This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Flying Saucers or Tires?

I think it's great that the old Flying Saucer technology is being given another go with digital enhancements, but I have to say that I find the coolness and fantasy and romance factor of a Flying Saucer image much more engaging to the imagination than a lot of old tires.

I wish Tomorrowland was getting that instead of DCA.

If you could choose in a perfect world, which theme would you prefer?

Re: Flying Saucers or Tires?

Tomorrowland would have been ideal, but tires is better than nothing.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen them on the top floor of Innoventions with a fun interactive space adventure queue on the 1st floor.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I was thinking you could gut the "temporary" Captain Eo theatre and have the Flying Saucers in the restored open air forecourt of Space Mountain.

Comment

As much as I think tomorrowland needs something I think the theme of the roaming tires is going to be great!
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Playing bumper-tires will be more fun than "flying" saucers.

I was just thinking about the tires this morning for some reason. If the ride is any good at all I expect the lines will be really long: Low capacity, plus the time to get people into and out of the vehicles, equals a long line to me.

Are there similar rides that work quickly? Astro Orbiter, Dumbo and the DCA Swings are similar, but they aren't very popular.

Comment

I think the tires will fit well in their new home. From what I've heard the land is going to be totally immersive and once immersed everything will make sense.
            Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Comment

Tomorrowland is in need of something. It seems to be the land that they've taketh from but not giveth.
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

>>If the ride is any good at all I expect the lines will be really long: Low capacity, plus the time to get people into and out of the vehicles, equals a long line to me.<<

They will be very popular - - I imagine they'll have to have two air-hockey sections operating at once like Soarin' and alternate loads to keeps crowds flowing.

Comment

I'm saving judgement on Carsland Flatrides until the place opens. I don't know how popular the tires will be but I figure the racers are going to hold their own and keep most of the focus while the Tires will be the second popular ride. I guess Maters ride will have the shortest line?
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

any bets on the ride cycle time? This was always my beef with the attractions like Dumbo, Carousel, Swings, etc in the Disney parks. Due to the volume the ride cycle is so short you feel jib'd afterwords. The attractions they don't build to be high capacity really suffer from that trade off to increase throughput and reduce waits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                      Tomorrowland would have been ideal, but tires is better than nothing.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen them on the top floor of Innoventions with a fun interactive space adventure queue on the 1st floor.
                      Yes, this^
                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I vote tires. TL needs a lot of work but when they do decide to put more cool rides in that land I hope they'll try to go the more high-tech route.
                        Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                          any bets on the ride cycle time? This was always my beef with the attractions like Dumbo, Carousel, Swings, etc in the Disney parks. Due to the volume the ride cycle is so short you feel jib'd afterwords. The attractions they don't build to be high capacity really suffer from that trade off to increase throughput and reduce waits.
                          True true, its were I avoid most of the carny rides whenever I visit the parks.

I almost wish every dumbo could be dueling dumbos . If the line were short and the ride was a nice length I'd be more likely to ride it, but the line is always huge and the ride is ussually short.

I'm still going to hit most of Carsland for the novelty though. I don't expect two tires platforms but if they DID make them it would be awesome!
                          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                            I was thinking you could gut the "temporary" Captain Eo theatre and have the Flying Saucers in the restored open air forecourt of Space Mountain.
                            this^

Then we can say one big farewell to the Magic Eye Theater ... as 3D is so main stream these days ... Disney Theme Park 3D films are obsolete.
                            MY SIGNATURE:
                            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                              Tomorrowland is in need of something. It seems to be the land that they've taketh from but not giveth.
                              Um, Space Mountain was given a 2-year makeover from 2003-2005(that's the only time that I could think that DLR gave to their TL.)

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Then we can say one big farewell to the Magic Eye Theater ... as 3D is so main stream these days ... Disney Theme Park 3D films are obsolete.
                              You might be right, but I don't think they have died yet in terms of usefulness(we might even have a Wall-E presentation in 3D, so don't count it dated yet...)

Timekeeper
                              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X