This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Disneyland Value Resort

Wouldn't be nice if Disneyland built a value resort for people who cannot afford to stay in their resort hotels. Its the same concept as the Value resorts( Pop Century and All Stars..etc) at WDW.

Re: Disneyland Value Resort

Yes, but it was feasible in Florida because they own so much land. Unfortunately real estate is at a high premium in Anaheim, so the likelihood of a Value at DLR is slim to none.

Comment

No. Those things are tacky Disney-fied Holiday Inns. Disney is a LUXURY.

Comment

Originally posted by ice101 View Post
        no. Those things are tacky disney-fied holiday inns. Disney is a luxury.
        +5

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
          Truthfully, they're not even as good as a Holiday Inn. But what you get at the Values (in WDW at least), is access to some of the same perks as the more expensive resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
            Even a Holiday Inn Express has interior hallways, decor that is somewhat appealing, free internet and a free continental breakfast.

A Value Resort, like they are decorated at Walt Disney World, would probably be against the zoning regulations that Disney had enacted for the Resort District.

Comment

No.....a thousand time no.
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I think that the DL Resort does not have a lot of land asset value to create a "moderate" hotel. They would rather have a plush hotel or even more attraction property. Why would they invest in something like this when they could build another tower hotel or more rides.
                For instance, the Waterfalls at the DL Hotel. Yeah I hate to see them go, but they're putting a new pool, resturant and bar in it's place? That's kinda my example.
                What do you think?

Comment

Back to the point about "Disney is a LUXURY." Actually, it's not. If it were, Disney wouldn't be selling SoCal and SoCal select AP's, or offering whatever other discounts they do. What it comes down to is, does it make financial sense for them to build a Value resort? MAYBE a so-called Moderate (which would be luxury priced compared to surrounding hotels) might make sense, but not a Value.

Comment

They already do have Value resorts... They are those tacky hotels that Walt so desperately wanted to go away.

Comment

Alamo Inn... there ya go right there.

Comment

I think it would be a good idea. I liked my stay at the Pop Century in florida. And no it is not the same as a holiday inn. You won't see disney theming there. I loved the opportunity to do my shopping in the hotel lobby instead of doing it while at the parks. I also enjoyed the themed pools and restaurant. I think that there are many others like myself who would pay to stay at a Disney value resort in anaheim.

Comment

Yes. The problem is that there is nowhere to put it. But as long as their pricey hotels are filling up, I suppose there is no need for one from a business perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by icepenguin77 View Post
                            They already do have Value resorts... They are those tacky hotels that Walt so desperately wanted to go away.
                            But so damn affordable. Even Paradise Pier Hotel is a bit out of our range currently.
                            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

It would be okay if the value resort at DL were not as bad as they are at WDW. I would never stay at a value resort due to the layout and noise. I would stay off property (actually we have!) at WDW before I would ever stay at any of the values there. It would be great if DL had a lower cost hotel, but better and nicer than the WDW values. So yeah! They should have a lower cost Disney themed hotel at DL. I agree with that! JMHO
                              Last edited by Susabelle; 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X