Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDI Mock-Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Riders

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video WDI Mock-Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Riders

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgKoj4olEm0&feature=PlayList&p=AB084E126A2 B8D0A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=29"]YouTube - Preview of Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

Here is a mock-up of the ride that features Imagineers and their kids as test riders. It's fun watching them glide on air, and spin left and right while giving eachother nice healthy bumps.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 01:35 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: WDI Mach Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Rider

Thanks for the video!

Comment

Re: WDI Mach Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Rider

so how do you move around? by just moving your bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
        Thanks for the video!
        You're quite welcome. It appears that the testing is smoothly coming along.

Originally posted by lizzie89 View Post
        According to the video, you simply change direction using your body. How cool is that?!!!.
        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Re: WDI Mock-Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Rider

From the video:
          "And move your body to the left, to the right to change direction..."
          So yes, no handheld joysticks or anything. Just your body
          Thanks for the video!

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my
          Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
          Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie89 View Post
            Yup! That's how the original Flying Saucers operated.
            "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
              Yup! That's how the original Flying Saucers operated.
              Thanks for the link. The interesting information provided in it relates all kinds of details on how the flying saucers operated. Let's hope that Luigi's Flying Tires has a high rider capacity. Wouldn't want it ending up like it's Tomorrowland predicessor...eventually to be replaced by a Cars Land stage show.
              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Re: WDI Mock-Up Preview Of Luigi's Flying Tires...With Imagineers' Kids As Test Rider

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                From the video:
                "And move your body to the left, to the right to change direction..."
                So yes, no handheld joysticks or anything. Just your body
                Thanks for the video!
                You're very welcome, KEBSD. Guess the joysticks will be reserved only for the coming new Star Tours revamp. Just kidding! :lol:
                Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                  Your very welcome, KEBSD. Guess the joysticks will be reserved only for the coming new Star Tours revamp. Just kidding! :lol:
                  Haha, I'd be interested to see how that would work out.

^Art by me!
                  Check out my
                  Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                  You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                  Visit my
                  Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                  Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

They've had this ride for years now at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
                    Although Santa Cruzs is a lot more like tomorrowlands original version.
                    You can see it on youtube here
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyRsyG0H3w"]YouTube - Santa Cruz Space Race Ride 2[/ame]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFyRsyG0H3w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFyRsyG0H3w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Great video. Looks like everyone on the ride is having a blast. Love the space murals. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk doesn't receive it's just due in recognition by the media. In spite of having a much smaller budget than Disneyland, this doesn't stop it from having a dynamic variety of rides...as well as having a drive to create popular innovative new rides each year.

Originally posted by 006TOE View Post
                      You can see it on youtube here
                      YouTube - Santa Cruz Space Race Ride 2

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFyRsyG0H3w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFyRsyG0H3w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Better start taking my Dramamines.
                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

This is awesome! The more I see of Carsland, the better I like it!
                          You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Goofy View Post
                            This is awesome! The more I see of Carsland, the better I like it!
                            Me too!! Is it 2012 yet???
                            DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                            DW Trips: '08
                            International parks: Some day...

Comment

Originally posted by 006TOE View Post
                              It's not the same thing at all. The ride at SC is just a different type of bumper cars. The Flying Tires (and the old Saucers) are not self-powered, but lifted by air.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X