This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Knotts Berry Farm Ties to Walt Disney and Disneyland

Can someone tell me some of the ties that Knotts had wih Disney, I know there is quite a few.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Knotts Berry Farm Ties to Walt Disney and Disneyland

They were "friends" i guess... you can use that term loosely. Walter Knott and his wife were at Disneyland's opening day. Walt had sent them tickets. That's about all I know.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I went to a field trip at KBF at school.
      One of the "leaders" told us the various things u see around there. (The train, The school) she said they were antiques. She said the Mrs. Knotts and Mrs. Disney would go antiquing.(sp)
      That's the closest I know
      Originally posted by MainStreetJake
      Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
      Originally posted by williamtheking
      Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
      Mike Skellington
      My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

They each kept their parks on,y open specific days of the week so OC visitors had more hinges to do. That was back when there was no competition, and companies helped each other, for the better of the customer

Comment

both Walt's also used to do charity work together. also when the Knott's were going to sell the park, Disney almost bought Knotts Berry Farm and they were going to turn it into that park that was once going to be built in Virginia or Maryland or wherever. But the Knotts were afraid that they were going to remove too much of the original attractions, so they sold it to Cedar Fair instead.

Comment

Originally posted by topdawg712 View Post
            both Walt's also used to do charity work together. also when the Knott's were going to sell the park, Disney almost bought Knotts Berry Farm and they were going to turn it into that park that was once going to be built in Virginia or Maryland or wherever. But the Knotts were afraid that they were going to remove too much of the original attractions, so they sold it to Cedar Fair instead.
            Ironically, cedar fair changed more than Disney would have

In otheR words....
            EPIC FAIL

Comment

any ties with knotts rides or attractions?
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by topdawg712 View Post
                Umm. not quite true. I was working at Knott's (Stagecoach Driver) when Cedar Fair started working on them to buy the Farm. They kept on and on and finally caught Virginia Knott at the right time (she was the major stock holder)...and the sale went through. From friends that worked there at the time of the sale, the rest of the family was not happy about it. They wanted it to stay in the family. Of all the times that possible sales were mentioned, Disney never ever came up. Only Cedar Fair.
                Originally posted by migo
                I poop with joy!
                Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                  Umm. not quite true. I was working at Knott's (Stagecoach Driver) when Cedar Fair started working on them to buy the Farm. They kept on and on and finally caught Virginia Knott at the right time (she was the major stock holder)...and the sale went through. From friends that worked there at the time of the sale, the rest of the family was not happy about it. They wanted it to stay in the family. Of all the times that possible sales were mentioned, Disney never ever came up. Only Cedar Fair.
                  Disney wAs going to buy knotts and turn it into disney's America

Comment

..however they never really were going to buy it. It was just a plan that never went through, not even like Port Disney which was unable to get proper city approval.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                      any ties with knotts rides or attractions?
                      I've heard that The Calico Mine Ride was an inspiration for Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland or something of that extent. It's not a solid fact but I've heard this a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                        Disney wAs going to buy knotts and turn it into disney's America
                        Never ever heard that rumor while working there... It was always only Cedar Fair and we were all sick that it might (and eventually did ) happen.
                        I poop with joy!
                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                          Never ever heard that rumor while working there... It was always only Cedar Fair and we were all sick that it might (and eventually did ) happen.
                          Actually, Disney was a potential buyer. It's covered in this JimHillMedia article. The plans they had were interesting and it's a nice read.

Jim Hill : You're KNOTT going to believe where "Disney's America" almost got built

Comment

/\ potential, yes, but in the end Disney backed out.

the Log Ride inspired Splash Mountain, while the Calico Mine Ride inspired Indiana Jones Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dual-Screen View Post
                              Actually, Disney was a potential buyer. It's covered in this JimHillMedia article. The plans they had were interesting and it's a nice read.

Jim Hill : You're KNOTT going to believe where "Disney's America" almost got built
                              Thanks for the link. It was an interesting read. But, those of us who worked there never heard a peep about this. It was always only Cedar Fair in the rumors.
                              I poop with joy!
                              Best Quote...EVER!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X