Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how was the show

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] how was the show

    For those of you who made it out to the parks today, how was the 4th of July show?

  • #2
    Re: how was the show

    I wasn't as impressed with this year's show as I have been in some years past. It just felt a little anticlimatic to me for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it was distracting to see so many of the RDCT sequences set to patriotic music? I dunno.

    IMO, not Disney's best 4th.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: how was the show

      And video?
      ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

      ...to Disneyland.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: how was the show

        I did not think the show was that good. It was a little short. When they ended i was expecting more fireworks. Other daily sows have been better. It did not have the emotion I have seen with other shows. No Tink or Dumbo. Frankly, Remember was a better show. I would also say that Wishes in Florida was a better show than what they showed for the Fourth at Disneyland. It is too bad but Disneyland used to have great Firework shows for the Forth, but I guess they have cut back.
        Last edited by JiminyCricketFan; 07-05-2010, 08:12 AM.
        Jiminy Cricket Fan
        .................................

        Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: how was the show

          Short?! The show was 15 minutes long! They even extended it today from the normal 4th of July fireworks that they've been showing since the 1st.

          Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
          I did not think the show was that good. It was a little short. When they ended i was expecting more fireworks. Other daily sows have been better. It did not have the emotion I have seen with other shows. No Tink or Dumbo. Frankly, Remember was a better show. I would also say that Wishes in Florida was a better show than what they showed for the Fourth at Disneyland. It is too bad but Disneyland used to have great Firework shows for the Forth, but I guess they have cut back.
          ...why would Tink or Dumbo be in a purely patriotic fireworks display? Not everything has to be Disney at Disneyland.

          IMO, I thought it was pretty darn good (especially since I've now seen it four times!). I thought it was VERY powerful and moving. Go USA!
          "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: how was the show

            While i had no issue with the duration of the show, I felt it lacked a lot of the heart and emotional pull that some of the shows of past years have. Yes, it was very "Go America!", but in a generic, almost offhanded way. (Just my opinion.)
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: how was the show

              Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
              ...why would Tink or Dumbo be in a purely patriotic fireworks display? Not everything has to be Disney at Disneyland.

              IMO, I thought it was pretty darn good (especially since I've now seen it four times!). I thought it was VERY powerful and moving. Go USA!
              I cannot think of anything more all American than DISNEY!! Walt once said that he felt that he would bleed Red, White and Blue. I don't see any reason that Disney characters could not be included in a fireworks show that had a patriotic theme. After all, this was a patriotic firework show at Disneyland. Can you think of any character more American than Mickey Mouse?

              As to the other elements, the show could have used more emotional patrriotic music like the Battle Hymn of the Republic or something like that to increase the emotional impact. It also was a short program compared to other Disneyland Firework shows. One would expect longer not shorter on the Fourth. I guess if you combine the four shows into one, then it would be rather impressive, but most will see it only once.
              Jiminy Cricket Fan
              .................................

              Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: how was the show

                wait... so back then it was the regular nightly fireworks plus extra fireworks for 4th? and that's better than the current one?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: how was the show

                  I liked the show this year. I was at small world and the probably helped to be so close to them. After seeing the shortened version of the 4th show a couple times from July 1-3, the long version on the 4th was plussed a lot. Last year they did not plus it that much and it was a let down. This year was nice and the finale was decent. But still, nothing compares to what they did back in 2005 or 06. Man, that was simply amazing. So when you know what they are capable of, it's sad when they cut back these past couple years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: how was the show

                    Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                    I cannot think of anything more all American than DISNEY!! Walt once said that he felt that he would bleed Red, White and Blue. I don't see any reason that Disney characters could not be included in a fireworks show that had a patriotic theme. After all, this was a patriotic firework show at Disneyland. Can you think of any character more American than Mickey Mouse?

                    As to the other elements, the show could have used more emotional patrriotic music like the Battle Hymn of the Republic or something like that to increase the emotional impact. It also was a short program compared to other Disneyland Firework shows. One would expect longer not shorter on the Fourth. I guess if you combine the four shows into one, then it would be rather impressive, but most will see it only once.
                    I don't understand how Tinkerbell or Dumbo would work in the middle of a patriotic fireworks show. To me, it seems like it would just be a bit too forced. And it would seem a bit blasphemous to many if Mickey Mouse came out and started singing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" or the national anthem.

                    Maybe it's because I was too busy selling junk during the shows, but it seemed to be a good 10-15 minutes long... long enough for a spectacular Disney fireworks show without it being drawn out too long.
                    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: how was the show

                      well at least the show went on without a hitch I know they had some issues with that the past few years

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: how was the show

                        I just got from Disneyland literally about 20 minutes ago. I didn't see the fireworks on the 4th, but did on the 3rd and was a bit underwhelmed. Just as I was getting into it, they were finished. Although when I was in DCA waiting for WoC, the fireworks seemed to go on much longer than when I saw them the previous night.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: how was the show

                          Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                          I just got from Disneyland literally about 20 minutes ago. I didn't see the fireworks on the 4th, but did on the 3rd and was a bit underwhelmed. Just as I was getting into it, they were finished. Although when I was in DCA waiting for WoC, the fireworks seemed to go on much longer than when I saw them the previous night.
                          That would be, because they performed a shortened version 1st-3rd, and added in more pyro on the 4th

                          hope that helped

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: how was the show

                            Originally posted by AllyIsAPirate View Post
                            That would be, because they performed a shortened version 1st-3rd, and added in more pyro on the 4th

                            hope that helped
                            If they added anything, it might have been 30 seconds. I don't think the fireworks I saw on the fourth were over 15 minutes. There were better displays in So Cal than the one at Disneyland. Even Disneyland has done Remember which I believe was over 20 minutes. For those who wanted a short, quick firework show to leave and go home, I sure they were thrilled.
                            Jiminy Cricket Fan
                            .................................

                            Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: how was the show

                              I didn't head over to the park on the 4th but I did take note of the time they started and ended, stepped out on my back patio for a short time... I was surprised as the show didn't run any longer than fireworks on any other night.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X