• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneyland4Eva
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2010

[Chat] Idea for possible Tron Attraction and Tommorowland

I know we all have our own ideas for what we want the parks to be like and there have been several threads on this already but here is what I think would be good for the rest of Tommorowland to bring it to true glory.

Tron Ride-Using the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track ride loads on the same platform.Guest board 6 seater/2 seat rows/3 rows light cycles,simlar to the Rocket Rods.Guest then begin their journey slowly at the people mover speed as they enter the first tunnel or which in this case is a high tech computer lab.All is well as your narrator guide tells you about the latest computer technology.Then after you pass Star Tours and the Star Trader area something goes wrong........Terribly wrong in the lab.Explosions,malfunctions,guests begin to hear the emergency alarm go off.Guests vehicles begin to speed up and evacuate through the dark tunnel all the way until they come outside again and head for the Innoventions building where there they hear the master computer voice confirming that we have all been trapped in the game grid or the world of Tron.So hear is where it becomes interesting.Imagineers could utilize the Innoventions building(both levels)to make the light cycle vehicles go through a recreated game grid arena for Tron.Basically being like a roller coaster portion of the ride.You would see the master computer from the original plus any new characters from the sequel also the guards and other grid players trapped as well.Then once your cycle helps defeat the master computer you must escape before you blow up with the computer so it's outside again on the track until you come back to the real world in that last portion for the Rocket Rods where that strobe light was.Think of the dark ride/rollercoaster combo similar to Revenge of the Mummy at USH.

Red Rockets/Pizza Port-Take this out and put in(I would love it to be Alien Encounter but I know it wouldn't happen because of too many complaints from Disney World;alhough Stich Encounter?IDK)I'm thinking of a Flight Into the Future ride kinda like a cross between Mission Space,Alien Encounter,and Rocket To The Moon.Guests would board 4 person crew spaceships that would fly over different planets in our galaxy.During the course of the attraction on our way back to Earth our spaceships are menaced by alien invaders who dont want to see us return to earth.Throw in a blackout on our spaceship and an unknown alien intruder and your in for quite a climatic ending to the ride.Of course we the goodguys save the day and we make it back to Earth unharmed.

As for the Magic Eye Theatre have Captain EO stay and rotate showtimes with WALL E 4D Show.This would be like a House of the Future/Innoventions 4D show that would showcase future products,give demonstrations,utilizing tons of special effects,and show a film that would correspond with audience interaction all around us.Fun and family friendly but not boring.Tom Morrow could be utilized here in the preshow and towards the end of the show also.Great Big Beautiful Tommorrow Song.

Put all these things together:New Star Tours,New Space Mt.,New Arcade,Astro Orbiter,BLAB,Tron Ride,Flight Into The Future,Autotopia,and Wall E/Captain EO along with Nemo's Subs we'd be looking at a much better Tommorrow Land IMO.BTW dont forget a refurbished Tomorrowland Terrace and Star Trader.
  • frollofan
    ********ter
    • Mar 2010

Re: Idea for possible Tron Attraction and Tommorowland

OMG I was thinking the same about the Tron being like Revenge of the Mummy
    Except I thought of boarding lightcycles arranged the same way as horses on the Pony Express at Knotts
    Then the ride would show Tron warning guests about the main computer taking over, you then proceed to a room where you encounter the main computer with a face on a giant screen, like the computer on Spongebob but scary looking, on the sides of it there would be two electrical bolts in a tube running on the sides of the computer, the computer states you compete in a lightcycle race in order to return to Earth. Your turn and enter a room with a robot that looks like a woman holding a flag. Then the countdown goes 3,2,1, GO You accelerate of at 45 mph and enter the rollercoaster segment with banked turns and drops. After this you enter a room showing the computer being defeated. You return to the station and that's it
    Sorry for that long idea, but I just find it funny that Revenge of the Mummy came to bothe of our minds
    About the theater, please just show Captain EO
    I don't want any more Pixar attractions in Tomorrowland
    However I could handle having Captain EO and a new 3D show
    Nice ideas

Comment

• mondo
      MiceChatter
      • Oct 2008

I like the Tron attraction ideas but not on the PM track. Maybe in a rebuild show building to replace Innovention. I want the PeopleMover to return

Comment

• frollofan
        ********ter
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by mondo View Post
        I like the Tron attraction ideas but not on the PM track. Maybe in a rebuild show building to replace Innovention. I want the PeopleMover to return
        This is what I forgot to mention
        A new PeopleMover sounds like the best idea out there

Comment

• icepenguin77
          Banned User
          • Feb 2010

Before what you said, I was against putting Tron on the Peoplemover Track, however, if they did it correctly, it could work very nice! Maybe when you go into the Star Tours building you will go through Flynn's Arcade, then, as you said, a beam of light will cross over the car in the dark ride section, with the view of Star Tours blocked, and you will get sucked into the Master Computer with a powerful launch. The track over the Pizza Port could be enclosed, and the track would extend all the way around Space Mountain's Dome. Than you could have jagged rocks and new scenery like Hong Kong's Autopia in Autopia so it fits in (at this point, you could have "Escaped" the master computer, only to find you are in a simulation of Tomorrowland.) Then, you are sucked into the Buzz Building for one last showdown in the Master Computer.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2008

I agree that they should bring back the PM and build the new Tron attraction in the Innoventions location at the same time. Hopefully they're also planning to makes any changes needed in the Star Tours building during its refurbishment to allow sufficient clearances for a future PM vehicle. That way they'll have the new PM setup to go through the Tron attraction and Star Tours. Then they just have to figure out what to do about Space Mountain and Buzz. It'd be cool to have look-ins on those attractions again too, but it may be really challenging especially without closing those attractions for a while, which I'm sure they'd like to avoid.
            Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Disneyland4Eva
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2010

Well at least everyone seems to like the Tron idea.Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• mondo
                MiceChatter
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                I agree that they should bring back the PM and build the new Tron attraction in the Innoventions location at the same time. Hopefully they're also planning to makes any changes needed in the Star Tours building during its refurbishment to allow sufficient clearances for a future PM vehicle. That way they'll have the new PM setup to go through the Tron attraction and Star Tours. Then they just have to figure out what to do about Space Mountain and Buzz. It'd be cool to have look-ins on those attractions again too, but it may be really challenging especially without closing those attractions for a while, which I'm sure they'd like to avoid.

It is possible that they already did the clearance for Space Mountain and Buzz during their construction?

Comment

• Tomorrowland_1967
                  Artistic integrity
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post

Tron Ride-Using the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods track ride loads on the same platform.Guest board 6 seater/2 seat rows/3 rows light cycles,simlar to the Rocket Rods.Guest then begin their journey slowly at the people mover speed as they enter the first tunnel or which in this case is a high tech computer lab.All is well as your narrator guide tells you about the latest computer technology.Then after you pass Star Tours and the Star Trader area something goes wrong........Terribly wrong in the lab.Explosions,malfunctions,guests begin to hear the emergency alarm go off.Guests vehicles begin to speed up and evacuate through the dark tunnel all the way until they come outside again and head for the Innoventions building where there they hear the master computer voice confirming that we have all been trapped in the game grid or the world of Tron.So hear is where it becomes interesting.Imagineers could utilize the Innoventions building(both levels)to make the light cycle vehicles go through a recreated game grid arena for Tron.Basically being like a roller coaster portion of the ride.You would see the master computer from the original plus any new characters from the sequel also the guards and other grid players trapped as well.Then once your cycle helps defeat the master computer you must escape before you blow up with the computer so it's outside again on the track until you come back to the real world in that last portion for the Rocket Rods where that strobe light was.Think of the dark ride/rollercoaster combo similar to Revenge of the Mummy at USH.
                  I appreciate your imagination .... some elements of your idea ... sounds fun.

Although ... I'm a bit weary of rides with the "something goes terribly wrong" scenario. (My nice way of saying - That's been played out one too many times in Disneyland attractions )

Tomorrowland needs to have a few attractions that are a more positive view of the future. I feel that's very important.

Tron belongs in it's own separate showbuilding ... while the PM tracks should go back to yet a whole new incarnation of the Peoplemover.

Peoplemover gave wonderful rooftop views of the land .. in 16 cozy minutes.

Rocket Rods/Tron Cycles/Something Coaster Speeds ... will circumnavigate that 4,000 foot loop in just slightly over 2 minutes.

That's not my idea of a nice enjoyable "Disneyland" ride - When it's over .. before it has a real chance to get started!
                  MY SIGNATURE:
                  Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

• Mr. BuenaVista St.
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2010

I love the Tron ride idea that would be similar to revenge of the mummy but I believe it would be better fit in it's own showbuilding rather than on the PM track. PM needs to come back to tomorrowland and I would like to see the theater be remodeled and I know how everyone doesn't like Pixar In the parks but Walle 4D show would be pretty neat if you ask me ... Or (if the tron ride is out of the question) how bout a Tron 4D show!!! I love Captain EO ... But it's gonna get boring if they leave it there for the next couple of years. Off topic, but over in DCA, Muppets 3D needs to be replaced with an Incredibles 4D show !!!!!!! The best pixar movie yet and no attraction??? Somethings wrong with that :/

Comment

• Barbossa
                      Infinitized!
                      • Jan 2005

Bring back the PeopleMover TRON Tunnel!

Comment

• Disneyland4Eva
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2010

Well again everyone seems to like the Tron idea.Im with you guys to I would love to see the Peoplemover come back.Funny though how not one person has come to the defense of Innoventions.I think most if not all of us can agree it's time for Innoventions to go.Well Tom Morrow I guess you will have a great big beautiful tommorow in Yesterland.

Comment

• Incrediboy
                          Future Disney Imagineer
                          • Jan 2010

they should stick a delapitated innoventions building and Orange in the Epic Mickey video game, ino the world of has-beens :lol:

Comment

• mondo
                            MiceChatter
                            • Oct 2008

Bring back the PeopleMover TRON Tunnel!
                            If they bring back the PM, make it go thru the Tron attraction, then you will have the "Tron tunnel".

I think most if not all of us can agree it's time for Innoventions to go.Well Tom Morrow I guess you will have a great big beautiful tommorow in Yesterland.
                            I have asked this like several times in the last couple of weeks on many forums. When will the sponsors' contracts end?

Mr. Tom Morrow should be kept and move to another location in TL.

Comment

• BoygunaSurf
                              Boat shoes all day long
                              • Jan 2006

Here is what I am thinking for tron: a ride vehicle shaped similar to a toaster, connected in groups of four vehicles, travels a platform rail into a super speed tunnel where tron images are projected on the walls. With realistic sounds and images, guests would be tricked into thinking they are traveling at an incredible rate...like when Lloyd looks through the windshield of his van in Dumb and Dumber and pumps his fists. I feel like something like this would really put guests in the mindset of the tron light-cycle racers!

Also, teenagers like to sit close together on rides like this...there aren't many of these left in the park - but the illusion of high-speed would keep them on their toes.
                              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

• frollofan
                                ********ter
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
                                I love the Tron ride idea that would be similar to revenge of the mummy but I believe it would be better fit in it's own showbuilding rather than on the PM track. PM needs to come back to tomorrowland and I would like to see the theater be remodeled and I know how everyone doesn't like Pixar In the parks but Walle 4D show would be pretty neat if you ask me ... Or (if the tron ride is out of the question) how bout a Tron 4D show!!! I love Captain EO ... But it's gonna get boring if they leave it there for the next couple of years. Off topic, but over in DCA, Muppets 3D needs to be replaced with an Incredibles 4D show !!!!!!! The best pixar movie yet and no attraction??? Somethings wrong with that :/
                                I don't want the whole land to be themed after Tron. One E ticket lightcycle enclosed coaster in the Innoventions space is enough. Remember variety. Tomorrowland can't just rely on Tron to shape it up again. We need all kinds of new ideas plus even old ones(PeopleMover) to help. However, the Pixar attractions in Tomorrowland as we know need to go, but it probably won't happen if Pixar happens to go under, or Disney is finally struck in the head that they were wrong.

Comment

• mickey11
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Apr 2008

But the world of Tron is set inside the computer world, the idea is cool all around, but not for the people mover track. The constant going in and out of show scenes breaks the theme of Tron. Fully enclosed inside the innoventions, building it will be cool, but the PM track isn't suited for the theme.

Comment

• CaptainEO,ATIS
                                    • Jun 2010

Instead of using the PM/RR track build a new track and bring back the PM on the old track. I like the rest of the ideas too.

Comment

• GrumpyDude
                                      Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!
                                      • Apr 2010

I'm all for bringing back the PeopleMover if we can include a loop!

Comment

• mondo
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Oct 2008

But the world of Tron is set inside the computer world, the idea is cool all around, but not for the people mover track. The constant going in and out of show scenes breaks the theme of Tron. Fully enclosed inside the innoventions, building it will be cool, but the PM track isn't suited for the theme.
                                        agree. Tron should be in it own building

Instead of using the PM/RR track build a new track and bring back the PM on the old track. I like the rest of the ideas too.
                                        I had a dream similar to this idea long time ago. Rocket Rods and the People Mover co-exist right next to each other.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X