Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Radio Advertisement

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Radio Advertisement

I just got home from watching Toy Story 3, and on the way home I heard Disney's radio advertisement with the Summer Nightastic "jingle."
    I'd expect a jingle from Sea World or Knott's but not from Disney. I have nothing against Sea World or Knott's. I happen to like the jingle; I just think Disneyland shouldn't have to bother with a jingle in order to advertise their incredible events happening at the parks. What do you think?

Re: Radio Advertisement

Hmmm...I remember back in the 70s and early 80s when Disneyland didn't seem to advertise at all. I never saw any ads on TV or heard any on radio. However, I do remember that in the newspapers, the ads for the latest Disney movie would have a little tiny Visit Disneyland at the bottom. But I didn't need even that subtle suggestion to go at least a couple times a year (from 400 miles away). Heck, these days, I'd think advertising is the last thing the Park needs. I mean, there don't seem to be many times when the place is hurting for customers!

Comment

Re: Radio Advertisement

Originally posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
      I just got home from watching Toy Story 3, and on the way home I heard Disney's radio advertisement with the Summer Nightastic "jingle."
      I'd expect a jingle from Sea World or Knott's but not from Disney. I have nothing against Sea World or Knott's. I happen to like the jingle; I just think Disneyland shouldn't have to bother with a jingle in order to advertise their incredible events happening at the parks. What do you think?
      The station I listen to (in AZ) is giving away tickets to Disney but at the same time it's a commercial for Disney. I like to mock the "I wanna go" part of it.
      It's annoying and doesn't make we "wanna go".
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X