This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Will the Red Car Trolley last?

After what happened to the Jolly Trolley, do you think the new RCT in DCA will end up as another non-moving prop for guests to sit in?

Re: Will the Red Car Trolley last?

Originally posted by Kimura View Post
    After what happened to the Jolly Trolley, do you think the new RCT in DCA will end up as another non-moving prop for guests to sit in?
    Depends, we still have the mainstreet vehicles (though DisneyWorld doesn't?).

I'm thinking the paths are wide enough that this won't be the same issue Toontown had. Though I think parade headaches are something that could kill it.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Nope, the two are so different and the RCT is more comparable to the vehicles on Main Street. Jolly Trolley suffered from being in such a confined land full of running kids. RCT is going through more of a Main Street envrionment

Comment

I imagine that all the issues of concern to you have been fully hashed out. If you have any specific questions, let me know, and I'll pass them on to the Imagineer in charge of the attraction design.

Comment

I predict that these will go the way of main street vehicles and be more off then on due to congestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
            I imagine that all the issues of concern to you have been fully hashed out. If you have any specific questions, let me know, and I'll pass them on to the Imagineer in charge of the attraction design.
            I would like to know if they will add an electrified cow plow to solve the issue. Many Thanks!

Comment

I for one don't worry about the Red Cars becoming a static photo op, but I do worry about the prop electric wires that are being added above the street to help the cars achieve a bit of historic realism. While I'm all for the details (that is why I love the parks as much as I do), I'm concerned that these cables will be more eye-sore than touch of immersive eye candy. I suppose there is also the clearance issue for the parades, although I must admit I'm not much of a parade fan.
              Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I personally think that the RCT will be having a lot of problems in the future, especially in the summer when the parades take place. They'll also have to worry about it breaking down and draining the electricity from other parts of the park.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
                  Depends, we still have the mainstreet vehicles (though DisneyWorld doesn't?).
                  WDW only ever has a few on in the morning. That's it.
                  -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

The RCT, as mentioned already, will be akin to the Main treet vehicles, where they are run earlier in the day, before the parades even start. Parades don't start until at least 3pm or 4pm at the earliest.

The thing I dislike about them most is the overhead wire.

I'm glad they are attempting to turn the entry area into something, rather than just neon and concrete, and placing some sort of transportation in DCA. But, it's still rather disappointing that DCA will still be lacking some sort of around the entire park, or to the far side of Paradise Pier.
                    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-13-2010, 05:35 PM.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The Red Cars aren't really being added to be a major attraction. They are theme elements which help a visitor make the immediate connection that they are in a different place and time.

Since the Hollywood section of DCA has sidewalks with curbs, I really don't think that there will be much of a problem. They'll shut them down for parades and on the rare occasion that the park is too busy, but I think that by and large, they will be a tremendous thematic addition to the park.

It is precisely this sort of detail that was missing from DCA since its opening. All that's really missing now is for some sort of Train/monorail/peoplemover/skyway to transport people to the back of Paradise Bay to help balance out crowd levels.
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                        The Red Cars aren't really being added to be a major attraction. They are theme elements which help a visitor make the immediate connection that they are in a different place and time.

Since the Hollywood section of DCA has sidewalks with curbs, I really don't think that there will be much of a problem. They'll shut them down for parades and on the rare occasion that the park is too busy, but I think that by and large, they will be a tremendous thematic addition to the park.

It is precisely this sort of detail that was missing from DCA since its opening. All that's really missing now is for some sort of Train/monorail/peoplemover/skyway to transport people to the back of Paradise Bay to help balance out crowd levels.
                        Yeah, I think they'll be a nice detail of movement for the park. Draw people in the way the train does for Disneyland. It'll be pretty cool to see the monorail traveling over the entrance with the Trolley going back and forth .

I don't worry too much about the Pier. Unless the remake changes something, it'll still be the giant artery funneling people all the way to the back of the park.
                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I know the design (thanks to OERM) but will WDI have internal lighting allowing them to run on nights when parades are not operating?

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                          They'll shut them down for parades and on the rare occasion that the park is too busy
                          :lmao: Dusty with the one liner!
                          Last edited by techskip; 07-13-2010, 04:24 PM.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I was thinking this same question yesterday! lol They aren't going to be running during the night are they? Because if they are, I would be very happy. But I doubt it. lol
                            The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
                            fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
                            JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Comment

If you have any specific questions, let me know, and I'll pass them on to the Imagineer in charge of the attraction design.
                              Is there a possibility of running them down to Paradise Pier (which would be historically accurate considering the evolution of Huntington Beach)?
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X