Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disneyland water -- why not more blue?

As I drove by a reservoir today, I noticed the nice blue hue it had. So then I got to thinking that perhaps the Park's waterways would look better with a blue tint? Or would that look unrealistic? It just seems that the "pond scum green" is a little strong. Hmmm...but now that I think about it some more, I guess rivers -- especially tropical ones -- are typically more green. But the Rivers of America, Storybookland Canals, and especially the casle moat, might be more handsome with a bluer hue. Ah, but isn't the whole canal/moat/river system connected? Well then, I guess they had to choose just the one color for everything. And a sparkling sky-blue Amazon and Nile would look strange, I guess.

Re: Disneyland water -- why not more blue?

it might be cool... on the other hand it might start looking (and smelling) like a swimming pool
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

:ap: Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings :ap:

Comment

A blue wouldn't look realistic. I actually think green goes well with the surroundings.

Comment

I think because they have to tint it (the water is 3.5 ft deep), their choice was the best. Rivers have a green tint.
        It's easy enough to be pleasant
        when life hums along like a song.
        But the man worth while
        is the man who can smile
        when everything goes dead wrong.

Comment

plus with actual marine life living in the water, green appears naturally (algae)
          MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

I don't see how those mutant fish and water life can stay alive in that water.
            Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Comment

I wouldn't like it. Too much like a miniature golf course. I remember as a kid going to Family Fun Center (now Boomers)in Fountain Valley and always comparing the fountains to Ti D Bowl.

No thanks.

Comment

It starts off blue. But blue and yellow make green. Those ducks gotta go somewhere. Just sayin'.

Comment

i would like it a little less green...sometimes it's just looks way too green for my liking.

Originally posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
                  it might be cool... on the other hand it might start looking (and smelling) like a swimming pool
                  the ROA have a worse smell than a swimming pool

Originally posted by BigThunder1 View Post
                  seriously.

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                  It starts off blue. But blue and yellow make green. Those ducks gotta go somewhere. Just sayin'.
                  :lol:

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Isn't the lower end of the Mississippi River rather a mucky brown color from all the silt? Since brown would look like sewage to most people, I think the green for the RoA is a good compromise to keep the theme.
                    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

Green works just fine for me. (Although I think sometimes it does come across a little strong, particularly if you're looking straight down at an area that you know must be so shallow that you "should" be able to see the bottom.)

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder1 View Post
                        The water itself is actually filtered (yes, the green is purposely put in it). If the water was actually as disgusting as it is made out to be, there would be billions of mosquitoes flying around the water.
                        "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

It may have also been done to make it look less inviting....

Comment

I know you're talking about Disneyland here, but has Paradise Pier Lagoon been dyed yet, or can the bottom wires still be seen? Are they dying it blue or green?

BTW for the subject, I like the way the water is in Disneyland right now, especially in Jungle Cruise. Like others have said, it would look unnatural having blue ROA or castle moat.

Comment

Originally posted by Incrediboy View Post
                              I know you're talking about Disneyland here, but has Paradise Pier Lagoon been dyed yet, or can the bottom wires still be seen? Are they dying it blue or green?
                              I'm not sure if they can do much. Doesn't the water need to reflect the WoC lighting/color.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X