worked for him really loved him. I think whoever said he was out of his realm was right. The Gap is doing good i think. He seemed very zealous and charismatic.
                            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

                            [FONT=Arial Narrow]

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Pressler is the one whos brick is always destroyed in the front of the park
                              "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

                              "Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                                I must say that every time I saw Pressler in an interview he was really nice and very Disney. People that worked for him really loved him. I think whoever said he was out of his realm was right. The Gap is doing good i think. He seemed very zealous and charismatic.
                                Pressler is best in an element where the cost of goods sold is known (for the most part), and where more sales means more profit (as long as the price is a profitable one). His major undoing was pushing an item for which the costs are relatively unknown.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Originally posted by sediment
                                  Pressler is best in an element where the cost of goods sold is known (for the most part), and where more sales means more profit (as long as the price is a profitable one). His major undoing was pushing an item for which the costs are relatively unknown.
                                  I agree completely. Contrary to popular belief I don't think Paul was evil, or stupid. He just didn't understand Disneyland. If you don't truly understand something, you shouldn't be in charge of it. He is by all accounts a tremendously talented retailer. He let the maintenance at DL slide, closed rides, added retail in favor of new rides, cut corners on the second gate. I could go on and on. The point is that these tactics make all kinds of sense in the retail world, which is what he knows. They do not translate to running a theme park. (They translate to ruining a theme park)

                                  The ultimate blame is on Eisner. He put Paul in that position and left him there way too long.

                                  Paul Pressler: wrong place, wrong time.
                                  Michael Eisner: Evil Incarnate.

                                  Originally posted by s8ntmark
                                  Pressler is the one whos brick is always destroyed in the front of the park
                                  I don't suppose Eisner has a brick, does he? I have my eye on a new jackhammer at Home Depot...

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Paul Pressler is very charismatic and very smart, but also very selfish. He made choices to improve DLR's bottom line in the short term (cutting maintenance) that ended up hurting its long term health. This was consistant with his personal goals. When things started to go bad at Disney, he jumped ship.

                                    I've noticed many very intellegent people comment that they think Mr. Pressler is a good merchandiser. But I do not think this is true. The Gap is doing well, just like the Disney Stores when he started there, and just like DL when he started there. He only sets short term goals. Wait a few years, I bet GAP will fall apart. The man has no vision.

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      And, whenever I read that Eisner forced out all these great people from Disney, and Pressler's name included, I just want to fire off a missive to the author. I never do, though, since it's over and he's gone.
                                      This is what bothers me about that new book. It's more about everything else except Disneyland's demise.

                                      I think he'll be at GAP a lot longer than you think, Mr Eggz. Vision doesn't seem to be all that necessary at that company. You sell stuff, and you make money. You don't sell, and you don't make money. How much vision is required?

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Originally posted by sediment
                                        And, whenever I read that Eisner forced out all these great people from Disney, and Pressler's name included, I just want to fire off a missive to the author. I never do, though, since it's over and he's gone.
                                        This is what bothers me about that new book. It's more about everything else except Disneyland's demise.

                                        I think he'll be at GAP a lot longer than you think, Mr Eggz. Vision doesn't seem to be all that necessary at that company. You sell stuff, and you make money. You don't sell, and you don't make money. How much vision is required?
                                        Well it scares me when they float Pressler's name for the CEO... I think that is the LAST thing you want to send to the CM's and to those of us who love the parks...

                                        I hope he stays with the Gap... Retail suits him... Old Navy needs him... Shop at the Gap, keep Pressler away... :devil:
                                        Check out my other blog:

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Originally posted by Mr. Eggz
                                          I've noticed many very intellegent people comment that they think Mr. Pressler is a good merchandiser. But I do not think this is true. The Gap is doing well, just like the Disney Stores when he started there, and just like DL when he started there. He only sets short term goals. Wait a few years, I bet GAP will fall apart. The man has no vision.
                                          I don't know, in retail it's all about short term goals. What's hot this season, etc. THere is a lot less infrastructure to worry about compared to a theme park. I tend to think he'll be successful.
                                          Originally posted by sediment
                                          And, whenever I read that Eisner forced out all these great people from Disney, and Pressler's name included, I just want to fire off a missive to the author. I never do, though, since it's over and he's gone.
                                          This is what bothers me about that new book. It's more about everything else except Disneyland's demise.
                                          I believe that Eisner did force some folks out, if not directly, then indirectly. I agree that he didn't force Pressler out though.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X